The Audio Lounge
Feb 28, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #22,411 of 36,129
Howdy Loungers, just passin' thru :grin: Happy Friday:beerchug:

Feb 28, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #22,412 of 36,129
Howdy Loungers, just passin' thru :grin: Happy Friday:beerchug:

Just love Kaleo, their sound is so good. Gritty bluesy soul wrenching stuff.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #22,413 of 36,129
Yes, I was recently turned on to them and I find it fascinating they have been living in my home town of Austin. Like so many other bands who go there and play SXSW they love it and stay! Being a big blues fan I absolutely dig them as well and JJ has a killer voice.

Here's another great band out of Austin however no longer together cause the lead singer got the BIG Head. They only cut the one album "Reach Out" but its awesome start to finish if you can get a hold of it:wink:

OK, one more awesome band from Austin while I'm here:grin: (Dogs Years and Piece of my soul are excellent albums) Why yes that is Chris "Whipper" Layton on drums and Tommy Shannon on bass both of Arc Angels and played for SRV and Double Trouble plus two of the very best Guitarist in Austin in "The David's Grissom and Holt.

Gotta run, have a great weekend music lovers:beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #22,414 of 36,129
@Podster -Great stuff, thanks for the insight.
Heading to show now, cheers

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #22,415 of 36,129
Well I'm virtually sitting back and enjoying, no more chasing the dream (well mostly)....I'm so close to being in a position where I just dont want anything, I had 2 more items on my list ...a new dap towards the higher end of audio (were not talking 1z or lotto paw touch to expensive for my palette) and a pair of comets...I ordered the comets yesterday and got an excellent deal £150 brand new in the box 2 year warranty etc , however much I like alo or campfire there courier and import taxes are ridiculous, £30 for shipping plus handling charge and taxes to import on a brand new pair straight from campfire, there £155 new and with import, shipping and handling it comes too about £225 about £70 extra on a £155 iem! Ridiculous! ...there also £225 in England too from 2 suppliers , richer sounds or hifiheadphones, there also on Amazon but just hifiheadphones anyway....bought them from a company in poland that have I think about 8 or 9 shops and seem quite reputable as they stock a lot of higher end gear .
If anyone in the uk would like the link just pm me.

So just dap left and I'm actually thinking of having a bit of a turn around as in my judgement, because I'm not really chasing anymore and I'm actually looking long term sitting back ( a good few years) then the dx220 is actually appealing, I still think its clunky OS and build is not as good as fiio m11 , m15 or cayin n6ii, battery life also is not good compared but it sounds great with amp8, and the biggy for me if sitting back and just enjoying for a few years is i can change the battery with ease myself as I already did the 200...so maybe the best dap to relax and kickback too .....dethonray dtr1 is still in the mix too though.

After that I'm done for quite some time.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #22,416 of 36,129
The Eric Johnson show last night was good but some glaring issues marred the performance. Johnson's playing was superb but the bass was way over-driven. It was bleeding into Johnson's guitar, piano and vocals. I'm not one to criticize extra bass but this was poor. On some softer songs, it was spot on and the bass player Roscoe Beck was awesome, just too forward on most of the sets. Left the performance disappointed.

On a different note, the wife and I have been exploring some local trails and doing what she calls a "nature wash." I have been doing a nice 7 mile or so loop around the Waterway Canal that brings in water to the drinking water reservoir for my town. It's a little cold but due to the mild winter we're having, it's a great walk. I 've been doing some on my own and while the nature wash is great, I've been bringing my M2X and IT03. What's better than being outdoors and having some great tunes?
1583003818542.png

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #22,417 of 36,129
I'd like to post some not so simple questions to the car enthusiasts here. I have never owned a turbo engine before (and this is not by any means a monster engine-Honda 1.5L Turbo) and grappling with all the noise about how to care for them. I get the whole 'run the engine at low loads' when cold soaked until operating temperature is reached before really engaging the revs. But how about shut-down? How long is 'correct' to allow the turbo to cool before shutting off its cooling fluids? A minute? 3 min? It's mostly a winter thing as the NE here can get stupid cold. Summer is easier. I'm using synthetic oil so that should assist in getting the oil where it needs to be. Just looking for what you know and have done to make your engines last.

Sound system is sounding pretty nice right now that I've done some modest upgrades. I'd show pictures but everything is in stealth mode to prevent miscreants from pilfering my stuff. Never went with the custom bass enclosure but went more to the passive route and did an under seat config. Like the bass dial to adjust on some decent tracks. Makes it so much nicer for my long commute.

Off to some tasting at a local winery. Who knew the North Shore of Massachusetts had such good wines?
Cheers to all.

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #22,418 of 36,129

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #22,419 of 36,129
I'd like to post some not so simple questions to the car enthusiasts here. I have never owned a turbo engine before (and this is not by any means a monster engine-Honda 1.5L Turbo) and grappling with all the noise about how to care for them. I get the whole 'run the engine at low loads' when cold soaked until operating temperature is reached before really engaging the revs. But how about shut-down? How long is 'correct' to allow the turbo to cool before shutting off its cooling fluids? A minute? 3 min? It's mostly a winter thing as the NE here can get stupid cold. Summer is easier. I'm using synthetic oil so that should assist in getting the oil where it needs to be. Just looking for what you know and have done to make your engines last.

Sound system is sounding pretty nice right now that I've done some modest upgrades. I'd show pictures but everything is in stealth mode to prevent miscreants from pilfering my stuff. Never went with the custom bass enclosure but went more to the passive route and did an under seat config. Like the bass dial to adjust on some decent tracks. Makes it so much nicer for my long commute.

Off to some tasting at a local winery. Who knew the North Shore of Massachusetts had such good wines?
Cheers to all.
I wouldn't worry about it, perhaps if you just spent the last half hour cruising at 70+mph and then straight into a parking spot (unlikely) The last mile or so to my house is residential so < 30mph so everything cools down OK. I have one of the Ford EcoBoost engines 2014 1L turbo 125ps and it has 90,000 miles on it with no issues whatsoever.

One thing I do and I would recommend is regular 6000 mile or 6 month oil and filter changes to prevent oil sludge forming and blocking up oil ways.

Here's to many years happy motoring in your new Honda. :beerchug:

Mar 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #22,420 of 36,129
@SteveOliver Thanks for the suggestions. I, too, get off the hwy and have to go through a slow residential area so maybe that's good enough...I am meticulous in my oil/filer changes as my commute is seen as harsh. I actually change at 5k or 3 months...cheapish insurance to keep the oil good.
Thanks.

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #22,421 of 36,129
@SteveOliver Thanks for the suggestions. I, too, get off the hwy and have to go through a slow residential area so maybe that's good enough...I am meticulous in my oil/filer changes as my commute is seen as harsh. I actually change at 5k or 3 months...cheapish insurance to keep the oil good.
Thanks.
My oil changes are about every 4k miles. 2004 Subaru, lotta miles. But I don't feel like getting a new car yet and this one still works.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #22,422 of 36,129

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #22,424 of 36,129
My oil changes are about every 4k miles. 2004 Subaru, lotta miles. But I don't feel like getting a new car yet and this one still works.

:beerchug:
THX Midge, you just reminded me my 3rd free oil change/maintenance on my Outback is about due!

Both Circus and Headphones on are hilarious @groucho69

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #22,425 of 36,129
:beerchug:
THX Midge, you just reminded me my 3rd free oil change/maintenance on my Outback is about due!

Both Circus and Headphones on are hilarious @groucho69

Yup, I'm a hilarious kinda guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• SCYJ
Back