The Audio Lounge
Apr 29, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #23,896 of 36,225
Well, I said screw it and ordered a cable from Hart Audio that will fit my M1060/M1060C/TH-X00 and a some of the longer 1ft interconnects. All together the order was $92, which seems crazy cheap to me. Lead time is 3 weeks so I guess I'll find out how good they are in June sometime.

Hart.jpg

Apr 29, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #23,897 of 36,225
Well, I said screw it and ordered a cable from Hart Audio that will fit my M1060/M1060C/TH-X00 and a some of the longer 1ft interconnects. All together the order was $92, which seems crazy cheap to me. Lead time is 3 weeks so I guess I'll find out how good they are in June sometime.

Hart.jpg
I would definitely classify that as cheap for what you're getting There are plenty of others that would probably list that base cable at double the price. Price of the adapters seems pretty on point.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #23,898 of 36,225

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #23,899 of 36,225
yes aubrey logan off

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #23,900 of 36,225
Ok, getting the Hyla Sardas after missing my TE5B's almost immediately upon selling them is the equivalent of being single for a while and the ex calls you up, apologizes to you, tells you she was wrong, and that she wants you back. Then she shows up and looks 3 times better than she used to. It's that kind of feeling, lol. The Sarda is exactly what the TE5B is, only it's better at it. The monster low end power is still there, but it's cleaner. The mids now have a richness to them slightly reminiscent of the JH Lolas. Well ok, one thing is still the same and that is the crisp highs I loved already. I've got a bit over an hour and a half in ear time and I honestly forgot I was auditioning new gear after the 4th or 5th song. I just got lost. I may still get an EE iem, but I'm not making the mistake of selling these to do so.
@OldDude04 I just pulled out my forgotten Orivetti OH500s. I've been so preoccupied with other things. You should give these a listen. Nice extended treble and bass, with warm liquid mids. The slam is very satisfying from the bass even on rim shots on the drums, aka like on Shelby Lynne's "Just a little Lovin'". Also the bass is so nicely detailed and articulate.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #23,902 of 36,225
I've been thinking of trying out Hart Audio Cables, because they have an awesome setup. You buy one cable and it has a bunch of interchangeable interconnects like in the pic below.

q0SUUjRStreY6ho6JqEwEULBfbmpPHcFwSTTr7mUaVQk_8zbbowwGWrtBbwIfdP912wTLyTXo036EiZy3aICXR5ATiuOqf...jpg
They are super affordable too. Never heard of them until you mentioned them. I'm going to have to give them a try. I'm going to need a cable for my Ananda that's coming.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #23,903 of 36,225
Yeah they look good mate, to be honest though I'm no cable junkie, I could easily make one tomorrow like what I did for kev and honestly it was a nice quality cable, kev showed it to effect audio at canjam and they liked it! ...but honestly with the andro the stock are for me better in ways, there more comfortable being thinner and I don't know if it again is due to andro sensitivity but i like the audio better with its own thinner cable ..kev uses it on the Vega though.

They do look good though mate and great price.
Yep, still on the Vega geeza and rocking nicely.
I think I have two what I would call hi end cables, that’s the ALO SXC-8 and the one you made for me. Two very chunky cables, the SXC-8 the thicker of the two. Can’t remember what I paid for the SXC-8 as I got a fair deal from Ken Ball himself at Canjam when the Campfire team were there. Both sound alike to me and yep, the Effect Audio guy liked your cable, I think I could have put it on his table and no one would have thought it wasn’t an Effect cable.
Thing with cables is it’s nice to have a nice cable but to spend as much on a cable as a hi end dap or iems is bonkers. The difference is minimal and could possibly be eq’d to similar sq.
having said that I will be upgrading my rear shock on my Fireblade from stock to Ohlins or equivalent. Price for the shock is about £750.00 and I’d have to be riding chin on the tank flat out on a track to appreciate the gains it would give. But if I’m not on a track the difference again, is minimal..........but very nice to have lol
Most of my cables are ALO/Campfire and even the stock Litz supplied with their iems is a stonking good cable which is why I don’t bother with any other cables now. All my iems have a dedicated cable, no swapping around, just music.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #23,904 of 36,225
Hey dudes, let’s leave cable money out of being bonkers cause I should be institutionalize then.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #23,905 of 36,225
They are super affordable too. Never heard of them until you mentioned them. I'm going to have to give them a try. I'm going to need a cable for my Ananda that's coming.

I ordered a setup, if you want to wait until I get that in in a few weeks I'll let you know if they are a worthwhile purchase. If they are, I'll buy a couple more of the base cables so each headphone can have it's own. I might even go with a custom color on those.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #23,906 of 36,225
I ordered a setup, if you want to wait until I get that in in a few weeks I'll let you know if they are a worthwhile purchase. If they are, I'll buy a couple more of the base cables so each headphone can have it's own. I might even go with a custom color on those.
Sounds good dude. I don't know if I can wait that long... :ksc75smile: the cables that come with Hifiman kit are super crappy. Not as bad as ZMF but close.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #23,907 of 36,225
Hey dudes, let’s leave cable money out of being bonkers cause I should be institutionalize then.
It's all relative dude. If you make enough who cares. I look at it this way.... If you can feed your family and pets, send them to school and take care of their needs, after spending the money, no skin off my nose.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #23,908 of 36,225
Sounds good dude. I don't know if I can wait that long... :ksc75smile: the cables that come with Hifiman kit are super crappy. Not as bad as ZMF but close.

You will get no argument from me, I hated the stock HE560 SMC cable, lol.

Apr 29, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #23,909 of 36,225

Apr 29, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #23,910 of 36,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back