The Basshead Club
Feb 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #9,331 of 11,286

I'm reluctant to try this, due to how comfortable the standard pads are.

How do these compare?

The standard velours, and DT990 pleathers are comfortable, but they do not hold a candle to the Alphas! IMO worth every penny!

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #9,332 of 11,286
  I must say I really like the DT770/80 Ohm, but I'm sending them back to try out HD8 DJ and maybe Shure 1540. If I won't like any of them, I'll probably end up with the Beyers. And then... who knows... the Alpha Pads seem to be very interesting.

if you end up getting the 1540s id be very interested to hear your impressions. ive been eyeing those for a while. i hope to find them for a good 2nd hand price in 6 months or so. though im still not entirely over my craving for the d5000...
  The standard velours, and DT990 pleathers are comfortable, but they do not hold a candle to the Alphas! IMO worth every penny!

im glad to hear that, cause i just ordered a pair for my d2ks =]

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #9,333 of 11,286
Hey everyone, new guy here, been creeping the site for a while finally signed up, not to just jump in the middle and interrupt, but can anyone throw some recommendations my way for over ears? Price range of $100-$150, and I listen predominantly to Hip Hop and Metal. Prefer strong bass but not if its going to sacrifice clarity in other areas. Thanks in advanced for any ideas given. ((d[0_0]b))

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #9,334 of 11,286
Hey everyone, new guy here, been creeping the site for a while finally signed up, not to just jump in the middle and interrupt, but can anyone throw some recommendations my way for over ears? Price range of $100-$150, and I listen predominantly to Hip Hop and Metal. Prefer strong bass but not if its going to sacrifice clarity in other areas. Thanks in advanced for any ideas given. ((d[0_0]b))

For that budget you're in M - Audio Q40 territory. Great bass as well as balanced sound.

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #9,338 of 11,286
Also are there any good starter portable amps for around $50? I found the Q 40 for $98 so that leavea room for an amp around that price range, assuming there are any worth my time at that price.

FiiO E-11 is a good little amp for that price range. Ran it for over a year and enjoyed it.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #9,339 of 11,286
FiiO E-11 is a good little amp for that price range. Ran it for over a year and enjoyed it.

Thank you 'gents (or ladies if applicable lol) by the way if either of you happen to be into Hip Hop, and obviously you're fond of bass given your presence in this thread/forum, I would definitely recommend giving the song "For Real" by Rittz a listen, the first time I heard that song in a car with a sound system I jumped when the bass hit lol, definitely my favorite bass heavy track of late.

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #9,342 of 11,286

Thank you 'gents (or ladies if applicable lol) by the way if either of you happen to be into Hip Hop, and obviously you're fond of bass given your presence in this thread/forum, I would definitely recommend giving the song "For Real" by Rittz a listen, the first time I heard that song in a car with a sound system I jumped when the bass hit lol, definitely my favorite bass heavy track of late.

Another Strange listener in the house? It goes up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back