The best bass headphones IMO - dt770 vs Vmoda vs hd 280 pro vs mdr-v6 vs beats
Nov 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gnarkill283

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to share my opinion about these 5 headphones - all around 75-150 bucks except for the beats. I personally own or tried out all of them and I have to say by far the best bass headphones out of all of them are the Vmoda crossfade lps. The bass is crisp and undistorted unlike what I get when I turn up the bass eq on all the others - even the dt770. I just got my dt770 and I don't know if there is a burn in time but so far they don't have as much bass as the lmodas. I'm also listening to these headphones through a fiio e7. Not only are the Vmodas better in bass but they leak the lowest amount of sound (even compared to dt770 and hd 280 pro which people on here say have the least) and I believe are the most stylish out of all the headphones. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM with Vmodas is that they hurt your ears like hell - when I first bought them I was so pissed at how little the cups are on this thing, but after a half a year of stretching they are getting more comfortable. Right now these headphones are only 75 bucks on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353955395&sr=8-7&keywords=v-moda - I don't think you can find a better bang for buck pair of headphones especially if you have small ears. 

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 10
You cannot compare the Vmoda to a super comfortable, detailed bass headphones like DT770 Pro 80ohms, Ive been using it with Fiio E10 and the bass you will get out of these will blow you away, its like large 18" subwoofers attached to your ears..And the comfort is like you can continuously wear it for 10 straight hours and you will feel nothing... I've auditioned both these and went for DT770 as the sound stage is much much better.. Why do you think there are "darth beyers" custom dt 770s instead of other headphones in that category?

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
You cannot compare the Vmoda to a super comfortable, detailed bass headphones like DT770 Pro 80ohms, Ive been using it with Fiio E10 and the bass you will get out of these will blow you away, its like large 18" subwoofers attached to your ears..And the comfort is like you can continuously wear it for 10 straight hours and you will feel nothing... I've auditioned both these and went for DT770 as the sound stage is much much better.. Why do you think there are "darth beyers" custom dt 770s instead of other headphones in that category?

I don't know but my dt770, although they have good tight bass, they don't shake with bass like the v-modas and when I turn the bass up on any song the dt770 distort fairly quickly. I do agree they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #7 of 10
Funny thread 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 10
Hd280 Pro... Worst headphone i have owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back