The best basshead 'phones?
Jun 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sloomingbla

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, im in search for the ultimate basshead pair of headphones, and my budget is around 1300$.

Quality is more important than quantity, but i would like as much quantity as possible without losing anything.

Right now i have the Ultrasone hfi 580's (yeah i know its a huge leap, but i decided i wont be satisfied untill i get some of the best... lol) and i absolutely love the bass on these, as well as the sparkling highs, so i guess it would help to know that i really like the ultrasone sound signature.

Right now i have found the d7000, signature dj, and lcd-2.

I am leaning on the sig dj because it sounds like a balance between the two in terms of quality and quantity, but i just cant justify ordering these without knowing what else is out there.

i guess the 1st most important thing to me is that they have about as much emphasis on bass as my 580's do, and the 2nd most important thing to me would be the soundstage/imaging.

So, what do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Hmm. well i looked it up and although it looks like an amazing pair of headphones i dont think they would have enough bass to suit me, as some even describe it as lacking in bass.

I'm not too fond of eq'ing either as that usually detriments the overall SQ, and since i would have to heavily eq it to get enough i just dont think its gonna be the right headphone for me. And one other thing i forgot to mention, is that i primarily listen to EDM and trance.

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh man.... if only i could find a pair of bass heavy r10's.

anyways, the Fostex th900 looks pretty good, now i just wish someone could post a comparison to a signature dj :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back