The best earbuds on the market?
Mar 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dreamycreamy

New Head-Fier
So i'm listening with my Sennheiser MX980s right now but was wondering of buying some new earbuds as these are slightly too big and keep slipping off my ear, plus the foam pads keep popping off and therefore i'm losing them which is kind of annoying.

I'm in the UK and the Sennheiser website is no longer selling the MX980s or MX880s and i've never seen the MX985s for sale either.

I just really want another pair of earbuds in the same style. Is there any on the market now (or soon) that have a great sound like my current MX980s?

Just thinking, how old are the MX980s now, surely someone would have caught up to or maybe even beat the sound quality of these, or maybe because this style is kind of dying as most people prefer cans or IEMs no-one is focusing on this anymore?

So, in conclusion, in your opinion what is the best earbuds on the market right now?

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 4
FWIR, alternatives to the MX980/MX985 would be the Blox TM7 (havent heard them though). the sennheisers are probably the best earbuds right now on the market imo, love my pair like hell!

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 4
I just sold my MX980s on Head-Fi.  I upgraded from the Yuin PK1s because as much as I loved the sound quality, I hated the build quality.  However, I missed the Yuins and after a head to head comparison, the MX980s were expendable.

I suggest that if you just took everyone's word that the MX980s are better and never went the Yuin PK1 route, you should consider it again.  Different strokes for different folks.  I find that the Yuins have always been my favorite earbuds and many portable players can power them adequately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back