The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #856 of 1,323
  The DT1350 is now my oldest set by quite a margin... still love them. Was my first Beyerdynamic headphone btw. Now my room looks more like a Beyer branch office :wink:

Whoa, I knew you had some Beyer phones, but that is an impressive list!!!

BTW, I noticed in your profile that you say you listen to almost exclusively EDM. I've taken a strong liking to EDM over the past few years, but I still don't really know that much about specific artists and tracks. I've been finding playlists on youtube that I enjoy, but I'm always interested in getting other people takes on their favorites. Can you fire off a few artists/DJs that you like best? 

The one DJ I have really gravitated to is DeadMau5. I have pretty much everything he's put out. I also really enjoy ATB. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #857 of 1,323

BTW, I noticed in your profile that you say you listen to almost exclusively EDM. I've taken a strong liking to EDM over the past few years, but I still don't really know that much about specific artists and tracks. I've been finding playlists on youtube that I enjoy, but I'm always interested in getting other people takes on their favorites. Can you fire off a few artists/DJs that you like best? 

The one DJ I have really gravitated to is DeadMau5. I have pretty much everything he's put out. I also really enjoy ATB. 

DeadMau5 is a bit too heavy hitting for me, but I've really been getting into trance, and have been enjoying stuff from these guys (just to name a few):

https://soundcloud.com/john00fleming
https://soundcloud.com/maxgraham
https://soundcloud.com/cid-inc
https://soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo
https://soundcloud.com/leectum
https://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #858 of 1,323
Just got a pair of DT 1350s secondhand. My HD 25s, after years of admirably enduring severe abuse, were ripe to retire from active duty. At the same time was looking for something a little different, so was elated to find out about the 1350s. So far they are really living up to the praise- as much as I miss the treble of the HD 25s, I'm finding the 1350s a lot less fatiguing. They seem just as solidly built, similar comfortability (though people really weren't kidding talking about the danger they pose to hair follicles), and hopefully will last as long.

Bit curious if there are many other people that find themselves preferring the direct sounds of these sorts of cartilege crushing on-ears to more capacious over-ears, contrary to received wisdom? I've tried a few over-ears over the years and just can't cop to them for whatever reason (claustrophobia?) Any suggestions for other pairs like the HD 25/1350s I should try? Seems like the VMODA XS is the next one to try.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #859 of 1,323
  Just got a pair of DT 1350s secondhand. My HD 25s, after years of admirably enduring severe abuse, were ripe to retire from active duty. At the same time was looking for something a little different, so was elated to find out about the 1350s. So far they are really living up to the praise- as much as I miss the treble of the HD 25s, I'm finding the 1350s a lot less fatiguing. They seem just as solidly built, similar comfortability (though people really weren't kidding talking about the danger they pose to hair follicles), and hopefully will last as long.

Bit curious if there are many other people that find themselves preferring the direct sounds of these sorts of cartilege crushing on-ears to more capacious over-ears, contrary to received wisdom? I've tried a few over-ears over the years and just can't cop to them for whatever reason (claustrophobia?) Any suggestions for other pairs like the HD 25/1350s I should try? Seems like the VMODA XS is the next one to try.

For some reason I have the same preference re: on ears vs over ears. I'm a big Grado fan, and many prefer the G-cush over the ear pads to the L cush on-ears, but I'm one of the weirdos who prefers the latter. That's interesting you speculate about claustrophobia..I've never even thought about that. 

And btw, great choice on the 1350s :)  At risk of sounding like a broken record...they are F'in awesome headphones. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #860 of 1,323

Thanks -- and yes, I've accumulated some headphones over the last two years...

Currently I take a special interest in the Berlin electronics scene. There's a very nice compilation series under the name 'about:berlin' which recently released vol. 9, shining a spotlight through the lots and lots of good acts there. Fritz Kalkbrenner is one rather well known act, Felix Jaehn has some interesting things as does Oliver Koletzki.

Besides that I like some titles by Groove Armada, Lützenkirchen, Kyrill & Redford. I've seen nice compilations done by Henri Kohn and Steve Josh.

Other compilation series of interest: Berlin Minimal Underground, Berlin Berlin - Underground Collection, Made in Berlin, Sound Of Berlin - Deep Edition, Zirkus Zirkus

Electronics / EDM has become such a wide field of styles... its really fun to explore. Suggestions are always welcome... but maybe we take that to another thread?

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #862 of 1,323

Thanks -- and yes, I've accumulated some headphones over the last two years...

Currently I take a special interest in the Berlin electronics scene. There's a very nice compilation series under the name 'about:berlin' which recently released vol. 9, shining a spotlight through the lots and lots of good acts there. Fritz Kalkbrenner is one rather well known act, Felix Jaehn has some interesting things as does Oliver Koletzki.

Besides that I like some titles by Groove Armada, Lützenkirchen, Kyrill & Redford. I've seen nice compilations done by Henri Kohn and Steve Josh.

Other compilation series of interest: Berlin Minimal Underground, Berlin Berlin - Underground Collection, Made in Berlin, Sound Of Berlin - Deep Edition, Zirkus Zirkus

Electronics / EDM has become such a wide field of styles... its really fun to explore. Suggestions are always welcome... but maybe we take that to another thread?

Thanks plakat. I'm starting with about:berlin vol 9. Found it on spotify, and I'm really enjoying the tunes. Awesome stuff.

Oh, and I vote to change the name of this thread to "The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 and EDM Fan Club" 
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #864 of 1,323
This appears to be too good of a deal to trust

http://www.uofuonelove.com/hoodies2015salev1d9r6m86.php/beyerdynamic-dt1350-80-ohm-with-fiio-e11-professional-headphone-bundle-p-14005.html

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #865 of 1,323
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #866 of 1,323
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #867 of 1,323

What the...

I'm not finding anything negative so far about uofuonelove.com so far...

Edit: Please someone, help us out here lol!

Btw, this is the "Home" page address. Seems strange...

http://www.uofuonelove.com/hoodies2015salev1d9r6m86.php

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #868 of 1,323

Currently I take a special interest in the Berlin electronics scene......

Do any of your Berlin compilations cover Chain Reaction? I really love most of the stuff I've heard from that label,  Basic Channel/Rhythm & Sound, Vainqueur, Vladislav Delay, Shinichi Atobe, Fluxion etc... some of my favorite electronic music (and sounds great on the 1350s)

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #869 of 1,323
Bass response of the DT1350 is very much dependent on the seal. To me splitting the headband increases the clamping force and may provide a better seal that way, but I can't wear it for long that way... so I keep the headband close and experimented with the position. Works for me.

I agree that the main key in better seal is the right position. The tighter clamping force is just a bonus for deeper bass but yeah, correct position is definitely more important than tighter clamp. :)

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #870 of 1,323
I just saw something describing the 1350's treble as "too strident"... has anyone else thought this? Maybe I've been stuck in the V for too long or am underpowered, but the 1350s seem fairly flat to me (unless it's from the music like peaky lo-fi black metal from a cassette or something, which seems to back up my flatness impression) :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back