The discovery thread!
Nov 22, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #34,337 of 105,249
This cable arrived today: 4.4mm for Sony

IMG_20171123_092518.jpg

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #34,338 of 105,249
Out of the box, IEMs, as we know them, are in trouble! I'm talking about multi-BAs, hybrids, full dynamics, etc. And I believe in burn-in, but out of the box...just wow!!! For some, there may be some slight eq adjustment needed between 1k and 4k (I haven't heard anything perfect though), but these are some of the best IEMs I've ever put in my ears (regardless of price). The airiness and soundstage will blow you away. Add to that the visceral bass, extreme clarity, depth of sound and detail. I have more to say, of course, but I want to hold out because it has competition coming tomorrow. But these are heavyweight champions out of the box. Audeze didn't send me a pair or ask me to write a review. I bought these out of curiousity (although I did find them at a bargain price). It most definitely punches above it's $600 retail price. I am using the smaller ear clips (that nestle inside earlobe rather than using the ear hooks), and the IEMs are quite comfortable despite the size of the outer shells. But that might the only problem for some of you. The stem is long to go deep into your ear canal (you need the right tips for a good fit to hold the steady and get the best bass response), but it still may be hard for some to wear. But trust me when I say they are more comfortable than they first appeared to me. I've been listening for about an hour and a half with no ear fatigue. More to come, plus it's competition tomorrow. Happy listening.

Been very curious about them (in fact, had them in my cart and took them out earlier tonight, on sale for Black Friday at the Audeze site). Heard them at CanJam NY earlier in the year, and was impressed with the sound, but listening in a rushed, noisy, crowded show is not the most reliable way to evaluate open earphones (these are the iSine20, I assume). They now seem to be sold out at the site, oh well, very interested in your impressions.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #34,339 of 105,249
Out of the box, IEMs, as we know them, are in trouble! I'm talking about multi-BAs, hybrids, full dynamics, etc. And I believe in burn-in, but out of the box...just wow!!! For some, there may be some slight eq adjustment needed between 1k and 4k (I haven't heard anything perfect though), but these are some of the best IEMs I've ever put in my ears (regardless of price). The airiness and soundstage will blow you away. Add to that the visceral bass, extreme clarity, depth of sound and detail. I have more to say, of course, but I want to hold out because it has competition coming tomorrow. But these are heavyweight champions out of the box. Audeze didn't send me a pair or ask me to write a review. I bought these out of curiousity (although I did find them at a bargain price). It most definitely punches above it's $600 retail price. I am using the smaller ear clips (that nestle inside earlobe rather than using the ear hooks), and the IEMs are quite comfortable despite the size of the outer shells. But that might the only problem for some of you. The stem is long to go deep into your ear canal (you need the right tips for a good fit to hold the steady and get the best bass response), but it still may be hard for some to wear. But trust me when I say they are more comfortable than they first appeared to me. I've been listening for about an hour and a half with no ear fatigue. More to come, plus it's competition tomorrow. Happy listening.

Been very curious about them (in fact, had them in my cart and took them out earlier tonight, on sale for Black Friday at the Audeze site). Heard them at CanJam NY earlier in the year, and was impressed with the sound, but listening in a rushed, noisy, crowded show is not the most reliable way to evaluate open earphones (these are the iSine20, I assume). They now seem to be sold out at the site, oh well, very interested in your impressions.

Yes sir, it is the iSine20. They are wonderful (but stay tuned, posting something else in a few minutes). I'm curious, how much were they selling them for on the website (they are sold out now). I think they're worth the retail price, so anything significantly lower would have been a great deal!

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #34,340 of 105,249
I forget, but they didn't last long, probably didn't have that many offered

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #34,341 of 105,249
ME.1-3.jpg
ME.1-2.jpg
ME.1-1.jpg
Well, I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison yet, but here is another awesome planar. The iSine20 and the ME.1 do not sound the same, but both have great air and 3-D out-of-this-world soundstage that makes them of the best IEMs I'ver ever heard. I would have to say at this point that the ME.1 is a more balanced sound. It doesn't need eq-ing like the Audeze does. These are my first Unique Melody and Audeze products. I'm blown away by both. Between the two, I can say that the ME.1 is far easier to wear and fits more like a regular IEM. The Unique Melody will remind some of a better Sony that many audiophiles loved - The MDR EX-1000 - with a much better soundstage, better clarity, better detail, but without that awful harsh treble. These planars are quite stunning. More to come after burn-in.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #34,342 of 105,249
I tried the Audeze 10 and 20 at a meet recently. Wasn't impressed, at least not for the price(could have been a tips issue...hard to tip roll with those dumb big nozzles). Felt the same way about the Earsonics Velvet.

^^^Do you currently have the EX1000?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #34,343 of 105,249
Well, I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison yet, but here is another awesome planar. The iSine20 and the ME.1 do not sound the same, but both have great air and 3-D out-of-this-world soundstage that makes them of the best IEMs I'ver ever heard. I would have to say at this point that the ME.1 is a more balanced sound. It doesn't need eq-ing like the Audeze does. These are my first Unique Melody and Audeze products. I'm blown away by both. Between the two, I can say that the ME.1 is far easier to wear and fits more like a regular IEM. The Unique Melody will remind some of a better Sony that many audiophiles loved - The MDR EX-1000 - with a much better soundstage, better clarity, better detail, but without that awful harsh treble. These planars are quite stunning. More to come after burn-in.
wow, you have really some nice collection ,

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #34,347 of 105,249
Used up the last of my Visions gift card I had and bought a pair of Audiofly Af140 for $98CAD.

It doesn't have a mic or removable cables but if it has as good a 3D sound as some reviews suggest it might fill a hole in my line up. Damn I miss my XBA-Z5 ...

If it doesn't, I think I am going to try the Nebula 2 after I sell a few things.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #34,348 of 105,249
The Opus #2 on Musicteck is appealing, but don't want to spend all that money, gotta resist, gotta resist...

Nov 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #34,349 of 105,249
I picked up these for $175 and couldn't be more happy:
20171123_131036.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back