The discovery thread!
Dec 23, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #40,876 of 104,162
The mid bass dump is very source dependent. The Dmg sound very refined from my phone. But a total mess from my computer jack. In a good march the mid bass still there(i don't like mid bass either), but it flows ok and don't compromise the sound at all.

Yeah, starting to like the DMG more and more now i've found good match. Just been listening to them alone past 2-3 days to let the brain burn them in better. I have the BQEYZ BQ3 coming tomorrow (fingers crossed as they've been in UK since Wed and passed customs). Interested how this hybrid will compare sound wise? Then it's the SD7 PLUS in January. Off work for three weeks so like to spoil myself.

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #40,881 of 104,162
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #40,882 of 104,162
Ya for certain. Speaking of. So I am getting a better handle of the tuning on the IT01S. It is a much more mature tuning this time. A new view to your music. Is a great description of the sonic capabilities of the IT01S.

Transparency and detail is done extremely well on the IT01S. Some of the best definition I have heard on a single dynamic earphone. Treble clarity extension and definition is outstanding. Mid range has not only more presence/ proper from the previous IT01 but has distinct black space. Instrument separation is exemplary as a result. It is a different animal all together from the older IT01. They have tweaked the design to a new level and the SQ has jumped to a nice respectable level. I think guys that think just because they are $200 they wont be able to compete with some of the nicer single dynamics in the industry will be in for a real surprise.

Bass while is not as emphasized to the degree of the IT01. Has really great speed extension and rumble when called for. Audiophile bass with transparency as a calling card all thrown out of a nice wide stage for the sound. IT01s is something you would have never guessed could have been a possibility for the price earlier this year. No way. Ibasso could have called these something comepletely new and it would have nothing to do with the IT01 line and people would go crazy over them. They could have sold these for $500 and I still think people would have gone crazy over them.

I was expecting a minor tweek in performance from the older IT01 to the S version but what we got is completely new all together. The only similarities is the shell design. Otherwise the driver in the IT01s is a substantial upgrade and it shows in the sonics.
10203056.jpg

The cable is definitely premium. I would put this cable they threw on the IT01s on equal ground to CA Alo litz cables. Even better this design should be the industry standard imo. Each individul cable separating the left and the right are made of thin little SPC cores. The core count is actually nice n high. Iove the single ended dongle to the balanced jack. No need to shop around for a good matching cable. I am gonna try the IT01s with a pure silver cable to find out how good I can get the sonics however.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #40,884 of 104,162
When looking at IT01S graph, I can't see anything really new from old IT01, less bass and more treble but peaks and valleys in the mid and upper region are at the same place and the bass is now rolled off in sub-bass, peaking in mid-bass which doesn't seem too good to me. I have no doubt that the resolution has improved thanks to the use of CNT and DLC in the drivers and that they they will be significantly superior to the IMHO overrated IT01. As for being a game changer at that price point, well there is already the Kanas Pro that offers incredible performance for a similar amount of money. It remains to be seen whether the IT01S tops them or not. Not sure if I want to grab a pair of those now that I have the Kanas Pro.

Dec 24, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #40,885 of 104,162
Not proven yet by any stretch as one impression does not make fact but they said..."no comparison, they[Kanas Pro] can't match the IT01s at all".
Nice if true but seems a bit much so we need about a half dozen more KP vs. IT01s comparisons to start a trend with any reliability.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #40,886 of 104,162
Ya to be honest I have no idea where the new IT01s ranks among the new power dynamic earphones that seems to be coming out now a days but I do know it has a definition level that is unheard of for the price. Sub bass isnt too rolled off by my estimation but that is from listening to them. Mids are more pronounced due to the less bass emphasis but now sounds proportional much better balanced overall clean and super detailed.

I think it is a good thing that there is a movement forward with the good old dyanmic tech in earphones. It has been BAs and or hybrids and more hybrids as of late so getting more advancements in dyanmics is actually kinda refereshing.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #40,887 of 104,162
Got two Lucky bags today! One from NiceHCK (the P3) and another from they who shall not be named.

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #40,889 of 104,162

Users who are viewing this thread

Back