The discovery thread!
Dec 5, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #90,586 of 103,298
Glossing over this thread, and it really looks just like marketing. Anyone here actually PURCHASE these sets? Seems weird to get all 3 of their new products at once, it’s only power users talking about their bespoke cables…

These sets look interesting but the whole thing looks odd.
I'm sure I read somewhere that demo units of those three Orivetis were sent out for review. The ones who gave impressions on the OD200 are likely early adopters like me since there was a 10% off code.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #90,587 of 103,298
I'm sure I read somewhere that demo units of those three Orivetis were sent out for review. The ones who gave impressions on the OD200 are likely early adopters like me since there was a 10% off code.
Seems like something more people need to mention when discussing their review items :)

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #90,588 of 103,298
@kaeswiss, did you have both the EA1000 and the OD200?
If so, I'm curious how they compare.
I am just getting to test EA1000 and really, really like what I'm hearing!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #90,589 of 103,298
@kaeswiss, did you have both the EA1000 and the OD200?
If so, I'm curious how they compare.
I am just getting to test EA1000 and really, really like what I'm hearing!
Just the OD200. I keep seeing nothing but good things about the EA1000, but I'm going to hold off on getting another single DD since I got 4 recently. That's 2 more than what I wanted to get during the 11.11/BFCM sales.

Simgot seems to be putting out nothing but good stuff lately. Their new cable is quite the looker too.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #90,590 of 103,298
YOU KNOW

that you have spent way too much on IEMs and cables
when your best ChiFi vendor sends you a very nice leather wallet for a Christmas present in your latest order.
Thanks

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #90,591 of 103,298
Hello lads so I've received my Black Friday Haul, Hiby R6 Gen III DAP. And my current IEM is Kinera Imperial Urd, I love Urd's overall sound signature. Good Bass, lush mids and dark-ish treble, I'm quite treble sensitive and try to avoid fatiguing sets. However I find the Urd boring at times due to missing details and lack of treble extension, I really enjoyed the the treble of the BQEYZ Spring 2 for example.

I'm thinking about replacing my URD with the Penon 10th anniversary edition, as going by reviews it has more forward vocals and better treble extension, while still keeping the warm bassy profile of the URD. So should I get the Penon 10th anniversary, will it be a worthy upgrade or get a BQEYZ Wind instead along with my URD? Opinions will be really appreciated, cheers!
I'd say keep the URD if you like it and find a set to accompany it. You'd still find yourself lusting after the URD too.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #90,592 of 103,298
YOU KNOW

when your best ChiFi vendor sends you a very nice leather wallet for a Christmas present in your latest order.
Thanks
LOL I got it too. Very kind of Penon. :smile:

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #90,593 of 103,298
YOU KNOW

Thanks

LOL I got it too. Very kind of Penon. :smile:
I'd like to see how this Penon wallet looks like!

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #90,594 of 103,298
Got the EPZ 530 off Aliexpress at a discounted price.

EPZ 1.jpeg

This is a 5 BA setup - dual Sonion 38AM007 handles the bass, 1 x Sonion 2389 takes care of the midrange and the treble is settled by a Shengyang ED05 BA + E50DT BA.

The shells are fashioned from wood and come in an exotic Mamba green or lava orange hue.

Ergonomics are excellent, one of the best fitting IEMs, and isolation can hit near 30 dB passive isolation as it is not vented.

Easily driven, amplification is not 100% neeeded.

EPZ 2.jpeg

The stock cable is a 16 core gold-silver pallidum alloy, with 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4.4 mm terminals are provided. Comes in a nice wooden box.

Tonally, the EP530 sports a V-shaped sound. This set is superbly technical, with a holographic soundstage and excellent micro-details, you can pick small nuances in the music. Imaging is pinpoint and instrument separation is very spacious. It is probably one of the most resolving midFI IEMs.

EPZ 530.jpg

Surprisingly there is not too bad BA timbre, with just a bit of BA bass (not as much decay as traditional DD bass), but it extends deeply in the sub-bass.

It lies a bit on the bright side, so perhaps treble sensitive folk might need to adjust this area with source pairing and eartips, or consider alternative options. The 530 has a similar graph to the crowd-favourite Kinera Celest Phoenix Call, except the EP530 is in a way more superior league for technicalities.

EPZ 530 versus Phoenix Call.jpg

This set is definitely one for technical junkies.

Will do some more testing and report back, but I think it can give sets like the Moondrop Variations and co a run for their money.
My goodness are those things absolutely stunning to look at.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #90,595 of 103,298
YOU KNOW

Thanks
I also receive small gifts from sellers I frequently buy from; it's very common thing here in Asia. I hope they put some money in there too, for good luck.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #90,596 of 103,298
I'd like to see how this Penon wallet looks like!
Penon Wallet 03.jpg

Penon Wallet 01.jpg

Penon Wallet 02.jpg

Penon Holiday Card.jpg

Penon Holiday Card 01.jpg

Penon Holiday Card 02.jpg

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #90,597 of 103,298
Glossing over this thread, and it really looks just like marketing. Anyone here actually PURCHASE these sets? Seems weird to get all 3 of their new products at once, it’s only power users talking about their bespoke cables…

These sets look interesting but the whole thing looks odd.
Lol first time I've been called a power user... I bought the OD200 blind enjoyed it so much I reviewed it I received an email asking if I wanted to try a review sample of the OH700VB so I said yes so I will be reviewing it. The bespoke cable was bought for my IMR Titan but wasn't a good fit so I tried it with the OH700VB and it has good synergy. I may well purchase a set when funds allow as I really love them.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #90,598 of 103,298
Got a BGVP P05 yesterday, loving them with silver front and back. :)

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #90,599 of 103,298
Lol first time I've been called a power user... I bought the OD200 blind enjoyed it so much I reviewed it I received an email asking if I wanted to try a review sample of the OH700VB so I said yes so I will be reviewing it. The bespoke cable was bought for my IMR Titan but wasn't a good fit so I tried it with the OH700VB and it has good synergy. I may well purchase a set when funds allow as I really love them.
If you are reviewing and getting free items, you certainly qualify for the title lol. 🤣

It is a really nice looking set, but it just doesn’t look great for the company when this stuff isn’t disclosed, and you have people here pushing the recommendation anywhere they can.

Dec 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #90,600 of 103,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back