The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #96,376 of 102,298
Zen 3.0 sound very good on R8 II, no real complaints there. Maybe didn't come clear in my post above, it's the first DAP I have owned where it sounds full.
Even better!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #96,377 of 102,298
Yes

Copy and paste the link text to your browser address bar instead of clicking the link
Worst advice ever. Why should it change anything ?
BTW I tried, same result.

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #96,378 of 102,298
Er... It's not. The ali eex links usually aren't clickable. (For me). And someone else told me what Joe kindly suggested to you. when i copy link text and paste it on browser and click, the page opens. Just as it did now.

Ali ex don't deliver to my country, so apart from vicarious window shopping, it's useless for me!

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #96,379 of 102,298
The Letshuoer Cadenza 4 is a 3 BA + 1 DD hybrid, comprised of 2 Knowles BA and 1 Sonion BA, plus a 10 mm beryllium DD.

It has Letshuoer's classic Fisher Price resinish finish that is very comfortable and light.

Cadenza 4.jpeg

Comes well accessorized with a modular cable, hard round case and an array of eartips.

Cadenza 4 2.jpeg

This IEM will be eargasmic to measurebators on graphs, but on actual listening, it is also really superb tonally. Instead of the usual Harman sidegrade spam we see each week, the Cadenza 4 sports a warm neutral sub-bass boosted tonality, which is very smooth and pleasant.

Letshuoer Cadenza 4.jpg

Bass is tight and fast, with good texturing, focused at the sub-bass (ie no mid-bass bleed). The midrange is not depressed with good transparency and euphonia. This IEM is suitable for sibilant-fearing or pinna gain-sensitive folk.

Soundstage is above average with good imaging and layering. It isn't the most micro-detailed focused in view of not being overly steroid boosted in the treble, but resolution is still very presentable for a warmish tonality. Note edges are a tinge blunted to not cause fatigue.

I think this IEM is tuned refreshingly (in a good way) compared to the hackneyed sidegrade Harman fare. Perhaps only trebleheads will need to look elsewhere, but it's very promising from out-of-the-box impressions.

Will do some more testing and report back with A/B comparisons against other hybrids.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #96,380 of 102,298
Er... It's not. The ali eex links usually aren't clickable. (For me). And someone else told me what Joe kindly suggested to you. when i copy link text and paste it on browser and click, the page opens. Just as it did now.

Ali ex don't deliver to my country, so apart from vicarious window shopping, it's useless for me!
Tried and it does not change the result at all.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #96,381 of 102,298
The Letshuoer Cadenza 4 is a 3 BA + 1 DD hybrid, comprised of 2 Knowles BA and 1 Sonion BA, plus a 10 mm beryllium DD.

It has Letshuoer's classic Fisher Price resinish finish that is very comfortable and light.

Comes well accessorized with a modular cable, hard round case and an array of eartips.

This IEM will be eargasmic to measurebators on graphs, but on actual listening, it is also really superb tonally. Instead of the usual Harman sidegrade spam we see each week, the Cadenza 4 sports a warm neutral sub-bass boosted tonality, which is very smooth and pleasant.

Bass is tight and fast, with good texturing, focused at the sub-bass (ie no mid-bass bleed). The midrange is not depressed with good transparency and euphonia. This IEM is suitable for sibilant-fearing or pinna gain-sensitive folk.

Soundstage is above average with good imaging and layering. It isn't the most micro-detailed focused in view of not being overly steroid boosted in the treble, but resolution is still very presentable for a warmish tonality. Note edges are a tinge blunted to not cause fatigue.

I think this IEM is tuned refreshingly (in a good way) compared to the hackneyed sidegrade Harman fare. Perhaps only trebleheads will need to look elsewhere, but it's very promising from out-of-the-box impressions.

Will do some more testing and report back with A/B comparisons against other hybrids.

Graph has Mest DNA on them, promising, just maybe fail on the upper trebles extension. Nice trying though as you said, more TOTL tuning rather than harmanish.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #96,382 of 102,298
It just sounds weird.
It's the same as driving a car in the UK...nothing weirder...it's something to get used to.
When I make music, and if I place guitars on the left side, who says those guitars couldn't be on the right side too?

I was wondering, what the heck does it matter anyway what's left and right...it's just what we have to get used to...nothing else.

(I have no expertise in electronics or electricity or wiring, but polarity is something completely different than just swapping the side of the cables)

Cheers!

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #96,383 of 102,298
I suggested such, because I noticed that the link literally leads nowhere near the same place as the link text itself, and for me, clicking the link takes me back to the aliexpress homepage while copy pasting the link text gives me this:

1709294686943.png

If that's the "worst advice ever", I'll bow out and let you keep fumbling around, okay. Hopefully someone with the real answer (like using a VPN) would also be wise enough to keep his mouth shut.

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #96,384 of 102,298
but as expected not so great with heavy rock that require thick male vocals,
Huh...in the history of Rock...there are so many amazing singers with high-register vocals...

These generalizations of how someone experiences music are so individual.

Hmm...better not to mention Jimmy Somerville...ok, he is not a macho and rock musician...pop doesn't count :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #96,385 of 102,298
It's the same as driving a car in the UK...nothing weirder...it's something to get used to.
When I make music, and if I place guitars on the left side, who says those guitars couldn't be on the right side too?

I was wondering, what the heck does it matter anyway what's left and right...it's just what we have to get used to...nothing else.

(I have no expertise in electronics or electricity or wiring, but polarity is something completely different than just swapping the side of the cables)

Cheers!
He probably means plugging not the two sides swapped, but one side the wrong way up and ending up with out of phase sides.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #96,388 of 102,298
He probably means plugging not the two sides swapped
You don't have markings for polarities, just L or R...as far as I know.
You can't miss that....unless you have never seen IEMs before...
just like those youngsters that have never heard about cassette Player or Walkman.

Ok...perhaps you are right, and I am wrong (which would be even weirder) :)

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #96,390 of 102,298
We have to do something about it!!!!!
We will all boycott them until they start delivering to you...who is with me? :wink:
But I have to say this, though. It has saved me money and stopped impulse buying. So maybe the Chinese are helping me out for all the opium we dumped on em couple of centuries ago. (Just kidding, any Chinese reading this ... Last time I tried this with a Chinese it didn't go too well ..so picture emojis etc here... It was the British and Portugese who dumped, blame them*!)

* https://www.britannica.com/topic/opium-trade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back