The discovery thread!
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #54,541 of 103,243
Jan 29, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #54,543 of 103,243
Jan 29, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #54,544 of 103,243
$3.00 for an earbud?! Well...the VE is $5.00...so i guess it's doable.

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #54,547 of 103,243
I just got myself a new pair of Shanling ME100 for 35£ :) For me it has an intresting frequency graph, will see, or rather hear, how it will sound for real. I like it that in this hoby you can get really good deals on IEM's that were not hyped initially and now cost fraction of the initial price :)

Jan 29, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #54,548 of 103,243
First of all, for the first time, I had to have privilege of the ignore button. I really needed this and I'm really sorry to say that.

Going back to the subject, During the black friday, I came across with the headphones from a brand that I've never heard which I put the link below.

C1 Monitoring HIFI https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTmkc7

The comments looked promising and I actually liked the design so I decided to pull the trigger for it and it turned out to be great. Seriously great.

IMG_20210128_003620_089.jpg

Well, I'm not that experienced with the headphones because I mostly dealt with the IEMs for many years. However, I'm a really good critical listener and this guy gives me a great pleasure to listen to the songs.

First of all, it needs power. The more power you give the better performance you get. The build is really good and well above my expectations. The two way metal part on the top not that symmetrical to each other but I can ignore that. I should also mention that it didn't come with the retail package. It came in a black box which has an average quality and with a average cable. But I don't see any need to change the cable for now.

IMG_20210128_003622_334.jpg

My first notice is that the imaging and timbre is very very good considering the 50$ price I paid for it.

The bass is the fun part. I believe its wooden body contributes to that sweet timbre. I have this experience with the speakers but I felt it the best with one of the oldest iems I have which has also a wooden body Jvc Ha-Fx700. C1 hits punchy and sub bass extension is also very very good. It's quite controlled most of the cases. Great with the bass guitar.

I think it's slightly u shaped having the mids on the background but just a little. Not that thin though and in the right place for me. I like both male and female vocals.

When it comes to treble the extension is also good. I thought it'd s... at that part but no. Technicalities surprise me on that guy and I hear many details.

If you play with the equalizer, it's quite responsive too. Handles it very well. Having it closed back might make you think the scene is not that big. However, that's not true either. The scene is three dimensional. I see it locates the instruments on the horizontal level, vertical level with a quite good depth which is my favorite part of having the drummer on the back side hitting dum tissss. There's a small ventilation hole on the top side for each the driver and it surprised me with the soundstage. Of course don't expect anything like hd800 level. This guy's just 50 bucks and might be a really good choice.

Comfort is also very good. However, the air circulation is not good as you might expect. It starts tickling me in my ear after using it more than 40 mins. So, I take it as a warning to give a break.

Hoping that they don't have qc issues, I totally recommend. Seeing others in the feedback satisfied on AE doesn't surprise me now. And one more thing: if you don't like the sound you can change the drivers. Imho, it's even good money for the design.
Is it over ear?

Jan 29, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #54,549 of 103,243
My MT300 has landed! It should be here in a few days. Impressions soon after that.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #54,553 of 103,243
@RikudouGoku Still trying to decide whether to for the Sony XBA-N3 or not. The most I've ever spent on IEM'S/headphones is £100 so this would be my biggest purchase so far. How much of an upgrade are they to the iBasso IT00? As mentioned, the FiiO FH3 interest me also.
Well, the IT00 retired after I got the FH3. And I usually use the N3 over the FH3. So yes, I do think there is a big difference between the N3 vs IT00.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #54,554 of 103,243
Well, the IT00 retired after I got the FH3. And I usually use the N3 over the FH3. So yes, I do think there is a big difference between the N3 vs IT00.

Thanks.

There's around a £86 difference between the FH3 and N3, £118 vs £204. I reckon I'll definitely be getting one of these two, and from your review of the N3, it seems you see these at a pretty similar level? If the N3 is more similar to the IT00 though then I'm probably better off with those? I would imagine I would need to replace the stock cable though plus I would possibly need a DAC/Amp to drive them? I only use my S7 Edge (Exynos) as of now.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #54,555 of 103,243
Thanks.

There's around a £86 difference between the FH3 and N3, £118 vs £204. I reckon I'll definitely be getting one of these two, and from your review of the N3, it seems you see these at a pretty similar level? If the N3 is more similar to the IT00 though then I'm probably better off with those?
They are in the same league, but I do think the N3 is more refined and a few levels ahead in everything besides the bass which is tied depending on what genres you listen to.
The N3 is more similar to the IT00 than the FH3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back