The discovery thread!
Jun 22, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #63,526 of 103,243
Why do you think it is a improved version of the Timeless? It can be worse...
1655935640701.png

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #63,527 of 103,243
Here's a Dioko Taobao link I found on Google:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/wap/651474399823.htm

650 Yuan is around 100 USD.

That's f'ing insane!

Nothing is going to top the Dioko's tuning under 100, my Olina is sweating buckets right now.

The price cut from the Timeless is huge, I reckon it's a less capable driver though I could be wrong.

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #63,528 of 103,243
Here's a Dioko Taobao link I found on Google:

https://www.taobao.com/list/item/wap/651474399823.htm

650 Yuan is around 100 USD.

That's f'ing insane!

Nothing is going to top the Dioko's tuning under 100, my Olina is sweating buckets right now.

The price cut from the Timeless is huge, I reckon it's a less capable driver though I could be wrong.
Might be a similar driver as the TRN Kirin and Muse Power.

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #63,529 of 103,243
The new rose technics qt-x is a bit pricey ($399), but it’s tuned by a former fostex tuner. 1 DD and 6 BA. Could be interesting. I like the design.

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #63,531 of 103,243
I have seven already, I think I can refrain from buying eight sets. Opps hang on, AE sale is in 4 days. That count won't be valid for very long :L3000:
Gonna big a huge hit around here

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #63,533 of 103,243
They say it’s a completely new in-house driver design.
My prediction... when it comes out Head-fi will be alight with comments how it is dramatically better, complete garbage, an amazing value, worse iem ever, has amazing bass, lacks any bass, has smooth treble, treble is like an ice pick...

And for my next prediction, I predict that the sun will rise tomorrow morning for all locations except those in the extreme north where it does not yet set, and the extreme south where there is still 24 hrs of darkness.

:) :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #63,534 of 103,243
My prediction... when it comes out Head-fi will be alight with comments how it is dramatically better, complete garbage, an amazing value, worse iem ever, has amazing bass, lacks any bass, has smooth treble, treble is like an ice pick...

And for my next prediction, I predict that the sun will rise tomorrow morning for all locations except those in the extreme north where it does not yet set, and the extreme south where there is still 24 hrs of darkness.

You forgot the complaints that they have completely abandoned the fantastic tuning of the Timeless.

Alongside complaints that it is too similar and offers nothing new! :triportsad:

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #63,536 of 103,243

You know your sheeit, bro. Like a headfi oracle or something!

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #63,537 of 103,243
Were any of the other Blons worth trying? I could've lived with the 03 if it wasn't for the 8k peak, I see others have more emphasis around 5k that I think might balance it out.

BL-03 is the best of the lot IMO and the one that brought BLON to the map. Harmanish with midbass bump, pleasant tonality, very analoguish and good timbre, but absolutely crap in technicalities. The BL-03 is infamous for a horrendous fit due to a too short nozzle. So most folk need to spend a bit more to get longer nozzle eartips and this adds to costs. There isn't a very pronounced 8 khz peak actually, it is not fatiguing.

Blon Cardinal was the predecessor of the BL-03, it is slightly brighter than the BL-03, but retains the same analoguish timbre and thick note weight. Shells are like the BGVP DM6 resin shells, look like semi customs. Much better fit, better isolation/subbass and marginally better technicalities. I still keep my pair as of today, but it is out of production and was retailing around $60 - 80 USD so it is questionable whether one should buy the Cardinal for a marginal improvement over the BL-03.

BL-05 (non S) was a fail, very shouty in the upper mids. Metallic tin can timbre. Nobody talks about it nowadays.

BL-05S (yes S version) was much better, I do think it is the 2nd best BLON. Balanced, mild V shaped set. It fixes the mid-bass bloat of the BL-03 and the shoutiness of the BL-05 (non S). More technical than the BL-03. Unfortunately, it came in a hospital green shell, and a lot of consumers got burned by the BL-05 (non S), these factors probably lessened the amount of people willing to try the BL-05S, so it is kind of forgotten nowadays too. I ever wore the BL-05S on the subway and got tons of stares like I was an alien from outer space, due to the green shells.

BL-01 - hard to drive, not much value add from BL-03. Fit was also iffy. V shaped generic sounding meh CHIFI.

BLON MINI - macaroni shaped IEM, lowFI sounding.

After that I gave up on the brand and didn't try some of the other recent releases, eg BLON BL-07, BLON Max, BLON A8 Prometheus. Reviews seem lukewarm on these, and these didn't garner much mainstream attention. And then we have the Fat Girl BLON, which seems to have been whacked badly on first reviews.

TLDR: BLON BL-03 is still their most prominent and famous IEM, pairing good timbre/tonality with crap technicalities. Sadly, they seem to have lost their way in recent times, living on past glories, and releasing mostly meh sets since then.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #63,538 of 103,243
Blon Cardinal was the predecessor of the BL-03, it is slightly brighter than the BL-03, but retains the same analoguish timbre and thick note weight. Shells are like the BGVP DM6 resin shells, look like semi customs. Much better fit, better isolation/subbass and marginally better technicalities. I still keep my pair as of today, but it is out of production and was retailing around $60 - 80 USD so it is questionable whether one should buy the Cardinal for a marginal improvement over the BL-03.

The forgotten acrylic BLON lEM, I don't think many people have tried this BLON given it barely came out and was quickly discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back