The discovery thread!
Jan 10, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #92,762 of 103,224
Can anyone link an inexpensive but decent coupler?
I would like to start measuring my own sets of earphones.
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #92,763 of 103,224
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #92,764 of 103,224
Just started the listening process with the ivipQ Conch V12 after ~150 hours of burn-in.
I am very impressed, especially at the $130 I paid for mine [just asked for a discount and the IEMs only, no cable].
I ordered in Mid-December and it arrived decently fast.
Can't remember which one of you mad lads (@NymPHONOmaniac, maybe?) suggested it, but thanks for the rec!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #92,765 of 103,224
May I ask one simple question?

Is writing the specs in pros and cons section makes your review is an actual review?

Screenshot_2024_0109_213743.png

I wonder if it's because you receive so many review samples, simply rushing from one to another without giving too much attention? You post reviews so frequently, even been highlighted on the main page yet I barely can keep up reading because of writing style???

'New SG-01 3rd generation..." how is this a pros for a new reader let's say who didn't have any of the Reecho products?

"All new Carbon Nano Diaphragm" how is this pros? Just because it's CNT, it's always good?

"New SG-01 shell encasement design..." how is this pros? If you don't particularly write in pros section what kind of sound profile it led to?

"Resulting in... (from the OVA) yet kept in balance" so if a person doesn't know OVA, the person has to go read it and come back to understand what you really mean?

"Resulting in extra level of low-end detail...(from the OVA)..." same as previous.

"Cons: at 51.99.... Nothing to note" I don't know? Maybe you tell me???

Probably companies also don't give a d... they just check the stars and how many pros more written comparing to the below cons.

Pros : Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Cons : maybe nothing?
It makes no sense

Jan 10, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #92,766 of 103,224
Went deep in my graveyard wooden box.

Dang the Hakugei Sea Elf sucks. With a dual magnetic LCP DD that's similar to the Exclusive King, but unlike the clear and fast bass of the King, it's a mid bass bleeder with much slow bass (though punchy), veiled mids, and tonally "off" treble. Yet, when I listen to them next to the Tri Star River, a dual dynamic, it's actually a more pleasant and fun listen. Imagine that, an IEM that pretty much blows, with below average details, slow bass, and veiled mids, and still, it's more pleasurable than the Star River, which is a shouty off tone thin sounding dual dynamic driver with tuning switches that don't help any. These two will continue to dwell at the bottom of my box.

as for the EW200, when you get the right tips, use copper cable, and a warmer source, they are freakin' fantastic for listening to metal and rock. Lightning fast bass, transparent, nice stage, with nice resolution and sparkly treble for an ultra budget IEM. Simgot really hit on this cheapo. Anthrax - State of Euphoria sounds EPIC with the EW200. No small task.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #92,767 of 103,224
Oh! Ha.
Lol. Your right. It is the DEW4X I am getting.
1704858948677.png

DEW4X: Configuration & Parameters | Specs

While the previous DEW4 was equipped with a dual-CS43131 solution, the 4X went a step further with dual-CS43198...... Wave PCM decoding for DSD256 and 384kHz/32Bit is provided. At 32 ohms, the balanced end can still achieve a signal-to-noise ratio of 130dB (125dB single-ended) and less than 0.0003% THD. Supports UAC 1.0 protocol. It delivers 70mW / 150mW of output power at 32 ohms, which is more than enough for most earbuds and even some low-impedance headphones

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #92,768 of 103,224
It makes no sense
May I ask one simple question?

Is writing the specs in pros and cons section makes your review is an actual review?

I wonder if it's because you receive so many review samples, simply rushing from one to another without giving too much attention? You post reviews so frequently, even been highlighted on the main page yet I barely can keep up reading because of writing style???

'New SG-01 3rd generation..." how is this a pros for a new reader let's say who didn't have any of the Reecho products?

"All new Carbon Nano Diaphragm" how is this pros? Just because it's CNT, it's always good?

"New SG-01 shell encasement design..." how is this pros? If you don't particularly write in pros section what kind of sound profile it led to?

"Resulting in... (from the OVA) yet kept in balance" so if a person doesn't know OVA, the person has to go read it and come back to understand what you really mean?

"Resulting in extra level of low-end detail...(from the OVA)..." same as previous.

"Cons: at 51.99.... Nothing to note" I don't know? Maybe you tell me???

Probably companies also don't give a d... they just check the stars and how many pros more written comparing to the below cons.

Pros : Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Cons : maybe nothing?
It has always made sense to me to include new specifications because how the Dawn is different from the 1st black OVA and 2nd purple OVA resulting from new diaphragm design and constitutes of construction. Most of the sound comes from this diaphragm and in the Dawn it is a Reecho self-made unique driver that does not exist anywhere else but implemented in the Dawn. So it is the absolute top pro. Of course if catering to a skimming reader........I do have an encapsulation of the review a few lines down. That would be more about what the driver does to separate itself from all other drivers......the sound results. My process is maybe not perfect but that’s how I do it? I will reevaluate the placement of more sound features maybe on future reviews, as I do now understand what skimming people want placed up there in green. Some people don’t want to hear about the labor pains, they only want to see the baby!

Edit:
Review update: OK, I wrote sonic results in.

Pros:
Unique imaging, separation and timbre for the under $100.00 price point.
Deep textured bass with definition
A subtle U shape tone with emphasis on balance
Extras details with included cable in the midrange and treble over previous Reecho OVA model
Amazing difference from the OVA model when used with ISN CG4 aftermarket cable with enhancing low end texture and 3D presentation
Coherent full-range DD

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #92,769 of 103,224
Went deep in my graveyard wooden box.

Dang the Hakugei Sea Elf sucks. With a dual magnetic LCP DD that's similar to the Exclusive King, but unlike the clear and fast bass of the King, it's a mid bass bleeder with much slow bass (though punchy), veiled mids, and tonally "off" treble. Yet, when I listen to them next to the Tri Star River, a dual dynamic, it's actually a more pleasant and fun listen. Imagine that, an IEM that pretty much blows, with below average details, slow bass, and veiled mids, and still, it's more pleasurable than the Star River, which is a shouty off tone thin sounding dual dynamic driver with tuning switches that don't help any. These two will continue to dwell at the bottom of my box.

as for the EW200, when you get the right tips, use copper cable, and a warmer source, they are freakin' fantastic for listening to metal and rock. Lightning fast bass, transparent, nice stage, with nice resolution and sparkly treble for an ultra budget IEM. Simgot really hit on this cheapo. Anthrax - State of Euphoria sounds EPIC with the EW200. No small task.
Wow, Exclusive King.
Its been awhile since i heard that name.
Its properly old 1DD IEMs and SeaElf can't compare with it?

If i recalled it right, exclusive king uses TFZ 2nd gen DD, TFZ King pro uses 2.5 gen DD, and no.3 (and so on) uses 3rd gen DD.
Not sure how the SuperTFZ counts their DD progress

Jan 10, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #92,771 of 103,224
I'm curious whether the FX15 and the Monarch 3 are in the same league.
Oh no, no no, please do not mention the FX15! One who shall not be named might hear you ...

Jan 10, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #92,772 of 103,224
Just got OH700VB and I have to say I am pretty amazed.....
It easily plays at the same level as UM MEXT or ISN EST50s bass orientated monitors which I also own ... Oceanic bass, waves of bass flowing there vibrating and pumping around... and most of all not affecting their magic... (one of a kind) midrange...
It's a fabulous analogue, vinyl alike reproduction soooo incredibly natural and spacious..... A unique monitor for sure...

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #92,773 of 103,224
Just got OH700VB and I have to say I am pretty amazed.....
It easily plays at the same level as UM MEXT or ISN EST50s bass orientated monitors which I also own ... Oceanic bass, waves of bass flowing there vibrating and pumping around... and most of all not affecting their magic one of a kind midrange...
It's a fabulous analogue, vinyl alike reproduction soooo incredibly natural and spacious..... A unique monitor for sure...
It's the perfect iem for kicking back and succumbing to total emersion in the music.
Hours slide by filled with pleasure as the OH700VB just melts into my ears.

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #92,774 of 103,224
It's the perfect iem for kicking back and succumbing to total emersion in the music.
Hours slide by filled with pleasure as the OH700VB just melts into my ears.
it is absolutely a super enganging monitor ,very immersive and totally enjoyable for hours of fatique free listening, very laid back with gigantic stage.
apart from that one OH700VB is very reminiscent of another giant monitor....
.... the Oriolus Szalayi .....which i got last year and is totally tremendous in terms of stage,bass reproduction ,deep dive in the lowest frequencies and stage representation......it is indeed very very close to Szalayi's sound signature overall...........and the SZAs (Szalayi) are an ALL TIME CLASSIC to me....a true reference as far as SPEAKER alike "BIG TIME" fun sound goes..................
OH700VB is in the "oven" right now under burn in (for the last 2 days) BUT.........judging from a very first (straight out of the box) listening it is a DYNAMITE for sure and very close as well to the original ISN house sound signature overall..........
thought here on OH700VB the magic seems to take place in the lower mids as well.....male/female vocals have superb quality and naturalness so velvety smooth and real to life , must be the implementation of the 4BAs in the midrange and also the very very smooth & seamless transition from mid bass to the midrange which is really exquisite here....That kind of listening is no question a seductive one , yes i can say from that very brief and very first listening that OH700VB is a seductive experience

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #92,775 of 103,224
Man this IEM(NiceHCK F1 Pro) is really interesting. Clean, Crisp, Not harsh at all, and adequate bass(Strong Sub-bass by the way), and outstasnding fit as well.

F1 Pro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back