The discovery thread!
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #95,896 of 104,170
About three hours in with my new Timsok. Incredible sound production with a dynamic driver. Definitely a different level of quality than what I’ve experienced before. Compared to the doscino, my last purchase, little lighter on the bass. Hearing details in songs I haven’t heard before. I think there is a skepticism to spending $500 on an iem that doesn’t have multiple drivers. This set proves that you just need one good driver for each ear.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #95,897 of 104,170
You are fast, mate. I have around 4 hours of raw footage in total that I need to cut and edit, so maybe next year.
Haha.. Hope the consolidated Aful (all 3 iems) review is at least coming out this year!
Edit: do it and who knows your Aful love might make them send you advanced copy of the Cantor and even let you keep it!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #95,898 of 104,170
It's official, I'm the only one disliking the EM6L :dt880smile: So that's why Simgot does not trust my ears anymore.
You're not alone. I also don't like EM6L. Crin seems to be more partial towards hybrids anyway.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #95,900 of 104,170
That's a lovely thought. But I'll pass on that hors d'oeuvre, for two reasons.

One, Crin's collabs are popular and often reviewed well, especially the Blessing 2 Dusk and Crin Zero Red. Two, as others have said, Crin seems to have all but given up on the review game to concentrate on collabs and other commercial projects. I don't think he has updated his IEM database online since last August, and that's a lifetime in IEM world. So, I doubt conflict of interest is much of a concern.
Collaborations are bad for the hobby, Jack's up the prices to pay the collaborators and the only parties that benefit are the sellers and Collab.

The rest of us just pay the commission fee added on to the price.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #95,901 of 104,170
Are there any budget chi-fi TWS IEM's on the horizon?

I really like the sound of my Moondrop Space Travel, but for some reason they irritate the heck out of my ears. It's weird because no other IEM has made my ears feel that bad.
I found a couple of bangers from Singapore

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #95,902 of 104,170
Collaborations are bad for the hobby, Jack's up the prices to pay the collaborators and the only parties that benefit are the sellers and Collab.

The rampant collaborations seem to have seriously degraded the credibility of several formerly high profile YouTube personalities as well. It’s just bad news. The makers shouldn’t be working with reviewers.

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #95,903 of 104,170
The rampant collaborations seem to have seriously degraded the credibility of several formerly high profile YouTube personalities as well. It’s just bad news. The makers shouldn’t be working with reviewers.
Yeah we are seeing a few influncers blantaly bash IEM'S to push thier own agenda , Tanchjim Origin and EA500LM? SERIOUSLY?

It has to be obvious to all that there is a reason for the negative vibes.

Sad times indeed!

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #95,904 of 104,170

What about Crinacle and his input (even though only got credit later) for the 7Hz Salnotes Zero? 7Hz would have never tuned the Zero without his input..........the tune could have been anything. But Crinacle put his secret sauce to it, and the Zero 2........making them great.....in my humble opinion. So where is the jacked-up price there? The Zero was $19.99 originally, plus the new Zero 2 is under $25.00...........he would have to sell hundreds of them to afford a new pair of shoes! :)

While sure it is generally over used as a marketing ploy, but it puts a face that is known onto an inanimate object and gives it personally. Though sure if the results are bad nothing can save the IEM from mediocrity.....not even a smiling face. :) What about Z Revews JoJo? Sounds like the name for a dog, and the IEM is dog. But at timesl collaborations work out, I think?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #95,905 of 104,170

You are so much correct! Btw there is one case where with collabs the reviewer can improve the tuning of already existent iem, for example the Blessing 3 deserve a collab in my opinion, the bass is weak and I don't want to think to use eq when I connect an iem to my devices.

What about Crinacle and his input (even though only got credit later) for the 7Hz Salnotes Zero? 7Hz would have never tuned the Zero without his input..........the tune could have been anything. But Crinacle put his secret sauce to it, and the Zero 2........making them great.....in my humble opinion.

This!! Crin is very good with improving the tuning. So I'm waiting the Blessing 3 Dusk :)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #95,906 of 104,170
You are so much correct! Btw there is one case where with collabs the reviewer can improve the tuning of already existent iem, for example the Blessing 3 deserve a collab in my opinion, the bass is weak and I don't want to think to use eq when I connect an iem to my devices.

This!! Crin is very good with improving the tuning. So I'm waiting the Blessing 3 Dusk :)
Double edged sword.
main-qimg-2463911f61159c8fc10eeb8fddda2b82-lq.jpeg

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #95,907 of 104,170
Collabs aside the moment Ziigaat releases the vanilla HBB Jupiter without that collab tax its a day 1 blind buy for me.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #95,908 of 104,170

The funny part about the blessing 3 is the drivers/driver configuration are very good. With EQ the bass booms. Unfortunate they botched the tuning so bad. Mind boggling to me that they couldn’t address the one major complaint people had with the blessing 2. Moondrop’s solution with the 3: we should add more treble.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #95,909 of 104,170
What about Crinacle and his input (even though only got credit later) for the 7Hz Salnotes Zero? 7Hz would have never tuned the Zero without his input..........the tune could have been anything. But Crinacle put his secret sauce to it, and the Zero 2........making them great.....in my humble opinion. So where is the jacked-up price there? The Zero was $19.99 originally, plus the new Zero 2 is under $25.00...........he would have to sell hundreds of them to afford a new pair of shoes! :)

While sure it is generally over used as a marketing ploy, but it puts a face that is known onto an inanimate object and gives it personally. Though sure if the results are bad nothing can save the IEM from mediocrity.....not even a smiling face. :) What about Z Revews JoJo? Sounds like the name for a dog, and the IEM is dog. But at timesl collaborations work out, I think?
Zero is tune on IEF neutral target as In-Ear-Fidelity Neutral Target, crin own personal neutral target.

While i never quite buy Collab iem because of who they collab with, i buy them because usually collab iem will have clearer design goal, and much better marketing/explanation video done by collaborator.
its no bland "unparralled iems with perfect tune" usual chifi unclear marketing mumbo jumbo, but the collaborator usually goes "i made this iem to fit this particular library. so the setup is like this for this. and bass will be like this so for these kinds of song, it would be perfect".

its for marketing? well, if that is the marketing difference, collab all the way, i'd say.

that being said, not all collab have that immediate design goal like what crin, HBB, or Gizaudio done.
there is a bit hazy one like ZReviews one but so far the product ain't bad per se.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #95,910 of 104,170
I see you mention 634ears miraouk as one of your top 2 iems. Did you do a review of it? I saw somewhere a discounted price on 'Miroak-II Padauk wood' , not sure exactly how much it was. 200$ perhaps. Is the bass here good (one of those quality,quantity satisfying stuff)? is that 'Miroak-II Padauk wood' worth that?
I haven't reviewed it, I want to. But for some reason I always have promised reviews I have to do instead 😅

It's not the most technical set, but delivers a warm fun tonality that aligns with my taste. Also like the design and how nice the maker Musashi is.

200$ is a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back