The discovery thread!
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #98,446 of 104,171
My Trio finally arrived after some delays and they were worth the wait. For about $40CDN they are awesome all throughout the frequency range. Technicalities are pretty darn good too.

Still playing around with the tuning switches and at the moment I'm on UDUU. Anyone else have any other good setting for the tuning switches?
1010 is mine. I believe @o0genesis0o as well. @Singaravelan, which did you choose? 1001? The beauty is there's several switch alignments, and they are game changers in ultra budget because you can go in several directions and still they sound fantastic.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #98,447 of 104,171
I just could never get along with the Trio, perhaps its me!
Yep. It is. But no IEM is 100%. Well, maybe the Annihilator, but aside from that....none.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #98,448 of 104,171
1010 is mine. I believe @o0genesis0o as well. @Singaravelan, which did you choose? 1001? The beauty is there's several switch alignments, and they are game changers in ultra budget because you can go in several directions and still they sound fantastic.
I went with 1110 mostly and 1111 for certain genre

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #98,449 of 104,171
just got in Cca trio. They are solid. I kinda like them. Any got dip switch recommendations or know what they do?
From the guy with the Anni, this is a huge compliment to the Trio. With that said, go with 1111?!!??

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #98,450 of 104,171
This paragraph feels edited by generative AI 😉
Yes it is. I publish my original text here at Headfi and then I use AI for my website to avoid plagiarism. Otherwise, if I publish the exact same text both at Headfi and my website, the website gets omitted from Google search results.

Do you have another solution?

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #98,451 of 104,171
Did a little comparison between my Alpha Omega Ra and the Aur Audio Neon Pro (bass switch on)
  • Neon Pro excels in details. The midrange and treble notes are audibly more well-defined, with more distinct details and a very tangible presence. They sound a bit bigger too. The treble has more energy and more extension also. The soundstage has excellent height and very good depth, but width seemed less to my ears. Imaging is spot on.
  • Ra has much better bass thanks to the dynamic driver - fuller, more fun, more natural timbre, and stronger presence. The midrange and treble notes are smoother and slightly smaller, and details are slightly less apparent. However, Ra sounds more grand. The soundstage is wider, similarly deep, and slightly less tall. The imaging is spot on, and the whole presentation is more three-dimensional and more spacious.
Thanks to @gadgetgod for lending me the Neon Pro for a while.

1000081601-01.jpeg

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #98,452 of 104,171
Yes it is. I publish my original text here at Headfi and then I use AI for my website to avoid plagiarism. Otherwise, if I publish the exact same text both at Headfi and my website, the website gets omitted from Google search results.

Do you have another solution?
I didn’t know google does that 😯 I copy exact text between my website and headfi.

You can ask ChatGPT to write using your tone. It does a decent job. You do so by feeding it some chunks of your text and ask it to copy how you write. Or maybe test some other services that are not as obvious.

My students send this sort of text quite often, so I can smell this kind of text from a far 😂

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #98,453 of 104,171
I didn’t know google does that 😯 I copy exact text between my website and headfi.

You can ask ChatGPT to write using your tone. It does a decent job. You do so by feeding it some chunks of your text and ask it to copy how you write. Or maybe test some other services that are not as obvious.

My students send this sort of text quite often, so I can smell this kind of text from a far 😂
Actually, I don't have problem to reshape my text using AI. It is still my own text. The AI will produce content that has a quality that mirrors the original text. This is better and more "straight" and "legit" than using GhatGPT. I used to do the editing myself but it is time consuming. So I use a paragraph rewriter and still spend time to edit the results. This way it is still the original text but with other words :)

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #98,454 of 104,171
Google bot scans and compares everything. If it finds the exact same content in two websites, then it is highly probable that the website with the lowest "authority" will get omitted from the search results. The bot assumes that the weakest website is copying content from the big website. It took me almost a year to find out what was happening, a SEO expert helped me to understand.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #98,456 of 104,171
Couple of us have UUUD. Couple have UDUD. Basically, Treble switch is usually down. I usually have the first option but on certain genre, go all (switches) up with the fairies.
For the moment after some crude testing (with silicone tips) I've settled on UDUU, but i will try UUUD some more tomorrow

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #98,457 of 104,171
It really makes me sad to see AI used to reword reviews. The use of language, adjectives, metaphors, similes, etc etc are an art form and creative skill....like literature. Not impressed at all.
You are getting old Dharma! Almost as old as independent India, na?! Times they are changing.

fwiw, I do agree with your sigh.

But in this respect, considering his dilemma of how google search works, he can't duplicate the same content on two platforms and risk losing readership. And it would be too much to write two different articles for one iem, especially as he seems to be doing a lot of reviews.

And also, he makes a difference between chatgpt and AI in how it treats/retains his originality.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #98,458 of 104,171
As they say, there is always a first time for everything. As for me, this brand. Here are some early impressions.

FB_IMG_1712219737152.jpg

• bass is on another level. One of the cleanest bass ive heard. Its as if it has its own space everytime. Tbh, the quantity of bass here is a bit too much for my taste but the realism of bass guitars and drum kicks are too good! It's impossible to not love this kind of detailed lows. (I'm still using the switch 2, the default it came with. The switch 3 will lessen the bass which i think will be my personal preference. Im just letting the sound sink in for the time being.)
• texture is well defined. Instruments have that grit and detail but not sounding too edgy.
• separation and layering is sublime. Every element has its own space for it to be heard.
• fit is a bit tricky. Have to find a more suitable size of eartip. My usual go to M size didn't work. I have to switch to S size to get proper seal. One might need to consider adjusting to different size than your usual go to.
• vocals is not forward or recessed. Just rightly placed.
• i can hear some extra reverberation similar to how BC driver present. I think this is due to the vented drivers.
• stock cable doesn't have L or R indication.
• detail retrieval is amazing. Underlying overtones of percussive instruments that I've not heard before are brought to light.
• instrument placing is spot on. Each has their own place on the stage presentation.
• has a sense of 3d sound presentation
• timbre is accurate and proper. I can even hear and dissect the bass guitar from the drum kick.
• lows are punchy but not edgy. Realism.
• instrument separation can rival even my TOTL Mest mkiii.

I'm excited to review these to the fullest! Would like to thank some people for the loaner unit and giving me the opportunity to hear these puppies. Eiji Zerstorer Romero and Sandeep Agarwal of Audio Geek "Brother_Hood of Audiophiles" and Penon Audio for giving the Philippine group a chance to hear your gears!

I shall enjoy these for 2 weeks. 😎😎 Cheers!

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #98,459 of 104,171
It really makes me sad to see AI used to reword reviews. The use of language, adjectives, metaphors, similes, etc etc are an art form and creative skill....like literature. Not impressed at all.
Wrong, because if you feed it with high quality original material, then the result is also of high quality and really personal of the reviewer.

Anyway, I give the reader the option to read the 100% original text here at Headfi, or the slightly modified one in the website.

This is a necessity born out from the idiotic Google search machine.

Plus, I have the guts and no problem at all to get public with it because I do write more than 2K words of original content per review.

No one can blame me for nothing

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #98,460 of 104,171
You are getting old Dharma! Almost as old as independent India, na?! Times they are changing.

fwiw, I do agree with your sigh.

But in this respect, considering his dilemma of how google search works, he can't duplicate the same content on two platforms and risk losing readership. And it would be too much to write two different articles for one iem, especially as he seems to be doing a lot of reviews.

And also, he makes a difference between chatgpt and AI in how it treats/retains his originality.
Exactly.

Thank you 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back