The discovery thread!
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #99,091 of 101,315
Trio is making it's presence felt! It's such a fantastic all arounder, and even better, it's cheap as chips!
I'm weak. I pride myself on being anti-FOMO, but The Forum Effect (TM) broke my defenses, and my Trio arrives tomorrow. For $40, why not?

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #99,092 of 101,315
Any IEM better than Olina SE under $100? I use Olina SE with TRI Clarion tips and it sound much better than stock tips.
Looking for a little bit warm sound, soft/mellow bass and treble, mid focused.
Seeing Nicehck F1 Pro but it's planar. I also have Simgot EW200 and I don't like that kind of sound.
Thanks
Aful MagicOne. $105 on Amazon. Fits those tuning preferences perfectly. Needs a bit of power to reach peak fidelity.

LOVE mine.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #99,094 of 101,315
Mid fi battle is heating up guys. I got the opportunity to purchase an Elysian Pilgrim early in exchange for promotion work. I'll be reviewing the heck out of it. Dusk is coming soon it's like 90 miles away!

Also, I think we might be seeing some stuff from Aful at the end of the month. Stay tuned. When I hear more, I'll you awesome people know.
Jealous! Looking forward to your impressions.
Any IEM better than Olina SE under $100? I use Olina SE with TRI Clarion tips and it sound much better than stock tips.
Seeing Nicehck F1 Pro but it's planar. I also have Simgot EW200 and I don't like that kind of sound.
Thanks
I haven't heard it but many here talk up Aful MagicOne with its warm-neutral sound and its tuning in that price range. 110usd.

May be that, provided you have the dac-power to fuel it.
Yep I'm going to second the MagicOne (I'm sure to the surprise of no one). But @Singaravelan is right you really need an amp to get the most out of them.

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #99,096 of 101,315
I can't be the only one, that sees, what I see ?

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:
1713260415085.png
As someone who spends a lot of time copyediting, this stuff drives me bonkers. The problem is the spacing. The P is floating between the "CRA" and the "RO" so our eyes naturally look for ways to make sense of bad design by finding familiar words. The "crap" would be fixed by putting the P closer to the R where it should be.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #99,098 of 101,315
I woke u p to a lot of likes on my Volur review. I was like What... then realized, I got spotlighted! So cool. My third time! Audeze Maxwell, Rosetechnics Quietsea, and now 64 Audio Volur! Woot.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #99,099 of 101,315
I woke u p to a lot of likes on my Volur review. I was like What... then realized, I got spotlighted! So cool. My third time! Audeze Maxwell, Rosetechnics Quietsea, and now 64 Audio Volur! Woot.
Congrats and I added another for you 😉
Keep up the good work!

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #99,100 of 101,315
As someone who spends a lot of time copyediting, this stuff drives me bonkers. The problem is the spacing. The P is floating between the "CRA" and the "RO" so our eyes naturally look for ways to make sense of bad design by finding familiar words. The "crap" would be fixed by putting the P closer to the R where it should be.
I woudn't even go to the level of proper typesetting. Just post the design mockup on social media, in the western hemisphere.
&
Let the :poop: commence

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #99,101 of 101,315
I like being able to say, "My best CCA is CRAP!"

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #99,102 of 101,315
I woudn't even go to the level of proper typesetting. Just post the design mockup on social media, in the western hemisphere.
&
Let the :poop: commence
This was the idea...how many crap you have to listen to every day??? So these IEMs are a protection against that!
You will never hear any crap ever after you buy these, only music. :wink:

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #99,103 of 101,315
Apr 16, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #99,104 of 101,315
Thanks
Maybe The LZ A4 Pro

With the price correction (got my LZ A4 Pro to my door for $83), from last week's sale, the A4 Pro is a viable option, for the sub $100 category.

Credit to @Dsnuts for pointing out (in his review: link) that the gold and red nozzles (from the A7) fill in the gap, presented by the included nozzles with the A4 Pro. I ended up with the red nozzles from the A7. With my 4 yr. old (balanced) NiceHCK DarkJade (which should be the big brother to the stock) cable & Symbio, hybrid tips and went to town on my FiiO BTR7.

I don't measure frequencies; as they reflect what a machine graphs and until AI takes over (all hail Cyberdyne :heartbeat: ) and makes us all androids, my analog head don't play that. I interpret the playback as a W shape. Vocals are forward, with the default black vent and the A7 red nozzle; which has less sound absorbing material in it, versus the red nozzles that come with the A4 Pro.

For my tastes (Basshead!!!), the only knock, is the low end is missing that visceral thump. But overall, I would categorize the LZ A4 Pro as "more than meets the need".

I've only done about 15 hrs. of break in. So I'll give another listen, after some more baking time. I wanted to get this feedback posted, while the AE "Outdoor Fun" sale is still open. As with coupons, the LZ A4 Pro is sitting at $75, pretax.

LZ A4 Pro O tips.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #99,105 of 101,315

They applied no kerning. Rookie design mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back