The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #100,186 of 102,482
If the high res version means they improved the timbre and resolution at the top end with the Trio, which is where I feel is the weakness, as it's average, then maybe it's a potential buy? But everything else must remain the same?!
Technically for the High-Resolution version they only reduced the bass; the top end remains almost untouched.

Trio
Vader Balanced
Vader High-Res
Trio.jpg
Vader Balanced.png
Vader High Res p.png

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #100,187 of 102,482
Make that the TRN Kenobi, then we'd have a real fight
I'm down with this. It needs a new color than black or white though, perhaps the color of the sands of Tatooine.

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #100,188 of 102,482
The most compact BQEYZ set yet?

20240430_152653.jpg20240430_152635.jpg

These are my initial impressions of BQEYZ CLOUD. BQEYZ is quite well-known for their innovative approach to the point that they are quite experimental in that regard and this new model is one of them. This one has a hybrid driver system consisting of dynamic driver and flexible auxiliary diaphragm unit which is BQEYZ's take on passive radiator and these components were housed in a metal alloy shell casing. The size of the shells is probably the most compact one among the BQEYZ sets that I've tested so far and this one will have no issues to folks with smaller lugholes.

As for tonality, this set is somehow divagating towards neutralish-bright tuning on how this tuning is more focused on the upper-mids up to the entirety of the treble region. Bright, sparkly and airy, as I describe it clearly as it will better on females vocals, strings, woodwinds and some chordophone percussives. But in my opinion, treble-sensitive folk might stay cautious on these particular types of tuning to their sensitivity of their hearing level limits.

For technical capabilities, BQEYZ products are known to have these strongest assets and the good thing is that the CLOUD has its DNA in these aspects. Excellent stereo imaging with layering and separation, a quite spacious sound field and pretty highly resolving in terms of micro-dynamics.

Check out my full review later.
Is that the same OEM shell as the tripowin Olina?

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #100,189 of 102,482
Technically for the High-Resolution version they only reduced the bass; the top end remains almost untouched.

Trio
Vader Balanced
Vader High-Res
Trio.jpgVader Balanced.pngVader High Res p.png
It just seems like high-Resolution version has less bass. XD They gotta slow down....

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #100,190 of 102,482
If the high res version means they improved the timbre and resolution at the top end with the Trio, which is where I feel is the weakness, as it's average, then maybe it's a potential buy? But everything else must remain the same?!
That would be awesome and I would grab it.. and a kz vader T-shirt with it! In for life, now

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #100,191 of 102,482
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #100,192 of 102,482
Here's a review for the TIN HIFI P1 Max II: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tinhifi-p1-max-ii.27174/reviews#review-33725

Panda 7.jpg

Pros:
Solid built
Ergonomic and light
Textured and clean bass
Good technicalities

Cons:
No case or even a pouch for a $100ish USD set!
Not the easiest IEM to drive, due to lowish sensitivity
Below average isolation
Planar timbre
Potentially sibilant and fatiguing in the upper frequencies - not for treble-sensitive peeps

Tin HIFI P1 Max II.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak.

Apr 30, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #100,195 of 102,482
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #100,199 of 102,482
i-like-turtles-zombie-kid.gif

May 1, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #100,200 of 102,482
There are apparently people in the world who swear they can "listen" to music by simply looking at record grooves.
Not sure how far people could "listen" by looking or touching the record grooves
but funfact sensory synthesia is a thing.
some people could "see/visualize" food taste or maybe hear by sense of touch.

You know what is better than a weekly sidegrade Pokemon release?

A Star Wars Pokemon.

Presenting the KZ Vader.

The evil empire strikes back yes.

Tuning switches yes. Comes with 2 versions yes.

$34 USD

https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-vader

I know that Trio is popular new release,
but re-releasing a reshelled one is a bit mu...

1714537250079.jpeg

... huh? is this on direction of IEF neutral with bass boost?
with trio 3DD?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back