The discovery thread!
May 5, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #100,561 of 102,210
That's beautiful, dude. Your range is very, very solid.

Everyone has a preferred register -- I can tell yours is higher. But you still dig deep to hit the lower notes. My singing style is similar. It's just as hard for me to sing Johnny Cash as it is Bon Scott! Reaching to hit the valleys is just as tough as reaching to climb the peaks.

Keep posting these vids. I enjoy your vocals and music, and maybe I'll learn some Slovenian!

P.S.: I spy the three tuning forks logo of Yamaha on those stool cushions! (avid MotoGP fan here) :)
Thank you!
Indeed, I feel I am a baritone most comfortably with minor extension on both ends of baritone's expected range when stars align. Here I had to reach quite a bit lower than usual while the upper range could be pushed slightly without serious struggle.
I would love to hear your work too, but I understand if you don't feel like posting!

Congratulation man..!!
For me, it is complex to sing especially the lower notes. You've done quite well.

I dared to sing for Rosalía but it's not going to be on youtube... hahahaha.

Keep it up.
Thank you, guys!
No need to feel ashamed of posting, that is how you figure out what suits you best and what could be done better! 😄

May 5, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #100,562 of 102,210
Got told about a new brand DEER EAR by @thaslaya

A CIEM maker from Germany (Bavaria), that is about to make some universal models.
Had a small chat with the owner, and he is soon coming with a new 7 driver model with a bass port.
Quite interested in this one, and I love to support smaller brands.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfOMZwWNTg5/

Some photos from some previous models, and his first universal model:
Screenshot 2024-05-05 223107.png

1714941188695.png

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #100,563 of 102,210
Got told about a new brand DEER EAR by @thaslaya

A CIEM maker from Germany (Bavaria), that is about to make some universal models.
Had a small chat with the owner, and he is soon coming with a new 7 driver model with a bass port.
Quite interested in this one, and I love to support smaller brands.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfOMZwWNTg5/

Some photos from some previous models, and his first universal model:
Screenshot 2024-05-05 223107.png

1714941188695.png
Glad I can help shed some light on a small operation. Looking forward to hearing your impressions if you can get your hands on one soon.

May 5, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #100,564 of 102,210
Looking up Azla Sednaearfits on Amazon. Thanks for telling me that a set of three eartips is $83,675 per ounce! ***starts sweating profusely LOL

May 5, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #100,566 of 102,210
1714961865852.png

Really high praise.
Seems CCA nails the tuning and the upgrade plan for that tuning.
Trio and then this? CCA is on fire lately. Exciting time for new buyers / upgraders. Bad time for addicts enthusiasts: too many disruptive options.

May 5, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #100,567 of 102,210
Trio and then this? CCA is on fire lately. Exciting time for new buyers / upgraders. Bad time for addicts enthusiasts: too many disruptive options.
I would agree, they are on fire lately and I hope they can keep up the momentum. The Hydro was a good buy.

May 5, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #100,569 of 102,210
I just saw one segment in Akros review.. compares it favourably with Aful performer 8! Says better bass in hydro and while Aful P8 edges out on mids and treble, the price value of hydro pushes it ahead.

If that's true, crazy value indeed!

May 5, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #100,570 of 102,210
I just saw one segment in Akros review.. compares it favourably with Aful performer 8! Says better bass in hydro and while Aful P8 edges out on mids and treble, the price value of hydro pushes it ahead.

To think about it, there is a limit of what is actually in a recording, a limit in what human can hear, and a limit in what transducers can do.

As the whole industry learns (due to the available demand), perhaps by experimentation, research, or reverse engineer other’s products, and as the supply chain strengthens, there is no reason why newer and cheaper IEMs cannot compete with the expensive pioneers. I mean, if they use the same component, the same high-end design, why can’t they sound just as good?

I’ll be excited when someone can make an IEM that sounds identical to U12t or MEST III at $200 for daily driving.

Edit: now, can a good $200 2024 IEM compete with a good $2000 2024 IEM is a different question. I don’t know the answer since I don’t have any $2000 2024 IEM 😂

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #100,571 of 102,210
Just received my 1st IEM of 2024. The Hidizs MP145. Grabbed it during the recent AE sale at $100 with express shipping. :sunglasses:
Stage size is only average as I was expecting a much larger size per the reviews. It's noticeably smaller than the Dioko and still smaller than my other IEMs. I was also expecting a much more powerful bass again per the reviews and I think a modded DD IEM has more bass than this even the polite version of my modded LEGATO but this is only my OOTB experience. Very cable dependent with the default nozzle filter and quite well tuned for a planar nonetheless. Looking forward to some burn-in changes.
1714967089767.png

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #100,572 of 102,210
The EPZ Q1 Pro is quite a looker! You can find them on sale around $30 and they are a great ultra-budget option. Solid resin build and inoffensive tuning. Review up now on Headfi and my blog.
1000020494.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #100,573 of 102,210
Haha! It's a disruptive world we live in ...

Hmm, how can the Hydro be a TOTL kicka*ser disruptor, yet gets beaten in mids and treble by a year-old $250 offering?

May 6, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #100,574 of 102,210
Haha! It's a disruptive world we live in ...

Hmm, how can the Hydro be a TOTL kicka*ser disruptor, yet gets beaten in mids and treble by a year-old $250 offering?
P8 is 370 $ ... And if this is as good as 3 times it's cost, then it's really really good. I don't know how many been calling it as totl kicker.. But if P8 comparison is right (and he says it just edges it rather than huge difference in mids treble) then this hydro is great value for money.

I didn't see rest of review to know what else he compares favorably..

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #100,575 of 102,210
P8 is 370 $ ... And if this is as good as 3 times it's cost, then it's really really good. I don't know who had been calling it as totl kicker.. But if P8 comparison is right (and he says it just edges it rather than huge difference in mids treble) then this hydro is great value for money.

I didn't see rest of review to know what else he compares favorably..
You know, I have never understood what people mean when they say this IEM has “better mid” than the others. Midrange is midrange. What’s that even mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back