The discovery thread!
May 20, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #102,271 of 104,222
So how is it baseless? Where's the research you've read that led you to call his worries and mine baseless? What's the scientific explanation for why a very large group of humans are worried about phone energy but not EST drivers?
The way I look at it, something will get yah:
Power lines
Anit-vaxers, causing a suppressed disease to resurface
Simple heads that believe in things like "Raw" water
Cell towers
Food coloring
GMO products
Asteroids
The results of the next presidential election, . . .

While I have my faculties about me, I plan on just enjoying my time.

May 20, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #102,272 of 104,222
My Himalaya setup is using the gold nozzle from Simgot EA1000 with a black foam insert and a 500 level mesh (Thanks @Dsnuts and @ToneDeafMonk!).
Also rocking large size Orange Liqueur tips.
Not 100% sold on the stock cable tbh but will evaluate my options later tonight.
But I am digging the heck out of these IEMs so far.

0520241026a~2.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #102,273 of 104,222
Power lines
Cell towers
Food coloring
GMO products
Asteroids

Let's keep it light, y'all.
Anyone enjoying new music? 🎶
Good vibes being uploaded now...

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #102,274 of 104,222
My Himalaya setup is using the gold nozzle from Simgot EA1000 with a black foam insert and a 500 level mesh (Thanks @Dsnuts and @ToneDeafMonk!).
Also rocking large size Orange Liqueur tips.
Not 100% sold on the stock cable tbh but will evaluate my options later tonight.
But I am digging the heck out of these IEMs so far.

The higher the mesh count, the higher you dampen the mid-to-high frequencies. I tried 200, 300, and 500. For me the 300 mesh was the perfect middle ground to not lose too much detail... but tbh, the effect was more psychoacoustic than anything else.

I also tried the grey "tuning sponges" which are also included in the Sigmot kit.. but only for 5 minutes, then they came out again. Was a no-go, highs sounded nearly muffled to me.

..and the stock cable is really well done, malleable and still soft for its thickness... and gorgeously looking... at least for me.

Looking forward to more feedback from you, & congrats btw!

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #102,275 of 104,222
The higher the mesh count, the higher you dampen the mid-to-high frequencies. I tried 200, 300, and 500. For me the 300 mesh was the perfect middle ground to not lose too much detail... but tbh, the effect was more psychoacoustic than anything else.

I also tried the grey "tuning sponges" which are also included in the Sigmot kit.. but only for 5 minutes, then they came out again. Was a no-go, highs sounded nearly muffled to me.

Lokking forward to more feedback from you, & congrats btw!
Yeah, I might try to swap the 500 for 300 but this IEM is as good as advertised.
It's more up my alley than the EA1000, for sure.

May 20, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #102,277 of 104,222
Power lines
Cell towers
Food coloring
GMO products
Asteroids

May 20, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #102,278 of 104,222
What's this? Seems that this potential gem flew under the radar so far...

As we know, all Myer Audio IEMs come from the same factory as the DUNU's (and you can see the resemblance quite easily), also the CKLVX D41 ( aka Pula 02) and the SLIIVO SL41 are well received everywhere, and that brings me to the:

Myer Audio KATACCO 1DD with 10MM Composite Diaphragm Drivers and a very very competitive price point of about 42 $.

EDIT: Description added:

MYER-AUDIO aims to be a platform for high quality innovation. We gather the best engineers in the audio industry and make every product with craftsmanship. We have been immersed in the industry for more than twenty years and maintain deep relationships with several brands. We continue to explore and move forward, striving to provide audiophiles and professionals with beautifully creative and quality audio products.

Product name: KATACCO 1DD in-ear monitor headphones
Newly Upgraded 10MM Composite Diaphragm Driver

Professionally tuned to provide you with outstanding natural sound quality. It has a good balance of high, mid and low frequencies, combining balance, openness, finesse, transparency, detail and ambience in a rich quality. The customized unit, the newly upgraded 10MM has a new composite diaphragm driver with a very fast response for a better listening experience. Ergonomic and aesthetic design, elegant as a work of art, to provide a super comfortable wearing experience.

Configuration:
Driver: 10MM composite diaphragm driver
Headphones: 1DD IEM 1 pair
Cable: sterling silver upgrade cable
Cable length: 1.25M
Straight plug: optional 4.4MM/3.5MM 0.78MM two-pin
Silicone earbud covers: 5 pairs
Leather bag: 1pc
Warranty: 12 months

S32903fe60a634bb68f70e8715c2ea803M.jpg
S4db2b6bde8714dafbbcf5360211698523.jpg

Would be nice if we have the one or the other 1DD aficionado who ordered them already?
So far only available at the Myer Audio Aliexpress store I think.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #102,279 of 104,222

As we know, all Myer Audio IEMs come from the same factory as the DUNU's (and you can see the resemblance quite easily), also the CKLVX D41 ( aka Pula 02) and the SLIIVO SL41 are well received everywhere, and that brings me to the:

Myer Audio KATACCO 1DD with 10MM Composite Diaphragm Drivers and a very very competitive price point of about 42 $.

Would be nice if we have the one or the other 1DD aficionado who ordered them already?
There are probably better 1DD aficionados than me, however I am a bit of a graph head and this one is kinda meh.

May 20, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #102,280 of 104,222
Let's keep it light, y'all.
Anyone enjoying new music? 🎶
Good vibes being uploaded now...

My R4 cleared customs AFTER it said it was out for delivery so who even knows bro!

Happy Monday

May 20, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #102,281 of 104,222

I kinda remember one reviewer saying this is identical to Kiwi Ears Cadenza. I think it was Akros?

May 20, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #102,282 of 104,222
Intrresting graphs. I would suggest to look at nornalization first. If dB values are correct (and they should be) the non-normalized graph for the red nozle should be higher in magnitude/intensity. Software then likely normalizes all graphs by default to the same intensities at 1 kHz or lower.
As for the frequency shifts - oscillator dampening decreases its frequency, and it should be applicable to the standing sound waves in the coupler (enough of the older Phonophi, right?)

Scaremongering is not right.
Bringing potential concerns should be right (and potentially helpful).
Bringing concerns about concerns should be similarly instructive.
Scaremongering efforts to shut down any potential concerns are not right as well (and perhaps the most to be concerned with, given the tendencies of the current "cancel culture").

I hope we all (here and elsewhere in life) can find a good balance in polite and respectful discussions.

Aren't the BA drivers absolutely the same in Rhapsody and Hydro?
They are the same according to KZ description, just twice more drivers in Hydro. More drivers is better in several aspects: smoother, more details potentially without "artificial treble boosting", while less directly influencing tonality. The tonality here is largely determined by the DD-BA junction: frequencies and the relative intensities of the implemented crossover.
I read or watched a YT review that alluded to them being an upgrade - if I find it I'll post it later ok?

May 20, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #102,283 of 104,222
Also while you’re here @Dsnuts do you think Shozy B2 is worth picking up at $150 in today’s competition?
That depends. The B2 is the closest I have ever heard a Chinese manufacturer do western tunings. B2 is like Bose tuning. Big mid bassy, warm L shaped sound very moderate upper mids to mid bass ratio. It has a big airy stage to the sound too which helps with all the bass it has. These types of tunings aren't too common nowadays and for some, these will be a welcomed change among the myriads of harmon tuned IEMs we have now.

Harmon tunings seems to be an industry standard now, which is both good and bad at the same time. I will give Shozy some props of going all out on the musical end of the tuning process. No warmth= not Shozy. The only catch on the B2 is that it does require some tinkering to get the sound right for you. What you might hear out of the box may not be anything that you read about them. Burn in, nozzles and cables all play a crucial role into getting them correct. They remind me a bit of the old Sony Z5 in that it is a very colored sound but one that is very enjoyable when you dial in that combo correct. Is it competitive with todays $150 level IEMs? Against more neutral and balanced technical tunings, if thats the type of tunings you like then no. But for folks that love them some big mid bass, warmth and body to your music. It stands out as one only a handfull of IEM options that is using a nicely resolving dynamic with dual magnets with this particular tuning.

1716219145399.png

Shozy B2 is the one IEM where it actually needs pure silver to counter a bit of that warmth. ISN SC4 shown with the B2.

JVC woodie IEMs comes to mind that are also colored in this way. You can actually say it is unique especially when you consider what is the norm nowadays.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #102,284 of 104,222
How’s the Polaris stacking up? Gonna try mine out tonight.
Trio more spacious and better with imaging and detail retrieval. Bass isn't too far off. I'd say they are fairly equal all things considered (3DD vs 1DD), but the Polaris are wayyyyyy more natural sounding, with more clear and extended highs. This remains the weakness of the Trio. The highs, though not terrible or strident, simply don't sound the most natural, and aren't as airy as they could be, especially compared to the airy and resolving top end of the Polaris. Everything else? Edge to the Trio.

May 20, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #102,285 of 104,222
That depends. The B2 is the closest I have ever heard a Chinese manufacturer do western tunings. B2 is like Bose tuning. Big mid bassy, warm L shaped sound very moderate upper mids to mid bass ratio. It has a big airy stage to the sound too which helps with all the bass it has. These types of tunings aren't too common nowadays and for some, these will be a welcomed change among the myriads of harmon tuned IEMs we have now.

Harmon tunings seems to be an industry standard now, which is both good and bad at the same time. I will give Shozy some props of going all out on the musical end of the tuning process. No warmth= not Shozy. The only catch on the B2 is that it does require some tinkering to get the sound right for you. What you might hear out of the box may not be anything that you read about them. Burn in, nozzles and cables all play a crucial role into getting them correct. They remind me a bit of the old Sony Z5 in that it is a very colored sound but one that is very enjoyable when you dial in that combo correct. Is it competitive with todays $150 level IEMs? Against more neutral and balanced technical tunings, if thats the type of tunings you like then no. But for folks that love them some big mid bass, warmth and body to your music. It stands out as one only a handfull of IEM options that is using a nicely resolving dynamic with dual magnets with this particular tuning.

1716219145399.png
Shozy B2 is the one IEM where it actually needs pure silver to counter a bit of that warmth. ISN SC4 shown with the B2.

JVC woodie IEMs comes to mind that are also colored in this way. You can actually say it is unique especially when you consider what is the norm nowadays.
Gotcha, I appreciate the detailed response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back