THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,693 of 3,874
Hi guys! This is my first post, I signed up to the forum just for say that thanks to all of you I was inspired to my first (and I expect not the last) headphone stand. I made it from a simple piece of wood (cedar) and bamboo. I toke photo of the whole process but I show you just a general view of the finished product. It supports two headphones: AKG k77 Perception and Sony MDR zx310. Behind it has two wood knobs that can be found from any door or another forniture (I buyed it haha), these are for roll the cables. Also it has two 1/4" and 1/8" holes, for the respectives plugs adapters. The lights are SMD leds whith a tiny hole to pass the respective cable and they can be turned on or off plugging in or not the power source (9v or 12v). For finish it has four rubber feet and a plastic cover to hide the led's cable and the mess 
wink_face.gif

Ah! and I read head-fi forum since one or two months ago because I use it as reference to buy headphones, and right now I'm lookig for an interface (lexicon, presonus, focusrite, etc)....well, I think that's all !!

Regards from Argentina!!
wink_face.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #3,694 of 3,874
Just wanted to post my stand I made from IKEA parts. I made four of these for around $15 each.

You could make some nice IKEA-like manual with drawings and give it here as open-source design :wink:

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,695 of 3,874
  Hi guys! This is my first post, I signed up to the forum just for say that thanks to all of you I was inspired to my first (and I expect not the last) headphone stand. I made it from a simple piece of wood (cedar) and bamboo. I toke photo of the whole process but I show you just a general view of the finished product. It supports two headphones: AKG k77 Perception and Sony MDR zx310. Behind it has two wood knobs that can be found from any door or another forniture (I buyed it haha), these are for roll the cables. Also it has two 1/4" and 1/8" holes, for the respectives plugs adapters. The lights are SMD leds whith a tiny hole to pass the respective cable and they can be turned on or off plugging in or not the power source (9v or 12v). For finish it has four rubber feet and a plastic cover to hide the led's cable and the mess 
wink_face.gif

Ah! and I read head-fi forum since one or two months ago because I use it as reference to buy headphones, and right now I'm lookig for an interface (lexicon, presonus, focusrite, etc)....well, I think that's all !!

Regards from Argentina!!
wink_face.gif

Sorry I cant't upload images. It says I have not permission or something like that. :frowning2:

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #3,697 of 3,874
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,704 of 3,874
IMG_20170429_155405.jpg

A simple solution: 3USD paper towel dispenser bended at the top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back