The ethics of headphone buying and returning
Nov 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

roadcykler

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's the deal. I fully intend to buy 1 of 3 headphones but because of circumstances out of my control, I can't listen to them locally before buying until after the new year but I want to get this done before Christmas. One thought I had, was to order one of each from different sellers knowing full well that I'll be returning at least 2 of them (all 3 if I don't like them) but I have reservations about doing that. 

The ones I'm considering are $700 and up so this isn't a thing I take lightly (unless I win the Powerball tomorrow) and there's no way I'm buying headphones that expensive without hearing them first. Am I concerned needlessly? 

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Here's the deal. I fully intend to buy 1 of 3 headphones but because of circumstances out of my control, I can't listen to them locally before buying until after the new year but I want to get this done before Christmas. One thought I had, was to order one of each from different sellers knowing full well that I'll be returning at least 2 of them (all 3 if I don't like them) but I have reservations about doing that. 

The ones I'm considering are $700 and up so this isn't a thing I take lightly (unless I win the Powerball tomorrow) and there's no way I'm buying headphones that expensive without hearing them first. Am I concerned needlessly? 

Try the Cable Company's lending program http://www.thecableco.com/newsletter-detail.aspx?iid=5822

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Well, I'll be danged. I've never heard of this but as of today I've got my 3 choices on the way. I called them, talked to Joe who explained how the process works and I ordered the headphones. They even pay for return shipping and if I decide none of the headphones work for me I can use the deposit on anything else they sell. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back