The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Dec 14, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #6,571 of 9,972
  Hey guys, quick question for anyone who owns and uses the hd 25-II with the x3: do you use it in high or low gain?
I'm asking this, because today i had the chance to try the hd 25 for a couple minutes. I liked the sound, but it seemed a bit laid back, and that seems odd since many reviews depict them as a forward sounding headphone (even Tyll Hertsens says so). I actually feared i might have found them to be too bright for me. But i was a bit in a hurry (tried them in a shop in the train station, had some spare minutes before the train arrival, so i decied to take a look), and tried them only in low gain. Does anything change in high gain?

Anyone? It would be of grat help, as the hd-25 are on my list of possible headphones to buy!

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #6,572 of 9,972
  Anyone? It would be of grat help, as the hd-25 are on my list of possible headphones to buy!

I have used HD25 with X3II, low gain was sufficient. They're an excellent headphone, one worth owning long-term.

Personally though I enjoyed my HD25 more from FiiO X1. Found the synergy a better match. When I received X3II I was excited because the big day had arrived to upgrade my HD25 from FiiO X1. That didn't happen.

This one time late at night in the dark, I reached for X3II, plugged them into an IEM and happily listened away for an hour. Only later when I switched the lights on I had been listening to FiiO X1 the entire time. ( I never knew)

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #6,573 of 9,972
At last...placed order for x3ii today.Now living through the hardest period after online purchase, waiting and checking shipping status every 2hrly :yum:
Btw, for the micro sd card,is 48MB/s reading speed enough or should I definitely go for 80MB/s ones for optimum lagfree performance?

I know what you mean..it's always hard waiting for the delivery. I think 48 mb/s card is good enough. I don't notice much lag on mine if any at all. I had the X5ii for awhile and the lag on that was quite noticeable (not why I sold it though).

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #6,574 of 9,972
I know this has been mentioned in the past but I gotta bring it up again.  The latest firmware fix included accuracy of the scroll wheel and I gotta say, the improvement is huge.  I love that the physical turn is tied to the screen.  Great job Fiio!!!!

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #6,575 of 9,972
  I know this has been mentioned in the past but I gotta bring it up again.  The latest firmware fix included accuracy of the scroll wheel and I gotta say, the improvement is huge.  I love that the physical turn is tied to the screen.  Great job Fiio!!!!

I thought it had to be a hardware problem. They really did do a great job.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #6,576 of 9,972
At last...placed order for x3ii today.Now living through the hardest period after online purchase, waiting and checking shipping status every 2hrly :yum:
Btw, for the micro sd card,is 48MB/s reading speed enough or should I definitely go for 80MB/s ones for optimum lagfree performance?

I've been using a 64GB 48MB/s Sandisk microSD card in my X3II no problem at all. No need to pay the extra for the faster card.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #6,577 of 9,972
I've been using a 64GB 48MB/s Sandisk microSD card in my X3II no problem at all. No need to pay the extra for the faster card.
Thanks for the advice mate. I have already placed order for a 64gb 48MB/s Sandisk ultra sdxc card,that gray colored one. :blush:
Btw, is there any particular in-PC formatting procedure I should follow or intra device formatting is the best method? I read somewhere in this thread that fat32 formatting supports upto 32gb memory only and x3ii having difficulty recognizing the whole 64gb memory.. :anguished:

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #6,578 of 9,972
Thanks for the advice mate. I have already placed order for a 64gb 48MB/s Sandisk ultra sdxc card,that gray colored one. :blush:
Btw, is there any particular in-PC formatting procedure I should follow or intra device formatting is the best method? I read somewhere in this thread that fat32 formatting supports upto 32gb memory only and x3ii having difficulty recognizing the whole 64gb memory.. :anguished:

I formatted the microSD card in the X3II and I have it just about full with no problem accessing any of the music.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #6,579 of 9,972

Format your card in the player and you won't have any problems.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #6,580 of 9,972
Got my X3ii 3hrs back. Superb construction.confident inspiring Heft and material quality. Very impressive initial impression indeed. Updated to 1.4fw right away, everything is functioning smooth n fine. Out of the box sound quality with m6 pro couldn't blow me away.flac n 320kbps mp3 sounded pretty much at par Compared to custom eq n bbe equipped C2. Although, Higher power output could be felt with my other headphones right away. Either I was expecting too much from this lil Beauty or (most probably) I need more time with the beast along with few nice tunes to fully realize its true potential. :blush:

Btw, x3ii came with already applied screen guard and aftr peeling off the outer layer i really had hard time to realise there was a screen protector present already, it was so nicely aligned. Nice touch of detail there,Fiio :ok_hand:

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #6,581 of 9,972
Got my X3ii 3hrs back. Superb construction.confident inspiring Heft and material quality. Very impressive initial impression indeed. Updated to 1.4fw right away, everything is functioning smooth n fine. Out of the box sound quality with m6 pro couldn't blow me away.flac n 320kbps mp3 sounded pretty much at par Compared to custom eq n bbe equipped C2. Although, Higher power output could be felt with my other headphones right away. Either I was expecting too much from this lil Beauty or (most probably) I need more time with the beast along with few nice tunes to fully realize its true potential. :blush:

Btw, x3ii came with already applied screen guard and aftr peeling off the outer layer i really had hard time to realise there was a screen protector present already, it was so nicely aligned. Nice touch of detail there,Fiio :ok_hand:

It's definitely a quality product...well built and sounds great. Whether the sound is your cup of tea is something you have to decide...hopefully it will grow on you. Enjoy your X3ii!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back