The Focal Elex Lands at Headphones.com and it's $599!
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23
We're thrilled to announce that Headphones.com now officially carries the Focal Elex! And the best part? It can be had for a limited time at $599 with our 365-day return policy and customer support from Alan, Sam, April and myself!

Grab your pair of Focal Elex here

Elex 8 2500.jpg

Questions or concerns? Feel free to e-mail us at info@headphones.com or pop into our live chat and we'd be happy to answer!

The Focal Elex is in stock and shipping today!

Learn more here

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 28, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 23
Congrats. It is a great headphone. In my top two for a few years. Until I bought my OG Clear's from you.:relaxed:

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 23
Hello, how will you handle the technical support against failed drivers? It is the most important thing when talking about the Focal Elex, I think there is no headset so prone to failure.
It has certainly been Widely reported. But how often has it happened in real life? I would be very curious to know the answer to that.

Is it still a Drop product? Or are headphones.com dealing directly with Focal as in the Clear's and Radiance's?
If so...full Focal warranty?

I would be surprised if Drop gave these up. They were my favourite Drop product ever.

Jul 28, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 23
Hello, how will you handle the technical support against failed drivers? It is the most important thing when talking about the Focal Elex, I think there is no headset so prone to failure.
Driver failure (and narratives around QC, Focal or otherwise) tend to be widely overblown compared to actual occurrences. People talk about headbands snapping on Focal headphones but on the Clear alone, I can tell you thousands have been sold by us alone in the last 3 years and I can count on one hand how many snapped headbands we've had to deal with.

It's not as much about the failure as it is about how the failure is dealt with and I'm happy to say we're always happy to help our customers whether they are in warranty or out of warranty!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 28, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 23
Driver failure (and narratives around QC, Focal or otherwise) tend to be widely overblown compared to actual occurrences. People talk about headbands snapping on Focal headphones but on the Clear alone, I can tell you thousands have been sold by us alone in the last 3 years and I can count on one hand how many snapped headbands we've had to deal with.

It's not as much about the failure as it is about how the failure is dealt with and I'm happy to say we're always happy to help our customers whether they are in warranty or out of warranty!
I just clicked on the link and these are now just a Focal product and have the full warranty!
You guys will do VERY well with these.

Will this be the way forward for you guys after you are out of OG Clear's?
If $599.00 allows a good margin you will make out like crazy with these. Or maybe even $699.00?

Drop was stupid to give these up. I wonder if it was related to the new ownership?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 23

according to what you said I must be an unlucky guy. All 3 secondhand Elex deals I had getting problems with distorted drivers. So I quitted and have never could own one:frowning2:

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 23
We're thrilled to announce that Headphones.com now officially carries the Focal Elex! And the best part? It can be had for a limited time at $599 with our 365-day return policy and customer support from Alan, Sam, April and myself!

Grab your pair of Focal Elex here

Elex 8 2500.jpg

Questions or concerns? Feel free to e-mail us at info@headphones.com or pop into our live chat and we'd be happy to answer!

The Focal Elex is in stock and shipping today!

Learn more here

Always wanted one of these (or an Elear with Clear's pads), but I've viewed Drop as a shaky partner. So I'll look you guys up around Black Friday and see if there is an attractive on-sale price then. Cheers!

Jul 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #14 of 23
according to what you said I must be an unlucky guy. All 3 secondhand Elex deals I had getting problems with distorted drivers. So I quitted and have never could own one:frowning2:
Manufacturers can’t really account for second hand sales as there is no way for them to tell how they were treated by their previous owners.

I get that buying new isn’t always possible for everyone though so just an unfortunate situation all around!

Jul 30, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #15 of 23

Totally agree that it’s all about how any issues are dealt with. I, unfortunately, had an issue with my Elexs (bough from Drop) and was covered by warranty. These are greats headphones - I preferred mine to the Clear OG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back