The Golden Triangle: A short impression between T50p, DT1350 & T51p
Jan 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

autumnholy

100+ Head-Fier
Beyerdynamic has just released its t51p, a refreshed version of t50p. It looks very similar to t50p, and only under close inspection can you circle the differences. Today I'd like to make a short note (for anyone interested to read) about:

The perceived difference between t50p, DT1350, and t51p

DT1350 has been thrown into the conversation as they look almost the same, and all are portable offerings from Beyerdynamic and under similar price bracket. Before comparing, I'd like to point out a few quick impression upon listening to the latest t51p.

It sounds: Clean , Punchy bass , V-shaped

Well, Let's take a side by side comparison (whatever comes into mind):

t51p vs t50p:
1. Price (t50p is cheaper over here).
2. Comfort (t51p is more comfortable due to the lower clamping force of the headphone band. Upon closer comparison, you can see that the shape of the headphone band is slightly different, with the t51p slightly wider. The thickness of the headphone band is thicker on t50p, and a little heavier. Therefore, t51p is less pressing on my skulls, and I hardly felt its presence on my head. Both have quite similar pads to my eyes. Well, it may get hot on long hour usage).
3. Sound Signature (to me, t50p is more bassy, narrower sound stage, more forward sounding, and less clear. t51p is all that's opposite, obviously, to my perception. I prefer t51p more than t50p on this regard)

t51p vs DT1350:
1. Price (t51p is cheaper over here).
2. Comfort (again as above, t51p is more comfortable to wear. DT1350 clamps strongly on my skull, so it's quite uncomfortable to me. Well, take note that t51p has left-right cables, and dt1350's cable is just left sided.This may affect you if you move around a lot, and the low clamping force may not be suitable if you move vigorously).
3. Sound Signature (again, t51p is less bassy, wider sound stage, less forward sounding, and more clear. Both have v-shaped signature to me. Between t50p and dt1350, i prefer dt1350 as i think it is less bassy on the tracks i listened. Perhaps I haven't touched its peak? One thing for sure, both don't lack in bass.)

That's all. Thanks for reading.

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Thanks for this review. Although its an old thread, but i wanted to review the T51p headphone. I have a DT-1350 and was reading on headfonia that the T51p is a better headphone compared to the 1350.
Not sure, i am mainly concerned with the sound quality.
SOund wise how do u compare T51p to dt-1350? should i keep my 1350 or sell them and get the T51p?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back