The hate on beats, why?
Jan 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #151 of 1,217
Funny story about Beats that really opened my eyes. When my younger co-worker started shopping for a new pair of headphones, he wouldn't consider any headphone that wasn't endorsed by a rap artist. I steered him towards workhorses by Shure and AKG, and offered to sell him my used D2000's. None of these had the "bling" factor he was looking for, sound quality was secondary. He finally picked up a pair of Skullcandy Aviators which don't sound too bad but are still very shiny.

Now everyone that visits our office is wowed by his shiny headphones. They listen to his Skullcandy's straight out of his PC and declare them to be superior to my TH600's driven by a Burson Conductor SL 9018. So the moral is, buy whatever you want in accordance with whatever category (looks, sound, cost, reputation) is most important to you.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #152 of 1,217
I think the folks listening to enjoy music and those listening to analyze it get caught up in the same threads here and the messages get mixed.

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #153 of 1,217
TMZ like to post pictures of stars using LV bags as transport luggage and laugh at them.  This is the same mentality here.  Of course Samsonite is a better choice, but there are people that happened to like that Louis Vuitton brand and willing to pay an extra 0 to the price tag.  If headphones re-create an audio environment, I believe Beats are the best that creates an environment which you pop the trunk of your car and stick you head in to listen to the subwoofer bass, or going to the club and have your head resting on the function 1.  At least in the headphone industry, most companies are probably jealous what Dre is doing and wish they came up with idea of making headphone a fashion accessory and celebrity endorsement.  But they are a bit thankful that at least wearing big headphone is back so they now update their headphone line with fresh fashionable street look that blends with you while some famous DJ or Sports person tells you how good it sounds.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #156 of 1,217
When you emphasize something like bass in the beats (have you seen the frequency response graphs- its ridiculous its  like the elephant man) you lose out on mids and treble and they don't have anywhere near the clarity REAL headphones in their price range would have. 

But I get that sound. I understand the visceral bass reaction. The point is you could do a lot better for the price range.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #157 of 1,217
When you emphasize something like bass in the beats (have you seen the frequency response graphs- its ridiculous its  like the elephant man) you lose out on mids and treble and they don't have anywhere near the clarity REAL headphones in their price range would have. 

But I get that sound. I understand the visceral bass reaction. The point is you could do a lot better for the price range.
I'm still waiting on this magical "Do better at the price range" So again, tell me a headphone that has the same or better features as the Studio 2013 that has the fun, clean musical sound and portablity?

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #158 of 1,217
  If you wear Beats you're a clueless tool who blindly follows what everyone else does, also if you wear them and ENJOY them you have not experienced good quality headphones and everyone here at Head-Fi secretly pities you.

When you buy these trash phones you are really just buying into a marketing scheme and a fashion statement, nothing else.

Dr. Dre simply cashed out on America's stupidity, something that isn't really a new tactic here lol.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, you really told them off!
Good for you.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #159 of 1,217
I don't know about u guys but I noticed women care a lot about design.

Beats are attractively designed.
Although many high end headphones are also attractive in a classic way, most sub 200 dollar headphones look like crap.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #160 of 1,217
These threads crack me up.

Nerd rage is not only childish, silly and petty, but it also makes for an inapprotiately laughable entertainment. 
popcorn.gif

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #161 of 1,217
I'm still waiting on this magical "Do better at the price range" So again, tell me a headphone that has the same or better features as the Studio 2013 that has the fun, clean musical sound and portablity?

Primetime86 meet UE6000, say hi UE6000..

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #162 of 1,217
They both actually are the same tier of headphones SQ wise. The Beats Studio 2013 are a bit more Portable then these, have more unique features too.

Next :wink:

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #163 of 1,217

Oh I'm with you regarding the misuse of the word "better" but now you're just being silly.

Their price range is overcrowded with similar 'fun-sounding' / 'stylish' headphones that are also portable, such as KEF M500, V-MODA M100, Sennheiser Momentum/Momentum On-Ears, AKG K545

All of these have similar levels of portability.

(well actually I shouldn't comment on the sound of KEFs or the AKGs since I haven't listened to them yet)

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #164 of 1,217
  They both actually are the same tier of headphones SQ wise. The Beats Studio 2013 are a bit more Portable then these They both fold the same way and go into a case, have more unique features too. Like wut? Different colors? Well, beats do list "Feel the music" as a feature and Logitech didn't so I guess that's something the UE6000 don't have... Okay you win this one.

Next :wink:

But they're under $100
I do like the new studio, I like everything about the new studio, but I'll pick the UE6000 anyday over the studio. Why pay more when you can have the same thing for way less? 

magical "Do better at the price range"

same or better features as the Studio 2013 that has the fun, clean musical sound and portablity?

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #165 of 1,217

Oh I'm with you regarding the misuse of the word "better" but now you're just being silly.

Their price range is overcrowded with similar 'fun-sounding' / 'stylish' headphones that are also portable, such as KEF M500, V-MODA M100, Sennheiser Momentum/Momentum On-Ears, AKG K545

All of these have similar levels of portability.

(well actually I shouldn't comment on the sound of KEFs or the AKGs since I haven't listened to them yet)

Yes very silly...We have a thread full of stuck up wannabe "audiophiles" that think they are superior because they have a brand of headphone that isn't mainstream and feel the need to bash the most well known headphone brand on the planet by the masses that may not be the most accurate but they are a success and decent.

In the UK the beats Studio 2013 is £269

M100 £270

UE9000 £220-£299 (Amazon-Apple)

Momentum £230-£260

out of these Headphones the beats Studios has the most features of any of these Headphones, The 9000 is close but they are not nearly as portable or stylish to a lot of people than the Studio.

The M100 and momentum have no where near the features that the Beats have neither are they as Fun sounding. The Momentum is a warm, balanced phone with a hint of dryness in the Mids with a congested soundstage, decent Bass but it's very mellow. The M100 has powerful Bass but lacks musicality in the Mids and Treble. it's quite dull sounding here and the Mid range is quite unusual for a £270 phone because it sounds like it's coming through a tunnel.

UE9000 are probably my choice for overall sound, it's fun, clean and just am musical headset.

The Studio 2013 fit between the UE9000 and M100 for overall quality.

SQ
UE9000>Momentum> Studio 2013/V-Moda M100

Enjoyment
UE9000>Beats Studio 2013>Momentum>M100

Features
Studio 2013>UE90000>M100>Momentum

All are the same tier with Differences and this is of course my opinion on how they stack up

Denon D600 > All :wink:

But seriously Complete package  UE9000>Studio 2013>M100>Momentum

I picked the UE9000 because it's features/price ratio currently but the Studio 2013 as a portable headset with control features on the cups mixed with it's portability, Warm bassy, fun sound good looks and noise cancelling make this a very competitive headphone. If you want to call these overpriced, call the M100, Momentum, UE9000, AKG K545 and the KEF M500 which I've heard, very good sounding but dull as a door nail! overpriced too.

I forgot, you just told me I'm being silly so this is irrelevant because these are beats and they are Mudddddddyyyyy and beats and overpriced and you can get better at the price range and they sound like apple ear buds and they suck because they are overpriced and suck and overpriced and muddy and sound really bad..Did I miss anything? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back