The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
May 19, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #1,142 of 1,168
Any comparisons of the Elite vs Fiio q15 would be very appreciated.
Hi there @RIGATIO
We talked much on Monarch MkII thread nice to see your posts about DC Elite here.

I know its old post but anyone have more impressions between the two?
I ready that staging is wider on Elite.

I still don't know if I need want the DC Elite, but reviews are calling me to jump in.
Anyone can share how the DC Elite comparison with WM1A / WM1Z more?
And Fiio M17 if someone have experiences between them too.
Appreciate in advance!

May 19, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,143 of 1,168
Hi there @RIGATIO
We talked much on Monarch MkII thread nice to see your posts about DC Elite here.

I still don't know if I need want the DC Elite, but reviews are calling me to jump in.
Appreciate in advance!
The WM1Z is warmer sounding. The Elite is more transparent, with better separation and depth. Also l like the bass line on the Elite more and detail.

May 19, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #1,144 of 1,168
The WM1Z is warmer sounding. The Elite is more transparent, with better separation and depth. Also l like the bass line on the Elite more and detail.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Do you think the Elite is "better" source than WM1Z if my priorities are on this order :
1. Soundstage width and depth
2. Imaging precision and layering (and space between instruments)
3. Treble extensions
4. Details
5. Bass impact and quality
6. Lush and thick mids
7. Overall timbre
8. Other factors

I love the staging presentation presented by my M17 but as you know this brick is heavy and isn't portable by any meaning. I want something really portable with at least close presentation to it especially on staging and imaging and layering parts.

Btw I have DC06 pro incoming just for the sake of trying before decided to grab the Elite, ans I heard Fiio KA17 also have great staging and imaging too. Let me know if you have listened to it as well, and for that, thanks again.

May 19, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #1,145 of 1,168
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Do you think the Elite is "better" source than WM1Z if my priorities are on this order :
1. Soundstage width and depth
2. Imaging precision and layering (and space between instruments)
3. Treble extensions
4. Details
5. Bass impact and quality
6. Lush and thick mids
7. Overall timbre
8. Other factors

I love the staging presentation presented by my M17 but as you know this brick is heavy and isn't portable by any meaning. I want something really portable with at least close presentation to it especially on staging and imaging and layering parts.

Btw I have DC06 pro incoming just for the sake of trying before decided to grab the Elite, ans I heard Fiio KA17 also have great staging and imaging too. Let me know if you have listened to it as well, and for that, thanks again.
I think so but I would not call the mids lush. They are honest and not overripe. You get the more lush mids with the WM1Z but I also think it obscures some of the detail and quality of the recording.

May 19, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,146 of 1,168
Hi there @RIGATIO

Appreciate in advance!
I dont have the Sony but have the AK sp1000 and the Elite performs on a similar level, just slightly behind in stage width, treble extension and perfect neutrality.
I could hear the differences when comparing A/B but in isolation, the Elite doesnt lack anything. This is the only dongle that can replace most daps in the price bracket up to 1500e. I repeat it again- after having many IBasso daps, the Elite is their best product to date. And it costs like a lower mid tier dap. Insanity.

May 20, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #1,147 of 1,168
I have a weird problem with my DC06.
It worked fine until a couple of days ago.
However if I plug it to any iPhone the message says:

Cannot use accessory.
BRAVO HD FW Update: this a accessory requires too much power.

What is this? And why? I tried to plug into my GF’s phone, and the same message appears.
I googled bravo hd fw, it seems to be in relation to Tempotec Sonata hardware, not the ibasso dc06.

May 20, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #1,148 of 1,168
Thanks all, my DC06 is on shipping but I just couldn't resist and accidentally pressed BUY button on DC Elite.
Joining the club soon.

Btw seems there are lot of problem with DC06 that occurs. Is it only IOS devices problems?

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #1,149 of 1,168
I want something really portable with at least close presentation to it especially on staging and imaging and layering parts.
I'm just after comparing ru7 and elite. Maybe this will help you indirectly:
DC Elite vs. RU7
Dc Elite: very dynamic, more accurate, faster bass, slightly cooler presentation - e.g. with Monarch MkIII it is worth trying the d2 filter and SE, but with Noble Audio Sultan not necessarily. The weak point and at the same time its greatest advantage is the potentiometer, you have to get used to it.
RU7: slightly wider stage, warmer, slightly more advanced midrange, but not as accurate, slightly longer and slower bass. The weak point is the unconvincing SE out.

DC elite is very dynamic and I think it can be easily compared with stationary solutions. Thanks to this, the stage is ok, although it is constructed in a way that we would call it intimate. The overall musical image is very rich and realistic, with strong bass and great detail. DC is more universal because it handles large headphones very well, including more difficult planars (even through SE). Playing through the midrange can be pleasant and musical, but it can also hide too much detail (you miss it later :L3000:). If I had to choose, it would only be DC Elite. Please remember that sometimes the choice of tips will be important (e.g. in M mkIII).

May 20, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #1,151 of 1,168
I'm just after comparing ru7 and elite. Maybe this will help you indirectly:
DC Elite vs. RU7
Dc Elite: very dynamic, more accurate, faster bass, slightly cooler presentation - e.g. with Monarch MkIII it is worth trying the d2 filter and SE, but with Noble Audio Sultan not necessarily. The weak point and at the same time its greatest advantage is the potentiometer, you have to get used to it.
RU7: slightly wider stage, warmer, slightly more advanced midrange, but not as accurate, slightly longer and slower bass. The weak point is the unconvincing SE out.

DC elite is very dynamic and I think it can be easily compared with stationary solutions. Thanks to this, the stage is ok, although it is constructed in a way that we would call it intimate. The overall musical image is very rich and realistic, with strong bass and great detail. DC is more universal because it handles large headphones very well, including more difficult planars (even through SE). Playing through the midrange can be pleasant and musical, but it can also hide too much detail (you miss it later :L3000:). If I had to choose, it would only be DC Elite. Please remember that sometimes the choice of tips will be important (e.g. in M mkIII).

I don't remember if you had taken the ROHM module for the XD05.

If so, have you made a comparison with the XD05?

May 20, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #1,152 of 1,168
I don't remember if you had taken the ROHM module for the XD05.

If so, have you made a comparison with the XD05?
My xd05 pro is still under repair (for a long time). I don't have the rohm module, but I'm sure it's a completely different implementation. Dc elite is very bassy, dynamic, detailed and has a slightly recessed midrange, but this is actually very good for W-shaped headphones. From what I read, rohm in xd05 pro is a dac with an emphasized midrange, for vocal lovers. So the differences will be significant, especially since it can be combined with different types of opamps. I probably won't choose Rohm XD05 Pro. I'll wait for R2R. I can say one thing with great confidence: the source is important, transport is also very important, but the headphones themselves are much more important and this segment is worth investing the most in. I'm listening to NA Sultan now on the old LG V30 and I'm getting exactly the vibe we're all looking for in this game 😉 .

May 21, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #1,155 of 1,168
For those with the DC Elite and want to charge while using it, the DDHIFI little usb-c splitter for this works perfectly, since the volume does have the guard on it. See photo.

PXL_20240521_174146812-EDIT (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back