The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #6,722 of 22,458
Sticker shock aside at least there's an option to not be "obsolete".

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #6,724 of 22,458
Jun 22, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #6,726 of 22,458
seriously?..you are the selling the Phi to buy the Phi with a new paint job?

Just for collecting a special edition, because as Joe also stated this is the last version for Abyss, i do not upgrade for any other hypothetic SQ matter i can ensure you. ✌️

Often a special edition is always going to gain in value later on, even if its just the paint and pads.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #6,728 of 22,458
How much would it cost to send your frame back for a new paint job?

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #6,732 of 22,458
Would you trust them to pull apart your very expensive planars and reassemble them after painting?

Exactly, Mulder has good point. They will just take regular pair and add another layer of colour based on your choice, which will add weight and headphones will also lose features which are behind "no resonance", which have been taken in mind during development.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #6,734 of 22,458
Not EC ZDS , but the Studio, and the EC ZDS is to weak in output power in this case with 650 mW just. You will get a very detailed, high resolutioned sound with some warmth, but not overwhelmingly alot. Mybe the ZDS is more gentle than the studio perhaps.

The Abyss likes Tube-amps , but i can not recommend it for the Abyss, if your Abyss is your No. 1 headphone.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #6,735 of 22,458
Not EC ZDS , but the Studio, and the EC ZDS is to weak in output power in this case with 650 mW just. You will get a very detailed, high resolutioned sound with some warmth, but not overwhelmingly alot. Mybe the ZDS is more gentle than the studio perhaps.

The Abyss likes Tube-amps , but i can not recommend it for the Abyss, if your Abyss is your No. 1 headphone.

This is not true at all, the studio easily drives the Abyss OG. I run it at about 1 oclock on the volume knob.
Also it's an excellent pairing, the studio was tested extensively with the abyss during it's development.

EDIT: I have heard that the ZDS (some of the variations) is not sufficient nor a good pairing with the OG Abyss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back