The Liquid Crimson compared to the Liquid Glass.
Dec 17, 2015 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

reddog

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello everyone, I spontaneously ordered Cavalli Audio's Liquid Glass and I am very happy that I did. I burned in the Liquid Glass for
200 hours, and I was shocked how good it sounded. This superb transparent amp, seems to squeeze the unique characteristics of the tube used, without adding to that unique tube sound. Just with the stock tubes, the bass is so powerful, with such impact, that the bass monster in me was purring like a kitten. I could not get over how good the bass was in Frank Zappa's ONE SIZE FITS ALL, so tight and impactfull, yet it never leaks into the mids. The mids are sweet and lush, yet so delicately revealing. Vocals by Kate Bush or Danny Elfman sound sweet as well as articulate. The instrumentation is spot on perfect. Each instrument is so natural sounding, without and any undo bias from the amp. The highs through the stock, tubes are fantastic, no sign of the mids leaking into the highs. And the highs show no fatiguing sybilance, at least from the tubes used. The sound stage is quite large, both right and left, as well as forward and backward. The soundstage is very detailed and transparent, thus quite holographic. Pink Floyd's DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, just sounds beguiling, from the three-dimensional holographic soundstage. After I had been listening to this Magical amp, my Liquid Crimson finally arrived.
Likewise I burned in the Liquid Crimson for over 200 hours, using the stock Gold Lion tube. The Liquid Crimson is a hybrid solid-state tube amp, that combines the sound signature of the tube, with its solid-state buffer to create a synergy of sound. The overall sound signature, is sweet and revealing. The bass is powerful, yet does not muddy up the mids. I really enjoyed listening to the bass in Led Zepplin's Bron-Aur-Stomp or Kashmir. These tracks had me stomping my foot up and down, as I jammed out to the music. Likewise the mids are smooth and sweet sounding, yet natural sounding. Jazz and blues sound so realistic and natural. Dave Brubeck and Charles Mingus sound sublime. The highs sound just right coming out of the Liquid Crimson. Compared to my other hybrid amps ( Lyr2, MJ2) the Liquid Crimson has the best soundstage, especially going from right to left. The soundstage is pretty detailed and holographic. Groups like Vangelis, Tomita and Negativeland all sound very good with this extra wide, rectangular sound stage. The Liquid Crimson is a very nice hybrid solid-state tube headphone amp.
Equipment Used​
I connected my MacBook Pro to my Yggdrasil and then the dac to both amps.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Hello last night I was jamming out, using my Yggdrasil and Liquid Glass, to drive my ETHER, and was in heaven. However I decided to hook up my neglected Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm headphones, to the the LG, and was very happy with how it sounded. The Dt 880's never sounded better, the bass was nice, good impact without mudding up the mids. The mids were nice ( the ETHER's mids are lusher and sweeter), smooth and detailed. The highs are good, with no sybilance, while using this set up. I was just surprised how nice the DT 880's sounded. I will try to use them more often. But my favorite headphone is still the ETHER C's.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back