The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Aug 25, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #421 of 1,080
Quote:
But Henderson will be more entertaining. 
biggrin.gif

the potential knockout power would have been interesting. while i dont think he would have won it would have been a beautiful fight if he just happen get a lucky punch and knock out jones. to bad. i was really excited for the fight too.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #422 of 1,080
Quote:
the potential knockout power would have been interesting. while i dont think he would have won it would have been a beautiful fight if he just happen get a lucky punch and knock out jones. to bad. i was really excited for the fight too.

Don't forget that Hendo is also a wrestler, not just someone with a big right hand. That might play a part in the fight. Unfortunately he has got a huge disadvantage in reach and athleticism.

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #425 of 1,080
Quote:
to me (even i am not any expert of fan of ufc) Belfort is not going to win against Jones.

Unbiased opinion from a Brazilian!

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #426 of 1,080
Yeah:-D
Many people in Brazil admit that even weighting categories and experience in middle-weight experience left aside,jone is a more fighter than Belfort.Me personally i think he talks to much good about himself and his full belief in evangelism.but ,just my opinion.
I am more a fan of Big Country Nelson than Belfort,the guy is like Homer Simpson,he can win just tiring his opponent by letting him have all the beat.haha.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #427 of 1,080
I am a fan of big country too. I have never seen a fat guy who can move so fast or has so much energy. 
I don't think Vitor has much of a chance either. He needs to just go for broke and try to knock Jones out early- actually I am not even sure that is a good tactic, but it is still better than him being negative like some of the fights we saw before.

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #431 of 1,080
Well, I think I could have predicted every outcome of that one.  Maybe.  

That little Mighty Mouse fella is something else.  

Jones was Jones.  I wanted to see him get rocked, but it just doesn't happen (but once) cause he can defend very well.

I forget the rest.  Oh, Matt Hamill, that was good, I was cheering for him.

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #432 of 1,080
Man, that armbar was tight, he had him good. Maybe Vitor should've been more ruthless and just broke it. I thought I saw him get a few good shots in..

Jon Jones was being careless and made a few mistakes. He's getting cockier every fight like Anderson Silva, to a point where you want to stop cheering for him and go for the underdog. Speaking of the Spider, can they just make that fight happen already? Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva, that's a fight I want to watch!

If it does comes down, I think I'd put my money on the spider, just because he has more experience. maybe...

Mighty Mouse is damn fast. Benavidez is a good fighter, but damn. Mighty Mouse so quick.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #434 of 1,080
Quote:
He's getting cockier every fight like Anderson Silva, to a point where you want to stop cheering for him and go for the underdog. 

Oh, he's already crossed that line a long time ago. At least for me. I always root against him - but I have to admit that he has loosened up a little bit ever since his drunk driving, ducking Chael and so on. When interviewed by Ariel, he seemed pretty relaxed and not so uptight about him being a gift from God to us mortals. So relaxed that I wonder if he has stopped clinching that stick up his ass with his cheeks...

Admittedly though, I don't think I'll ever like him. Not so much for beating some of my favorite fighters, I mean, it's just MMA - not that big of a deal. Not so much for being the cockiest fighter since Tank Abbott (and Tank had humour) either, because well, all fighters have to be cocky somehow, and some fighters just like to be a little more cocky than others. But a lot because of his driving and crashing his car under influence. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #435 of 1,080
Silva vs Jones doesn't make sense, Jones would ***** him up, GSP vs Silva is better idea. After JDS will put Cain again to sleep I can't wait for the fight between him and Overeem, that will be badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back