The most analytical DAC you've heard?
Oct 29, 2010 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dasmodul

100+ Head-Fier
What's everyone's vote for the most analytical DAC out there? Looking for something to add some resolution to my setup.

Beyerdynamic T1 (Balanced)
Zana Deux Transformer
DAC Magic

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 13
With all respect, but I'm listening to the REF5 right now (Leonard Cohen, Songs from the Road), and I would not describe it as analytical. It is even slightly warm and midoriented,very musical, detailed but not by an edgy midtreble, bass isn't that structured, soundstage is wall- of- sound, which I like.

Before I had the Meier StageDAC, now there is an analytical dac; enormous soundstage with pinpoint images, very extended and pronunceated frequency extremes, if a player slides his fingers across his guitar snare you would hear it loud and clear; spectacular, but not my thing at all, no true tonality, misses the flow, but extremely analytical.

My ears, my system, ymmv.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 13
Ofc each has its own perception. I have compared it with DacMagic which to me sounds much more musical but not as detailed. Kingwa mentions that his ACSS equipment is aimed at accuracy and neutrality and diamond differential equipment is the more musical sounding.

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 13
Yeah, I absolutely love my setup with the DacMagic, but i was spoiled with a AKG 702 just before I got the T1s and could use just a tiny bit more details in some recordings. I also have a high threshold for 'analytical' sounds. I actually like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 13
LavryDA10 more analytical than Benchmark DAC1?

Oct 30, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #10 of 13
Interesting. I own a StageDAC and but I don't have much experience with other DACs. Your comment has certainly piqued my interest in the Audio GD lineup
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
With all respect, but I'm listening to the REF5 right now (Leonard Cohen, Songs from the Road), and I would not describe it as analytical. It is even slightly warm and midoriented,very musical, detailed but not by an edgy midtreble, bass isn't that structured, soundstage is wall- of- sound, which I like.

Before I had the Meier StageDAC, now there is an analytical dac; enormous soundstage with pinpoint images, very extended and pronunceated frequency extremes, if a player slides his fingers across his guitar snare you would hear it loud and clear; spectacular, but not my thing at all, no true tonality, misses the flow, but extremely analytical.

My ears, my system, ymmv.

Oct 30, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 13
buffalo should be cheaper no? Do you really need the amp section on the DA11? There are better amp solutions out there. Just my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back