The New Enleum AMP-23R Amplifier (Successor to Bakoon AMP-13R) Thread
Dec 1, 2021 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,892

MacedonianHero

Headphone.Guru Editor
Well, I've had this amplifier for a few days now for a review and I am so thoroughly impressed! It has so far driven both the Audeze LCD-5 and Hifiman Susvara brilliantly! The sound is quite ethereal, with plenty of dynamics and punch. Anyone wanting more bass from either headphone should really give this amplifier a listen....holy moly! Deep, impactful, but still taught and incredibly detailed!

Full specifications and product information can be found here:
https://enleum.com/

1638371183795.png

1638371219729.png

The Susvara are NOT easy to drive headphones and this combination was the best I've heard these headphones yet. It just took things to a whole new level! Next up with be my Abyss AB1266 Phi TC and I'll report back with my findings soon. With a dead black background, this amplifier has a lot of promise and I am going to really enjoy this review for Headphone.Guru.

Something to definitely keep on your radar!

Dec 1, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 1,892
How does this compare with the Headtrip iI or Bakoon 13R.
I'm only a few days in, but I do prefer it to the 13R with improved resolution and detail. I've only heard the HeadTrip II at meets (and that was a while ago). I really enjoyed my time with it, but this new amplifier is something special for sure. More to come...

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 1,892
Any noise or hiss with easy to drive headphones such as the Utopia?

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 1,892
This amp can be purchased with or without an isolation device. What is the isolation device and how does it affect SQ?

Dec 1, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 1,892
Well, I've had this amplifier for a few days now for a review and I am so thoroughly impressed! It has so far driven both the Audeze LCD-5 and Hifiman Susvara brilliantly! The sound is quite ethereal, with plenty of dynamics and punch. Anyone wanting more bass from either headphone should really give this amplifier a listen....holy moly! Deep, impactful, but still taught and incredibly detailed!

Full specifications and product information can be found here:
https://enleum.com/

1638371183795.png
1638371219729.png

The Susvara are NOT easy to drive headphones and this combination was the best I've heard these headphones yet. It just took things to a whole new level! Next up with be my Abyss AB1266 Phi TC and I'll report back with my findings soon. With a dead black background, this amplifier has a lot of promise and I am going to really enjoy this review for Headphone.Guru.

Something to definitely keep on your radar!
Are you using it in the high gain mode for Susvara?

Dec 1, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 1,892
Dec 1, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 1,892
Dec 1, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 1,892
There is no High/Low gain selection. It drives the Susvara without breaking any sweat and has plenty of headroom to spare.
Actually, there's a gain selection that you can set with the remote controller.

Hold the mode button on the remote controller (the O button in the middle) for 3 seconds. The LEDs will start blinking. With the up/down buttons on the remote, choose V1 or V2. V1 is low gain and V2 is high gain. Press the mode button again for 3 seconds to set it.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 1,892
But I think gain is set only for headphone output.

No idea on that part. If I remember correctly, that was the case for 13R. The 23R manual doesn't mention that the gain setting applies only to headphone output, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back