The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 11, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #661 of 2,621
Its 20 years old tech and by now you would think they would come up with something clearly better. It feels like they have got a bit lazy.

Sounds like there's a killing to be made by developing the clearly better HD-600 v2. Why not get that engineering degree and make it happen? You have an extra 20 years of technology advances to lean on. Or you could write to the multitude of headphone companies out there and pitch this fantastic plan: "Make a better HD-600". Boom, so easy, I wonder why everyone is being so lazy.

(Since this is an international forum, yes, to be clear, this is sarcasm on my part.)

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #663 of 2,621
Re EPOS, I noticed that in Europe all gaming items like the GSX 1000, the Game Zero, etc. have changed to the EPOS name. Does this mean Sennheiser is leaving the gaming headset business entirely?
If it was on facebook, our relationship status with EPOS would be "It's complicated." Though amicable. Though there was mutual benefit and sharing between all our divisions, Demant was our gaming division, and now they're EPOS. It's new for us too!

Wow... are there any other headphone makers that reply to forum comments beside Sennheiser? Very cool.

Maybe I should ask you, people from Sennheiser, directly how the soundstage and the bass on the HD 560S compare to my current headphone X2HR lol. I'm most concerned about those things. Of course I will go to the store and test them myself when the HD 560s are available here locally but I'm just being impatient.
Really, it's a 2-way street where we're replying to you and the community is teaching/entertaining/doing business with us. If we can invest at least a little time here, everyone will be happier. Hopefully we can post a firmer shipping update soon for those in North America who are still waiting, and those in other regions. We appreciate your compliment!

With that said, we clearly will have a bias when it comes to our products vs those from other companies. We keep up to date with what other products are on the market, but out of respect for the other companies in our industry, we'll refrain from making comments on products from other brands. However, there is nothing wrong with a description and impressions from the community! If you do get the chance to test them for yourself, there are certainly others with the same question, and that could be your opportunity to help paint the picture of what the HD 560S is and where it fits into the market :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 11, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #665 of 2,621
With that said, we clearly will have a bias when it comes to our products vs those from other companies. We keep up to date with what other products are on the market, but out of respect for the other companies in our industry, we'll refrain from making comments on products from other brands. However, there is nothing wrong with a description and impressions from the community! If you do get the chance to test them for yourself, there are certainly others with the same question, and that could be your opportunity to help paint the picture of what the HD 560S is and where it fits into the market :beerchug:
Not the answer I was hoping for, but a very understandable one.

Impressions from the community often vary so it's quite hard to draw any conclusions. I guess trying the headphones myself is the only way.

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #666 of 2,621
FYI, DYI Audio Heaven also offers passive filters for plenty of headphones, including the 560S. It notches down the 5 - 7K region a bit which might work well?
1602429796971.png
You slippery eel! Why you posted a graph? Now the balded guy with DT770 will make another TikTok about it!

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #667 of 2,621
Not the answer I was hoping for, but a very understandable one.

Impressions from the community often vary so it's quite hard to draw any conclusions. I guess trying the headphones myself is the only way.
I've owned the x2hr twice, most recently sold one about a week ago. I'd be happy to give your comparison details once I receive my 560s. I'm just one dude, but I hold the x2 in high regard, one of my favorites.

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #669 of 2,621
Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #670 of 2,621
I really thought with new driver tech improvements, 560s will bring generational leap after hearing DMS’s thoughts. Better sub bass, better soundstage (where 6x0 lacks but 5xx doesn’t) with similar tonal balance. But 560s still are ment to be a little less (they replied saying so somewhere in this thread). I feel a bit disappointed.

This is why I give little weight to reviewers who strictly do subjective headphone listening tests.

As opposed to those who incorporate measurements into the review as well. I think those who take measurements tend to be more grounded in their subjective listening tests.

For example, so far, DIY Audio Heaven's review seems a better predictor of what people here have shared as their experience with the HD560S

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd-560s/

Oct 11, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #671 of 2,621
This is why I give little weight to reviewers who strictly do subjective headphone listening tests.

As opposed to those who incorporate measurements into the review as well. I think those who take measurements tend to be more grounded in their subjective listening tests.

For example, so far, DIY Audio Heaven's review seems a better predictor of what people here have shared as their experience with the HD560S

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd-560s/
Objective measurements tell part of the story... but not the whole thing. You can't "hear" music on a FR graph, just the volume of sine sweeps.

Oct 11, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #672 of 2,621
Objective measurements tell part of the story... but not the whole thing. You can't "hear" music on a FR graph, just the volume of sine sweeps.

I agree. That's why I like the reviewers who do both, like DIY Audio Heaven.

And definitely NOT that YouTube dude who did all those HD560S videos without even listening to them
facepalm.gif

Oct 11, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #673 of 2,621
I agree. That's why I like the reviewers who do both, like DIY Audio Heaven.

And definitely NOT that YouTube dude who did all those HD560S videos without even listening to them
That dude should seek for some help.
As a matter of fact, that dude is the circus himself. He thinks he's the sorcerer pulling crap from rabbit's their butts by just looking at a graph.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #674 of 2,621
Thanks. Looking forward to your impressions. May I ask why you sold your x2hr?
Honestly, I love the sound of the X2, especially for gaming. But for me they are way too bulky and heavy on the head. I also hate the pads, they get itchy for me and they attract tons of hair & dust, so require frequent cleaning.

If they were in a more compact form factor with better pads I would have definitely kept them.

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #675 of 2,621
Thanks. Looking forward to your impressions. May I ask why you sold your x2hr?
Not a question for me, but I've also had X2HR. Totally different sound signature than Sennheiser, that's why it's worth having both. However with X2 I've had comfort issues couldn't wear them for longer since they have some pretty annoying clamp. Thinking of getting them again solely for movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back