The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 20, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #6,436 of 6,874
To transmit to speaker, do I just cut Bluetooth on?

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #6,437 of 6,874

Sure, turn BT on, select the codec to use, search and pair. The codec will depend on your device. And your device will need to be in pairing mode.

Nov 20, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #6,438 of 6,874

with BT you always have to pair devices. so you put the device into searching mode and the speakers into pairing mode, then select them when they show up and they get paired.

i have never used BT for music yet. i have sony mdr-100a wired headphones. and logitech z625 wired speakers

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #6,439 of 6,874
@Joe Bloggs Could Hiby make the R3 Pro firmware open source?

Then the community could fix the various issues.

Also on Qobuz the album title seems to miss information and many times two albums are treated the same.

And of course there are still many playback issues with error code -13. This is the same issue as for Tidal.

Open sourcing the firmware would be beneficial for everyone.

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #6,440 of 6,874

when i turn on my music player i want the sd card folder view to show immediately. i dont want to have to make 5 clicks before i can get to it

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #6,441 of 6,874

Then the community could fix the various issues.

Also on Qobuz the album title seems to miss information and many times two albums are treated the same.

And of course there are still many playback issues with error code -13. This is the same issue as for Tidal.

Just as the open source community has various licenses requiring any code utilizing them also be open source, there are equivalent (more) licenses on the closed source front requiring any code utilizing them to also be closed source.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 3, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #6,443 of 6,874
when i turn on my music player i want the sd card folder view to show immediately. i dont want to have to make 5 clicks before i can get to it
Exactly. And look at all these empty space in folder view. Why?? Could've fit 8 lines of information in one screen space. If you think we got fat fingers, fine, make the font bigger then.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 20.21.57.png

Does R3 support wipe-right-to-go-back gesture in folder view?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #6,444 of 6,874
Does R3 support wipe-right-to-go-back gesture in folder view?

i have ap80 pro which has firmware by hiby

mainly i just want dark mode, replaygain, folder view, and play through folders, options and it has those so im happy enough

seems like all the players for android force you to build a queue first, because they are too stupid to put a 'play through folders' option in

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #6,445 of 6,874
Firmware 2.1 (Custom) with 65000 limit and other my corrections:

2.1 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
2.1 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

I haven't really tested all the functions that they work normally. If you faced with problems, please, PM me.
Can I use this version to change the limit in an R3 Pro Saber or is this for the regular R3?
I just bought one but didn't realize the limitation even when it supports large cards.
Thank you very much for your help

Jan 8, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #6,446 of 6,874
Can I use this version to change the limit in an R3 Pro Saber or is this for the regular R3?
I just bought one but didn't realize the limitation even when it supports large cards.
For regular R3 only :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #6,447 of 6,874

my ap80 pro (which uses hiby firmeware) has 20 000 track limit i think for metadata indexing

but if you organize your music properly: with genre > subgenre > band > year/album folders then you dont need metadata

i dont even use the indexing

image.png

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #6,448 of 6,874
Has anyone with an R3 just had it straight up die? I've had my unit since 2019 FWIW. About a week or so ago, my R3 just died/turned off and there doesn't appear to be anything I can do to get it back online. List of things I tried below:
  • let it charge for hours/overnight. The small charging/playback LED on the side shows no signs of life either
  • remove/replace SD card
  • hold various power/button sequences for 20-30 seconds each
Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions here? Thanks!

Jan 25, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #6,449 of 6,874
Has anyone with an R3 just had it straight up die? I've had my unit since 2019 FWIW. About a week or so ago, my R3 just died/turned off and there doesn't appear to be anything I can do to get it back online. List of things I tried below:
  • let it charge for hours/overnight. The small charging/playback LED on the side shows no signs of life either
  • remove/replace SD card
  • hold various power/button sequences for 20-30 seconds each
Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions here? Thanks!

Maybe try charging from a computer USB port. I don't know why but sometimes it works for dead batteries. Maybe because of the lower current or attempted data? It may take a long time to kick start, of course. Nothing to lose, right?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #6,450 of 6,874
Maybe try charging from a computer USB port. I don't know why but sometimes it works for dead batteries. Maybe because of the lower current or attempted data? It may take a long time to kick start, of course. Nothing to lose, right?
You wouldn't believe it (or you would ha), but this did the trick! I can't believe I didn't try this earlier, but alas, many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back