The noob asks - do you have to run in headphones?
May 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slim01

New Head-Fier
sorry if the questions already been asked, ive looked and can find no guides... but then i am a noob to head fi.

got some RHA CA200's and they dont sound too great... dont wanna bass em if it gonna hurt em

thanks

May 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 8
This question has been asked a million times on here. Search "headphone burn in" and you will get a lot of threads.

Some people think is necessary and some people think it is a myth and your ears just get used to the sound signature of the headphones over time. I personally don't do any burn in any more when I get new headphones. I listen to them a lot when I first get them anyway so if the sound improves overtime, great. If you are going to burn them in just play them a little louder than normal listening levels and you won't hurt them. Might want to give the drivers a break every couple hours though instead of leaving them on for 15 hours straight or something.

Read the threads and decide for yourself, but if you don' think the sound great, whether or not burn in is real you probably will still think they don't sound great after burning them in. Most people that believe in burn in will even agree that the changes are not huge and if you don't like the headphones when you first listen to them, you probably still won't like them after the have burned-in.

May 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
sorry if the questions already been asked, ive looked and can find no guides... but then i am a noob to head fi.

got some RHA CA200's and they dont sound too great... dont wanna bass em if it gonna hurt em

thanks

Give them a day or two, just listen to them normally... And if you dont like them still then, I would return them/sell them.

Burn-in is definitely not required... They will burn in on your head with time but they should sound at least fine right from the box :)

May 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 8
sound cheers guys, sorry searched for run in not burn in. turns out the few tracks i was listening too were quite distorted anyway, played them on my hifi and didnt sound special (constant distorted treble). Have listened to other tracks and they sound ok, once fiddling with the EQ settings on my HTC.
might get some sony Mdr-V6 or xb500's soon, the rha's are ok but im hoping the sonys will be much much bassier. my mrs will enjoy the rhas FO SHIZZLE

thanks again

May 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
sound cheers guys, sorry searched for run in not burn in. turns out the few tracks i was listening too were quite distorted anyway, played them on my hifi and didnt sound special (constant distorted treble). Have listened to other tracks and they sound ok, once fiddling with the EQ settings on my HTC.

Seems like the problem is not burn-in. Its the headphones, not your cup of tea. 

May 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
lol nah not really, could do with something a bit mmore bassy... any suggestions? i did make another thread but no1 replied to it... maybe too long... oops

What's your budget and music you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back