The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #2,446 of 23,665
Thanks! Have you tried the M20? If so, why do you prefer the M15?
I have used Oscar's U6 and Eros II for my U6 review and agree with him that it is a very good pairing. The M15 reduce the bass a bit and makes the sound more balanced and very natural with great tonality, although the warmth and intimacy of the M20 also had its charm. You can read my review where I have tried to give a good sense of how the sound changes with the different modules and a couple of cables.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #2,447 of 23,665
Got my refit back. I am truly SHOCKED now at how they really disappear in my ears. Never felt anything like this. Andrey (refit tech at 64) is a ****ing magician. Seal is still perfect but now there’s 0 pressure anywhere.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #2,449 of 23,665
Also they were out of my possession for 2.5 days in total, including overnight there and back. If you’re on the fence I say it’s worth it.

So did they just add material, or remove it? They couldn't have done a complete re-shell in that time, right?

I'm glad they're working for you now. May you enjoy them for ages!

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,452 of 23,665
Even my a12 I had previously started to get a little uncomfortable over time, but never thought to send back and just lived with it. This really is crazy great. Zero distractions from the music. No tips to fiddle with, no crappy memory wire (thanks, Effect Audio) and the custom fit is now perfect. Very happy!

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,453 of 23,665
Even my a12 I had previously started to get a little uncomfortable over time, but never thought to send back and just lived with it. This really is crazy great. Zero distractions from the music. No tips to fiddle with, no ****ty memory wire (thanks, Effect Audio) and the custom fit is now perfect. Very happy!
Great to see everything has worked out for you! (...and yes, I hate memory wire with a passion as well! :wink: )

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #2,454 of 23,665
I'll be making my last purchase in the near future to complete my setup - a new 2.5mm termination cable.

I see Effect Audio getting a lot of praise so I've been eyeing up their products. I think for the Fourte I'm going to go with either the Eros II, Lionheart, or Leonidas.

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #2,455 of 23,665
I'll be making my last purchase in the near future to complete my setup - a new 2.5mm termination cable.

I see Effect Audio getting a lot of praise so I've been eyeing up their products. I think for the Fourte I'm going to go with either the Eros II, Lionheart, or Leonidas.
Leo as prescribed by Dr Pinky

Jan 7, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,456 of 23,665
It all depends on the sort of signature you want to lean towards. Leo is for ultimate clarity and transparency, without losing fullness.

Jan 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #2,457 of 23,665
It all depends on the sort of signature you want to lean towards. Leo is for ultimate clarity and transparency, without losing fullness.

I should have included that. I’m not really looking to change the signature too much from the premium cable that is included as I’m content with the way things are. Those three were all recommended to me from an EA employee... anything copper or silver gold to be specific.

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,458 of 23,665
Does anyone have any feedback regarding the synergy of the Fourte with the SP1000 or the WM1Z? Love having a strong bass and sub bass, but I also love natural mids, non fatiguing, airy and detailed treble. What DAPs are you all loving with the Fourtes? I'm trying to trim my system to a DAP and my Fourtes. Thanks for any input.

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #2,459 of 23,665
Does anyone have any feedback regarding the synergy of the Fourte with the SP1000 or the WM1Z? Love having a strong bass and sub bass, but I also love natural mids, non fatiguing, airy and detailed treble. What DAPs are you all loving with the Fourtes? I'm trying to trim my system to a DAP and my Fourtes. Thanks for any input.

Check out Twister6's reviews. If I remember correctly, Alex pairs Fourté with Sony, either in the Fourté review, or the WM1Z write-up... maybe both.

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,460 of 23,665
I am currently waiting on fourte with my sp1000 ss. Is this combo transparent enough? I had layla 2 with moon audio silver dragon cable briefly but the sound wasn't as clear as with a18. The layla 2 had excellent fit and good bass response but sound appeared to be a bit congested. Wonder how fourte would pair up with sp1000. Fit wise I prefer layla2 over custom a18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back