The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #3,061 of 23,668
@ceeloChamp : Normally, a short adaptor effects on SQ, and mostly distort SQ from low margin to high margin. Though in case of a tail-pig adaptor, it will bring better or worse SQ depends on synergy of a tail-pig cable. If you want a 2.5->3.5 adaptor, please consider the Effect Audio adaptor.
Then maybe I'm lucky because Mee Audio L shaped 4.4->2.5 converter does not affect sound quality much. I use various 2.5mm terminated cables directly connected to SP1000Cu and through the converter to WM1Z and found that the sound quality is not affected. Of course, sound signature is different between SP1000Cu and WM1Z. But the converter is pretty transparent and does not color/distort sound, or at least I don't notice. My only 4.4mm terminated cable is ALO SXC 8 for Cascade.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #3,062 of 23,668
@Giraku : Thanks for info. Mee Audio Cable+Adaptor set sounds really a nice deal. Sadly, that Mee Audio set was released after many adaptors made by after market cable companies, and I already own Effect Audio adaptor before. Though I am not disappointed cause I prefer straight-type to L-type.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #3,064 of 23,668
I'd like to wholeheartedly recommend Ted Allen of HeadphoneLounge https://headphonelounge.com/

His cables are nothing less than fantastic: top shelf OCC, Litz type 2 silver and copper, which are both fetching and durable, cut to any size. He offers an assortment of amp and IEM connectors of all grades and looks; creative Y splits, some which are crafted of wood; and finally, his soldering is meticulous and reliable. Truly custom work.

See attached image of an unbalanced copper cable I recently received. My relatively acute ears couldn't detect any aural difference between it and cables of similar architecture but manifold more expensive.

The icing on the cake is their affordability, especially now that he offers 20‰ discount.

Dealing with Ted is a pleasure. He will gladly guide you in the right direction, explain every detail you wish, and try and save money for you without scarifying performance. His communication is prompt and to the point.

A great bang for the buck.

Attachments

• Ted.jpg
    Ted.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #3,065 of 23,668
His recent cable made for me:

Attachments

• Ted.jpg
    Ted.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #3,066 of 23,668
Absolutely loving my Tia! Give me some eartip recommendations. I already have Symbio mandarins, Spiral dots, acoustune AET08, and Final Audio type E's. I know I have a lot, but i'm all about tinkering with new stuff.

The tips from the UE900/s are my favorites - enough so that I'm no longer looking for other tips.

http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue900-s-ear-tips

These generic tips are a close second and are a great value:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/10-Replaceme...hash=item2571d720f9:m:m0zmHlvs6McykOlFaeJAZBg

Eric's tip for tips: find tips where the inner diameter of the exit area of the bore is larger than the outer diameter of the IEM's stem. In other words, the tip should in no way shroud the stem of the IEM.

This has been true for most of the IEMs I have owned, and is especially true with the Tia Fourte. The Fourte's l acoustic chamber is loaded with high & mid Tia drivers and dynamic bass driver. Set it free!

P.S. Deep insertion of the Fourte will make your ear an extension of that acoustic chamber!

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #3,067 of 23,668
Absolutely loving my Tia! Give me some eartip recommendations. I already have Symbio mandarins, Spiral dots, acoustune AET08, and Final Audio type E's. I know I have a lot, but i'm all about tinkering with new stuff.
Ortofon tips, Acoustune AET07

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #3,068 of 23,668
Hi guys, I’m looking for a cable around $200 or under $300 that can upgrade the transparency and add some treble sparkle for u12, or maybe u18 which I’m considering upgrade to. Any suggestions?

Effect Audio Eros II or Toxic Cables Silver Poison

Mar 17, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #3,070 of 23,668
That's a great tip. Thank you!
You won't regret getting Ted's Silver litz T2 cable! Had mine for a couple of years and reterminate it when I get new iems. Unheard of turnaround time; a couple of weeks versus the months it usually takes most companies.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,071 of 23,668
Effect Audio Eros II or Toxic Cables Silver Poison
I second to that. Effect Audio Eros is excellent in the specified price range.

Mar 17, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,072 of 23,668
I bet they are as good as Ted's - - but Ted is half the price....

Mar 17, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #3,073 of 23,668
12t/trio - US Tour Update
Good news, the tour kits for our 12t/trio tour are on the way. I am setting up a tour thread for signups now and will launch this weekend...... stay tuned!

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #3,074 of 23,668
Then maybe I'm lucky because Mee Audio L shaped 4.4->2.5 converter does not affect sound quality much. I use various 2.5mm terminated cables directly connected to SP1000Cu and through the converter to WM1Z and found that the sound quality is not affected. Of course, sound signature is different between SP1000Cu and WM1Z. But the converter is pretty transparent and does not color/distort sound, or at least I don't notice. My only 4.4mm terminated cable is ALO SXC 8 for Cascade.

To my ears, mee audio adapter does degrade the sound quality, using with U18t. It rolls off the top end a bit, less treble sparkle and airlines. So far, the most transparent 4.4mm adapters I found are from Effect Audio and PlusSound.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,075 of 23,668

Users who are viewing this thread

Back