The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 21, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #5,761 of 23,653
Good news - A18t ordered :) getting impressions done on Wednesday.

Sweet.

Looking forward to hearing your perspective, evo. Especially curious to hear your thoughts vs. the U18t.

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #5,762 of 23,653
Sadly, I have not heard any of the new 64 IEMs either at the low or high end, but back when I reviewed the U6 we speculated on how nice it might be to have the tia tech give the treble a little bit of a boost. So naturally I am quite curious about the A6t and what improvements the tia tech did end up bringing. Just curious, mind, as these days I have my sights set on the heavy hitters at the top. :wink: If I had the money I would be all over the U18t. :D

You won't be curious for much longer, my friend. :wink:

Jan 22, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #5,764 of 23,653
Thanks for that, but that's kind of where I got the idea from that thread. I was hoping for maybe a little bit better BT receiver. Nothing against AliExpress, but I was looking for something tried-and-true and there haven't been any reviews on that particular product.
Take a look on the new Hiby W5, it looks promising.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #5,766 of 23,653
Well, my Monday started off right. FedEx delivered at 09:00 today. The N8 is my first set of 64's and all I can say is wow. The seal is amazing, I didn't use a bite block when getting my impressions done and no matter what face I make, yawn, open my mouth, etc the seal won't break. Thoroughly impressed with the sound as well. Only thing I have to compare them to are Shure SE535 and SE212's though. Making that jump, I knew I'd be impressed. I want to call them bass heavy, but that would sound like the mids/highs are lacking and that's definitely not the case. Currently using my MacBook Pro via DragonFly Black. Looking to upgrade to a DAC and AMP soon.
f2pid0.jpg

nice purchase =) sadly i probably will only get my hands on the n8 at the end of february...

How does it sounds straight out of the mb output?

Jan 22, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #5,767 of 23,653
+1 but pity that @64Audio has given up their more affordable line of universals, for gearsluts like myself, ciem is too big a commitment...
I had CIEMs at one point, but because I grind my teeth (due to having ADHD), I got lots of issues with those. I could probably get CIEMs again at some point, but I prefer to play it safe and stick to universals.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #5,768 of 23,653
nice purchase =) sadly i probably will only get my hands on the n8 at the end of february...

How does it sounds straight out of the mb output?

Thanks! Ah! Very nice, they're worth the wait. Mine took six (long and painful) weeks, but they are totally worth it. As far as out of the MBP output, still sound good. I'd say they're more refined(?) with the dragonfly though.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5,769 of 23,653
I had CIEMs at one point, but because I grind my teeth (due to having ADHD), I got lots of issues with those. I could probably get CIEMs again at some point, but I prefer to play it safe and stick to universals.

i hear ya, on top of being a gearslut, i am also a jaw tenser/teeth grinder it seems that three of my favourite iems (A6t, N8 and Vision Ears VE8) and i are never meant to be. though i alternate between “auditioning” a few times a month at a brick and mortar shop nearby for a while now hehe.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #5,770 of 23,653
i hear ya, on top of being a gearslut, i am also a jaw tenser/teeth grinder it seems that three of my favourite iems (A6t, N8 and Vision Ears VE8) and i are never meant to be. though i alternate between “auditioning” a few times a month at a brick and mortar shop nearby for a while now hehe.
Well, at least you can demo them. Since moving away from London I lost the last few demo opportunities I had and now would have to travel 3 hours to Amsterdam to demo at Hifi Solutions, which I guess is pretty nice because they have loads of gear and I could meet up with Nic. (I'm an optimist. :D )

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #5,772 of 23,653
I never had an CIEM and I almost pulling the trigger on the A12T on a blind buy. I'm getting anxious now reading this thread. So much options and opinions. :) I'm Currently using the Andromeda S, I really like it sound, but the fit is not the perfect one, actually with all IEM I tried I had some problems with fitting. That's why I will try the CIEM. Bit big commitment for a blind buy. Anyone had the Andromeda S and A12T to comment that can make this guy here a bit more calm?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #5,774 of 23,653
Good news - A18t ordered :) getting impressions done on Wednesday.

Bad news - gotta sell my 1950s cable now :frowning2:
Im not calling you a lunatic, but you a lunatic!

I'm not one to talk since Ive been saliviating over the 1960s 2 wire myself. Im waiting for a sale AND the exchange rate to go down. The 18t runs me 4k CAD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back