The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 10, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #5,446 of 23,668
Does anyone here know if the qdc 2-pin connection will work with the N8? I have one of their 4.4 cables.

No, qdc uses the (old) UE connectors with a different pin diameter from standard 2pin. Also, I don't think the recessed connection of the UE 2pin would fit with 64 Audio's recessed female connection.

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #5,447 of 23,668
No, qdc uses the (old) UE connectors with a different pin diameter from standard 2pin. Also, I don't think the recessed connection of the UE 2pin would fit with 64 Audio's recessed female connection.
OK. Thanks. I figured it would be best to be safe and ask here first before attempting.

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #5,448 of 23,668
Rediscovering my U18 with the Crystal Cable Dream Duet. No matter how fancy cable makers claim their A+B plated with C cable is superior, a pure silver cable always work wonder with the best gear~

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #5,449 of 23,668
Rediscovering my U18 with the Crystal Cable Dream Duet. No matter how fancy cable makers claim their A+B plated with C cable is superior, a pure silver cable always work wonder with the best gear~

I'm very interested in the Dream Duet as well, can you share some brief impressions with the pairing? I have a feeling the Dream duet will work wonders with many IEMs. A silver cable like this is hard to find. The only thing I'm unsure of is its red and black color scheme, does it look like some electrical wires?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #5,450 of 23,668
Oct 11, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #5,451 of 23,668
Finally a red and black cable to fit my iems lmao. How much does it cost?

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #5,452 of 23,668
My A12t's are almost finished , I should be seeing these this week if I was to guess :ksc75smile:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181015-031605_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-031605_Chrome.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #5,453 of 23,668
My A12t's are almost finished , I should be seeing these this week if I was to guess :ksc75smile:

Please post reactions a week after you get them. The A12t is #1 on my list right now, but there are a couple other IEMs that are tempting me as well. I only heard the U12t, but heard the A12t is much better due to a much better seal.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #5,454 of 23,668
Please post reactions a week after you get them. The A12t is #1 on my list right now, but there are a couple other IEMs that are tempting me as well. I only heard the U12t, but heard the A12t is much better due to a much better seal.
It has been on the “Face plates assembled “stage since the 10th , I should be getting them before friday this week if I was to guess. I also just picked up the Fii0 Q5 amp this week so i’m looking forward to trying these puppies out. What other IEM’s did you have in mind?

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #5,455 of 23,668
It has been on the “Face plates assembled “stage since the 10th , I should be getting them before friday this week if I was to guess. I also just picked up the Fii0 Q5 amp this week so i’m looking forward to trying these puppies out. What other IEM’s did you have in mind?

N8 and sony IER-Z1r. Maybe the EE LX, but wanted to buy something from 64 Audio first. Just something about them I like more than other CIEM makers. I also thought about the VE8 and SE6, but I didn't want to spend that much on my first ciem.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #5,456 of 23,668
N8 and sony IER-Z1r. Maybe the EE LX, but wanted to buy something from 64 Audio first. Just something about them I like more than other CIEM makers. I also thought about the VE8 and SE6, but I didn't want to spend that much on my first ciem.
You may have already said so but I'm very busy right now to search. What sound signature are you looking for? I might be able to help since I received my N8 a couple of weeks ago.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #5,457 of 23,668
You may have already said so but I'm very busy right now to search. What sound signature are you looking for? I might be able to help since I received my N8 a couple of weeks ago.

I got to listen to the U12t for a week and liked it when I could get a good seal so I'll just go for the custom version which ensures a great fit every time.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #5,458 of 23,668
I got to listen to the U12t for a week and liked it when I could get a good seal so I'll just go for the custom version which ensures a great fit every time.
The N8 was my very first custom as well. I have quirky ears. Different from each other and also, when using universals I often have to readjust them to get the proper seal. A very inconsistent experience for me whenever using 'most' universals. Sometimes changing the tips helps but then sometimes it reverts back to inconsistent depending on the day. One that has been very consistent fit for me is the iBasso IT03. The qdc Anole V3 is also very comfortable but fairly new to my stable so too early to say about that one. Custom is the way to go.

Good luck with your decision and purchase!

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #5,459 of 23,668

We will reach out to you with a PM to see what we can do to get that moving!

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #5,460 of 23,668
Received my A18 yesterday. Good LORD these things are incredible...literally cannot find a single fault in the sound signature or with anything really.

Thanks to 64 Audio and HF I got to hear the U12t and Trio on the recent tour. And thanks to the demo opportunity from 64 Audio, I got to hear the Fourte and U18t...decided to go with the A18. I will say that the Fourte are quite interesting and do portray sound like a 2-channel system...very unique. It will be interesting to hear how 64 Audio further advances this "audio chamber" technology in future models.

Pleasantly surprised to find that the one main issue I had with the U18 (which didn't keep me from loving the U18 anyway) is completely resolved on the A18: there is an overall warmer response that improves the timbre and tonality of instruments vs. my experience on the U18. On the universal I found instruments to sound just a bit less rich and realistic than my preference.

Fit is simply the best I've ever had in an IEM, and the overall craftsmanship and zebra wood is simply flawless.

Want to give a shoutout to Brittany and Eddie and the whole 64 Audio team...customer service of this company is as good as everyone always says. It is truly a pleasure dealing with 64.

Also want to give a shoutout to Dr. Servedio from Dominick Servedio Audiology...if anyone wants a reliable and professional place to take impressions in NYC, give this man a call. He is also one of 64 Audio's preferred audiologists, so you cannot go wrong.

64 is truly one of the top companies in the IEM market right now; simply amazing products and service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back