The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #11,671 of 23,609
Wait till you hear it in person ☺
I am just itching to get my hands on them! I think I'm unfortunately 2-3 weeks out

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #11,674 of 23,609
Hi everyone. I’m curious I bought a second hand trio and I’m wondering what you all are using for tips? The stock ones just don’t cut it. Thank you in advance !
When I had the Trio I used Azla SednaEarfit Light tips. These are the white ones. They worked well for me. Just need to find the right size since they have a decent range.

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #11,675 of 23,609
Hi everyone. I’m curious I bought a second hand trio and I’m wondering what you all are using for tips? The stock ones just don’t cut it. Thank you in advance !
I use Azla sedna shorts on all my IEMs! They provide the best fit and that's really important. Some people love the XELASTEC as well, so might be worth a try.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #11,678 of 23,609
SpinFit CP240 for me. I tried the Sedna, Spiral Dots and foamies and settled on the SpinFits.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #11,679 of 23,609
I also received my Nio! It was delivered testerday morning morning and I've had quite a few good hours of listening. Damn they are good. I think it's one of the best hybrid all arounders. I have a trio and an lx ATM and can't say that for either of them.

NONE OF YOU MENTIONED HOW PHENOMENAL THE NIO IS WITH FEMALE VOCALS. This is what has blown me away the most. They really bring out the emotion. To me female vocals sound best with the m20 module. The mx module brings too much air into them for my liking. With the m20, I'd say the Nio's female vocals are somewhere in the ballpark of the VE8 and it's proficiency with male vocals. As everyone else said, technicalities do take a backseat with the m20. Although the Nio might have the tonal pleasantness of the VE8, the VE8 maintains technicalities a bit better. That's ok for me, though.. A beautiful vocal presentation is worth that cost, and it's great that were not stuck with one setting!

Soundstage/imaging isn't something I don't really think about with smoother IEMs. They just let you enjoy your music more instead of focusing on the iem. That being said, even with the m20, I was surprised at how deep the soundstage sounded with some tracks. It could be that they were recorded that way but it was pleasant nonetheless. Width is average. Nothing to write home about. As you go from the m20 to the m15 and then to the mx, it does improve in these aspects, though.

There's good rumble for rap and also great midbass for kick drums and such in rock music. It does tilt towards mid-bass though. The LX is still my go to for rap, the Trio for EDM, and the Nio for basically anything else. I will say that the Nio can be better for some EDM subgenres, but for a lot of the trance I listen to, the Trio is difficult to surpass.

Highs are somewhat smooth as everyone said, but not enough that bad recordings are too easy to listen to. They still have some bite.

Something nobody has talked much about is isolation. The last 64 iem I had with Apex modules was the u12t and I didn't feel like isolation was very good. I was on the go for a lot of my listening with the Nio and mostly used the m20 module. I was quite surprised at how great isolation was. I'd say it's better than even the Tia Trio, which has no apex modules (or it's built in?).

Comfort is great. The fit is somewhat similar to the Trio but not quite the same because the dome that precedes the nozzle is a different shape and the nozzle itself is a tad shorter.

The Nio is so easy to recommend, even if you HAVE to purchase it blindly, which I did 😅

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #11,680 of 23,609
SpinFit CP240 for me. I tried the Sedna, Spiral Dots and foamies and settled on the SpinFits.
I put a pair of spiral dots on just now and they are a huge improvement. With the stock silicon tips I wasn’t getting a good enough seal and the foam ones I found the medium ones I couldn’t get a good seal in my left ear as it’s a Little bigger and the large ones were just to large for me. I could probably get a good seal with them if you could roll them to compact them so they expand in my ears but these ones don’t.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #11,681 of 23,609
I also received my Nio! It was delivered testerday morning morning and I've had quite a few good hours of listening. Damn they are good. I think it's one of the best hybrid all arounders. I have a trio and an lx ATM and can't say that for either of them.

NONE OF YOU MENTIONED HOW PHENOMENAL THE NIO IS WITH FEMALE VOCALS. This is what has blown me away the most. They really bring out the emotion. To me female vocals sound best with the m20 module. The mx module brings too much air into them for my liking. With the m20, I'd say the Nio's female vocals are somewhere in the ballpark of the VE8 and it's proficiency with male vocals. As everyone else said, technicalities do take a backseat with the m20. Although the Nio might have the tonal pleasantness of the VE8, the VE8 maintains technicalities a bit better. That's ok for me, though.. A beautiful vocal presentation is worth that cost, and it's great that were not stuck with one setting!

Soundstage/imaging isn't something I don't really think about with smoother IEMs. They just let you enjoy your music more instead of focusing on the iem. That being said, even with the m20, I was surprised at how deep the soundstage sounded with some tracks. It could be that they were recorded that way but it was pleasant nonetheless. Width is average. Nothing to write home about. As you go from the m20 to the m15 and then to the mx, it does improve in these aspects, though.

There's good rumble for rap and also great midbass for kick drums and such in rock music. It does tilt towards mid-bass though. The LX is still my go to for rap, the Trio for EDM, and the Nio for basically anything else. I will say that the Nio can be better for some EDM subgenres, but for a lot of the trance I listen to, the Trio is difficult to surpass.

Highs are somewhat smooth as everyone said, but not enough that bad recordings are too easy to listen to. They still have some bite.

Something nobody has talked much about is isolation. The last 64 iem I had with Apex modules was the u12t and I didn't feel like isolation was very good. I was on the go for a lot of my listening with the Nio and mostly used the m20 module. I was quite surprised at how great isolation was. I'd say it's better than even the Tia Trio, which has no apex modules (or it's built in?).

Comfort is great. The fit is somewhat similar to the Trio but not quite the same because the dome that precedes the nozzle is a different shape and the nozzle itself is a tad shorter.

The Nio is so easy to recommend, even if you HAVE to purchase it blindly, which I did 😅
Nice impressions! Glad more people are getting them!

I havent really been able to test isolation due to working from home, but isolation has never really been a priority for me anyways. Vocals are quite good and I think those 6 mid drivers here are really pulling their weight. Guitars and other string instruments are incredibly sweet sounding and the timbre is just right.

Glad others are enjoying them as much as I am, they really are just so spot on for what I like. I honestly havent listened to my trio at all, even for edm stuff. The trio has a little bit of emphasis in the subbass, which is nice there, but I think the nio really just nails it for me.

And just as an fyi, the trio does have apex tech built in, its just internal and not swappable, should be the same as the m15 module.

I really hate to gush like this because I hate to be one contributing to so called hype train, but the nio have left me pretty much completely satisfied to the point that I have almost no real desire to get more iems (for the foreseeable future). Others have done a few things right but none have really been the whole package for me like the nio has. Comfort, sound, looks... yea, still stupid happy with them.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #11,682 of 23,609
Nice impressions! Glad more people are getting them!

I havent really been able to test isolation due to working from home, but isolation has never really been a priority for me anyways. Vocals are quite good and I think those 6 mid drivers here are really pulling their weight. Guitars and other string instruments are incredibly sweet sounding and the timbre is just right.

Glad others are enjoying them as much as I am, they really are just so spot on for what I like. I honestly havent listened to my trio at all, even for edm stuff. The trio has a little bit of emphasis in the subbass, which is nice there, but I think the nio really just nails it for me.

And just as an fyi, the trio does have apex tech built in, its just internal and not swappable, should be the same as the m15 module.

I really hate to gush like this because I hate to be one contributing to so called hype train, but the nio have left me pretty much completely satisfied to the point that I have almost no real desire to get more iems (for the foreseeable future). Others have done a few things right but none have really been the whole package for me like the nio has. Comfort, sound, looks... yea, still stupid happy with them.
you sound a little like @Vitaly2017 and his Noirs :)
all kidding aside I am itching to get mine!

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #11,683 of 23,609
you sound a little like @Vitaly2017 and his Noirs :)
all kidding aside I am itching to get mine!
Hah, believe me I know. I kind of hate it.

I can at least recognize they arent perfect, and there are likely a number of other iems out there that best the nio technically or hit other peoples preferences better. But yea... still super hapy with them (even with the few little blemishes I have).

Sorry your wait is taking so long, hope you get them soon!

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #11,684 of 23,609
Hah, believe me I know. I kind of hate it.

I can at least recognize they arent perfect, and there are likely a number of other iems out there that best the nio technically or hit other peoples preferences better. But yea... still super hapy with them (even with the few little blemishes I have).

Sorry your wait is taking so long, hope you get them soon!
I'm completely joking and am 1) glad you love them and 2) appreciative of you sharing your impressions.
I expect I will love them, as well!

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #11,685 of 23,609

Ah man, you're making me so excited! Can't wait to get mine :) Would you say the Nio is somewhere between the U12t and Trio? I found the bass on the Trio to be great, but I preferred everything else from the U12t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back