The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 1, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #22,846 of 23,657
I feel the same way about the Volur. Waiting for my brain to adjust to the upper treble zing. If I keep listening to it hopefully I’ll just forget about it but for now all I keep thinking is that’s obviously ‘not there’ in the original recording. Which is ridiculous because Volur is a flavour of sound rather than a reference sound. Cmooooooon brain burn in, work that magic.
If upper-treble's the only issue, you can probably remedy that with smaller-bore tips.

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #22,847 of 23,657
If upper-treble's the only issue, you can probably remedy that with smaller-bore tips.
Will try. I’ve ordered some final type e tips.

When listening to jazz or classical or rock for example the upper treble gives air and space around instruments to breathe which makes these instruments sound realistic and believable. But when listening to drum and bass or EDM or house music this sounds unrealsitic because often there’s no natural, lifelike air between cymbals or hi hats - in relation to the other instruments in the mix. These instruments were programmed in a vacuum in a DAW so trying to make them sound lifelike through exaggerated upper treble sounds un-natural to me. This lack of cohesion as I hear it destroys the illusion in electronic music. Adding detail when there was none to begin with…

This is just how I perceive it and I might be very sensitive to it. It’s obvious some people prefer it this way otherwise 64 Audio wouldn’t have made it this way. To add to this I’m confident some people genuinely can’t hear this peak as much because their hearing doesn’t go that high. I think it’s an interesting discussion point as more and more high end headphones and iems come with boosted air frequencies as a way of injecting more perceived detail.

I’ve yet to experiment with EQ. Tips might help. And brain might get used to it. Confident something will work.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #22,849 of 23,657
But when listening to drum and bass or EDM or house music this sounds unrealsitic because often there’s no natural, lifelike air between cymbals or hi hats - in relation to the other instruments in the mix.
I think the volur is really excellent for drum n bass, or any electronic music.. I dont find its high / treble strange or anything like that. I use m17 and put it on random for the whole sd card music offline. So far i find volur excels in everthing. And just now it was playing roni size's track which is a drum n bass track. And i find it amazing.

What device are you using i wonder?

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #22,851 of 23,657
Nov 5, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #22,852 of 23,657
I think the volur is really excellent for drum n bass, or any electronic music.. I dont find its high / treble strange or anything like that. I use m17 and put it on random for the whole sd card music offline. So far i find volur excels in everthing. And just now it was playing roni size's track which is a drum n bass track. And i find it amazing.

What device are you using i wonder?
I’m using Hugo 2 and Mojo 2. I think to my ears I very much hear the Tia driver working. It sounds distinct from the BA drivers. I hear it as a separate technology that adds zing. That might not make much sense but it’s the best way I can describe it. If anyone has listened to ribbon tweeters, it’s the same sort of thing. The Tia driver sounds faster and more dynamic than the BA’s. Also there is a notable dip just before the upper treble emphasise which makes it more prominent. All in all it’s a fantastic iem and it gets my full recommendation. I think I’m just picky especially as it’s a lot of money and perhaps I’m not completely sold on the Tia technology.

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #22,853 of 23,657
We discuss the 64 Audio Volür in the CanJam Dallas Preview Video (which is running a bit late). I have to say, for my tastes, the Volür is one of the best IEMs I've ever heard. We're actually at the office now finishing up the Dallas Preview, so I don't have time right now to say much more. But, yeah....wow -- it's a special IEM, for sure.

Nov 6, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #22,854 of 23,657
We discuss the 64 Audio Volür in the CanJam Dallas Preview Video (which is running a bit late). I have to say, for my tastes, the Volür is one of the best IEMs I've ever heard. We're actually at the office now finishing up the Dallas Preview, so I don't have time right now to say much more. But, yeah....wow -- it's a special IEM, for sure.
:raised_hands:

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Nov 6, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #22,855 of 23,657
Sigh, I should have realized not all purple colors are the same. It's still funny to see the Volür engulfed by a super thick cable though :smile:

IMG_8541.jpg

Nov 7, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #22,857 of 23,657
Nov 7, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #22,858 of 23,657
what is your Apex Module?
I think the red one you have to order separately and it's literally completely sealed off no air gets out.

Nov 7, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #22,859 of 23,657
Nov 7, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #22,860 of 23,657
I think the red one you have to order separately and it's literally completely sealed off no air gets out.
that is the orange one as I remember, and 64 Audio does not recommend using this module with IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back