The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #23,056 of 23,681
Hello all, nice to meet you! :)

I am seriously considering purchasing the 64 Audio Volür and I would like to ask your opinion!

Here are some facts:
- I am listening to Electronica 90% of the time. Trance, Vocal Trance, Techno, Progressive Trance, Downtempo, Jungle, Drum'n'Bass, House etc
- I am planning to use it with the iFi GO Pod almost all of the time! Very rarely I will use it with the rest of the devices, which can be seen in my Signature.
- In my Signature you can also see all of my IEMs, so this is the sound I am currently used to
- I will be listening to my own WAV files via UAPP, to Amazon Music Unlimited and to YouTube Premium from my phone (Samsung S23 Ultra)

Questions:
1. Is it a good idea to purchase the 64 Audio Volür?
2. Is the treble overly bright? Read this review, that's why I'm asking - @vsg28 your opinion, please?
3. I am planning to purchase them from HIFONIX in the UK. Is this a legit and trusted retailer, @64Audio ?
4. Between the 64 Audio Volür, the the FIR Audio Radon 6 and the Custom Art Fibae 7U custom, which one would you choose and why?

Looking forward to your replies, thank you very much! :)

Hi,

1. For your genres, yes it is.
2. Nope, compared to 7hz Timeless and Meze 109, Volur perform butter smooth sounding treble (and upper mid too)
3. No idea
4. Radon will be better in technicalities (detail, transparency, speed and soundstage) but also come with more expensive price tag. Radon also has "semi open" design means when use in very noise place (like in flight), the overall SQ of radon would get reduced and isolation not as good as Volur. Fibae 7 would closer to U12t in term of character, but less punchy and bite. I don't think Fibae suits your music genre better than Volur.

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #23,057 of 23,681
I'm not very good at describing sound or making recommendations but can give my answer on some of those:

2. I don't find them bright at all, I'm over 40 and I don't think I can hear the upper treble peak that some people have mentioned or at least I don't notice it as a negative.
3. Yes they are legit and trustworthy, I've bought many things from them including my Volurs and I've visited their physical store - very very well stocked! and very friendly and helpful.
Based on my friend's impressions, I'd go with Neo or

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #23,058 of 23,681
Based on my friend's impressions, I'd go with Nio or U4s. I suppose you could buy the Volur & return it for the Nio or U4s (both of which can be found used for less than half the price at places like The Music Room (certified U4s for $850) or Bloom Audio, open Box for $999). Another phenomenal IEM is the Nightjar Singularity.

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #23,059 of 23,681
3. I am planning to purchase them from HIFONIX in the UK. Is this a legit and trusted retailer
4. Between the 64 Audio Volür, the the FIR Audio Radon 6 and the Custom Art Fibae 7U custom, which one would you choose and why?

3. On 64 Audio official website you can find the list of official retailers from all around the world including UK, you may want to look at them too
4. Speaking of Fir, would not Fir Xenon 6 be better comparison speaking of bass since your main target is EDM?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #23,060 of 23,681
Definitely not the CA Fibae 7U.
It's only passably decent in it's midrange. Anemic BA bass will leave you wanting.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #23,061 of 23,681
Thank you very much, guys! :)

@TheMiddleSky thanks a lot, especially for your response regarding the treble in comparison to what I'm currently listening, very helpful!

@Gaben22 , thanks, I've done that already but I could not find the Volür in any of the AUTHORIZED UK DEALERS. No worries, though, I think I will get it from Hifonix
Awaiting for @64Audio reply on this

@blotmouse thanks for clarifying!

@Drock6 - thank you but I think the Policy is that IEMs cannot be returned due to hygiene reasons

Anyone here who have used the Volür with the iFi GO Pod? :)
They sell it bundled with the 64 Audio U4s, so I don't think there will be any issue, just asking

Thank you
👍

PS: I forgot to mention that this will be my first, ever, 64 Audio IEM, I have no idea about their sound signature, quality, fit, etc

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #23,062 of 23,681
I've done that already but I could not find the Volür in any of the AUTHORIZED UK DEALERS. No worries, though, I think I will get it from Hifonix
Volür is quite new, I had to contact my local dealer a few weeks ago to see if they could get it, they were very helpful and helped me to get things going. Maybe that is why. Anyways someone confirmed that this Hifonix is a trusted seller so probably you'll be good. Volür comes with unbalanced cables only although I can see you want to use wireless so maybe not an issue. I personally hate wireless (not just with IEMs) though.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #23,063 of 23,681
Volür is quite new, I had to contact my local dealer a few weeks ago to see if they could get it, they were very helpful and helped me to get things going. Maybe that is why. Anyways someone confirmed that this Hifonix is a trusted seller so probably you'll be good. Volür comes with unbalanced cables only although I can see you want to use wireless so maybe not an issue. I personally hate wireless (not just with IEMs) though.
Yes, I will most probably buy from Hifonix :)

One other question, probably the last one and thank you all for your patience, is there any issue with tips staying on the Volür as there isn't a notch on either end to keep the ear tips in place once installed?

PS: have you tried the iFi GO Pod? :wink:

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #23,064 of 23,681
Yes, I will most probably buy from Hifonix :)

One other question, probably the last one and thank you all for your patience, is there any issue with tips staying on the Volür as there isn't a notch on either end to keep the ear tips in place once installed?

PS: have you tried the iFi GO Pod? :wink:
Just to add, Hifonix have a massive amount of IEMs for demo (including Volur, at least they did a few weeks ago).
So if you are in the midlands or can get there for a visit it’s worth getting in touch with them to arrange a session.

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #23,065 of 23,681
Thank you very much, guys! :)

@TheMiddleSky thanks a lot, especially for your response regarding the treble in comparison to what I'm currently listening, very helpful!

@Gaben22 , thanks, I've done that already but I could not find the Volür in any of the AUTHORIZED UK DEALERS. No worries, though, I think I will get it from Hifonix
Awaiting for @64Audio reply on this

@blotmouse thanks for clarifying!

@Drock6 - thank you but I think the Policy is that IEMs cannot be returned due to hygiene reasons

Anyone here who have used the Volür with the iFi GO Pod? :)
They sell it bundled with the 64 Audio U4s, so I don't think there will be any issue, just asking

Thank you
👍

PS: I forgot to mention that this will be my first, ever, 64 Audio IEM, I have no idea about their sound signature, quality, fit, etc
I've used both the U4s and the Volur with the iFi Go Pods when I had them, worked fine.

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #23,066 of 23,681
It sounds like you have your heart set on the Volur. So, I'd say if the treble is a tad hot, you could adjust the EQ.

They are certainly onw of the most beautiful looking IEMs on the market IMO, and other than my friend and Josh Valour, all the reviews I've seen on YouTube and written ones have been excellent.

Happy listening 🎶

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #23,067 of 23,681
Just to add, Hifonix have a massive amount of IEMs for demo (including Volur, at least they did a few weeks ago).
So if you are in the midlands or can get there for a visit it’s worth getting in touch with them to arrange a session.
Yeah but I cannot visit... I live on an island :wink:

I've used both the U4s and the Volur with the iFi Go Pods when I had them, worked fine.
Awesome! Thank you very much!

It sounds like you have your heart set on the Volur. So, I'd say if the treble is a tad hot, you could adjust the EQ.

They are certainly onw of the most beautiful looking IEMs on the market IMO, and other than my friend and Josh Valour, all the reviews I've seen on YouTube and written ones have been excellent.

Happy listening 🎶
Thanks! :) I will buy them due to their Amazing Bass!

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #23,068 of 23,681
After listening to the Volur with the m20 module yesterday. It is impressive and can be amazing with electronic based music, though it can be track dependent. The m20 module would be amazing with a curated playlist of electronic you loved with it, otherwise I think it's too much bass for my ears for much of anything else, though I have yet to try some genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back