The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #272 of 419
TH900 will improve upon everything, especially soundstage

No, it won't improve on *everything*

TH900 midrange is fairly recessed and the treble can be pretty fatiguing. But yes, the sub bass and soundstage are a bit better. Resolution is slightly improved as well.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #275 of 419
The album made for TH-X00s has arrived early!!!

Get it here free and make sure you buy the CD mid January to support Killer Mike and EL-P. Love these guys!
http://runthejewelsstore.com/

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #277 of 419
My th-x00 is acting weird with the fulla2. In certain track and certain hz tone there is a weird noise ( like a really high pitch " Grriiiiisshhhh " noise ) i first tought it was a bad driver. I tend to listen music loud. Is it possible fully pushing to much power to them ??? Clean and clear at medium an low volume.
What is wierd is when i just use the fulla2's dac connected to my old stereo yamaha receiver , i can listen to the same track louder than with the fulla without the noise happening.

Any clue some 1 ?

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #278 of 419
My th-x00 is acting weird with the fulla2. In certain track and certain hz tone there is a weird noise ( like a really high pitch " Grriiiiisshhhh " noise ) i first tought it was a bad driver. I tend to listen music loud. Is it possible fully pushing to much power to them ??? Clean and clear at medium an low volume.
What is wierd is when i just use the fulla2's dac connected to my old stereo yamaha receiver , i can listen to the same track louder than with the fulla without the noise happening.

Any clue some 1 ?

Sounds like you might have dirty USB power, especially since it goes away when sending the fulla through your yamaha receiver.

Try all your PC's usb ports and see if it goes away. Then try another PC, and see if it still persists.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #280 of 419
Yea same happen to my gf's macbook.

OK, might wanna take it up w/ Schiit since it seems your Fulla's amp circuit might have an issue in it. Also, I doubt it broke your X00s. The biodyna drivers in these are strong enough that you'll break your ears before the drivers.

Jan 18, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #281 of 419
Hello owners,

Can you tell me how well the wood grain is matched with your X00s? Doesn't matter which wood type (I ordered the mahogany), just curious if Massdrop are taking care to use two similar-looking cups on each set.

On this official photo, the set on the left looks very smooth, but the set on the right has lots of visible wood grain. Personally I like the set on the right, but I'd be really disappointed if there I got one smooth cup and one grainy cup.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #282 of 419
  Hello owners,

Can you tell me how well the wood grain is matched with your X00s? Doesn't matter which wood type (I ordered the mahogany), just curious if Massdrop are taking care to use two similar-looking cups on each set.

On this official photo, the set on the left looks very smooth, but the set on the right has lots of visible wood grain. Personally I like the set on the right, but I'd be really disappointed if there I got one smooth cup and one grainy cup.

Mine are different enough on either side. OFC general colour etc is same the graining is different, but then again, that's the whole FUN isn't it? no two cups the same.

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #284 of 419
Hello owners,

In that picture a lot of the difference in how the grain looks is due to the angles they are turned at being slightly different rather than different grain. As you rotate those mahogany cups the grain can go from almost glowing to dull depending on how it's catching the light.

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #285 of 419
Hello owners,

In that picture a lot of the difference in how the grain looks is due to the angles they are turned at being slightly different rather than different grain. As you rotate those mahogany cups the grain can go from almost glowing to dull depending on how it's catching the light.

On mine, Mahogany, right cup grain is perpendicular to the plane of the cup and left cup grain is probably almost 30 degrees from being parallel to the plane of the cup. So right cup had somewhat regular parallel grain features and left cup almost has a swirl effect. This might play into the tuning but I haven't perceived it yet nor tried to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back