The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #4,456 of 4,830
Hi guys. Im a total noob when it comes to iPhones. I tried to connect the Qudelix 5k to an iphone but I can't get it to work in usb mode, just bluetooth, is it possible to do it?
I had intermitent problems with the USB connection to my iPhone. Don't know if it is your case, but seems that this is something sensitive in the case of the iPhone. I ended up buying this cable and it seems to have solved the problem. Just in case you don't find any other easier solution:

Attachments

• Amplifier OFC Silver 8-Strand 19-Pin Adapter Cable for.png
    Amplifier OFC Silver 8-Strand 19-Pin Adapter Cable for.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #4,457 of 4,830
I had intermitent problems with the USB connection to my iPhone. Don't know if it is your case, but seems that this is something sensitive in the case of the iPhone. I ended up buying this cable and it seems to have solved the problem. Just in case you don't find any other easier solution:
Thank you very much. Will get one of these if I can't fix it.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #4,458 of 4,830
Thank you very much. Will get one of these if I can't fix it.
iPhone is *very* particular about which third-party USB cables you use with it. I've had more misses than hits, and some cables work for a little while, only to stop working within a few weeks or so.

Other than using Apple's own camera connection kit (with an additional USB-C to USB-A cable), the only brand that has consistently worked for me are by ddHiFi. They are expensive and fragile, but ddHiFi has also been great about sending replacements under their 1-year warranty. They recently revised the build quality of their OTG cables, but they also doubled their prices (~USD$65). This is the one I currently use: https://www.linsoul.com/products/ddhifi-mfi09s

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #4,459 of 4,830
iPhone is *very* particular about which third-party USB cables you use with it. I've had more misses than hits, and some cables work for a little while, only to stop working within a few weeks or so.

Other than using Apple's own camera connection kit (with an additional USB-C to USB-A cable), the only brand that has consistently worked for me are by ddHiFi. They are expensive and fragile, but ddHiFi has also been great about sending replacements under their 1-year warranty. They recently revised the build quality of their OTG cables, but they also doubled their prices (~USD$65). This is the one I currently use: https://www.linsoul.com/products/ddhifi-mfi09s
Appreciate your help. I guess I'll have to get a decent cable. I like DDhifi products so I might go for one soon.
Thanks!

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #4,461 of 4,830
If its a cable issue, you can also get the FiiO LT-LT1 OTG cable which I use and isn't very expensive.
Awesome if it works. I tried it, and it failed within a week. Because it was so cheap, I never bothered to repair or replace it. It’s the perverse logic of having spent a little bit more on a cable that also failed. Because I spent more for it, I did bother to get it replaced. Probably says much more about me and my busted psychology than it does about the quality of one cable over another.

Admittedly, I really put these cables through the wringer since usually I keep them in my pocket attached to the 5K and my phone while commuting and traveling (which is often). But this latest iteration of the ddHiFi cable has (so far after a few months) outlasted every other OTG cable I’ve tried (which is at least a dozen at this point). I use bluetooth on the 5K when I’m not listening to music (podcasts, audiobooks, etc), but for music I still want a wired connection. So the hunt for the most durable OTG cable continues.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #4,462 of 4,830
Awesome if it works. I tried it, and it failed within a week. Because it was so cheap, I never bothered to repair or replace it. It’s the perverse logic of having spent a little bit more on a cable that also failed. Because I spent more for it, I did bother to get it replaced. Probably says much more about me and my busted psychology than it does about the quality of one cable over another.

Admittedly, I really put these cables through the wringer since usually I keep them in my pocket attached to the 5K and my phone while commuting and traveling (which is often). But this latest iteration of the ddHiFi cable has (so far after a few months) outlasted every other OTG cable I’ve tried (which is at least a dozen at this point). I use bluetooth on the 5K when I’m not listening to music (podcasts, audiobooks, etc), but for music I still want a wired connection. So the hunt for the most durable OTG cable continues.
Fair enough. I'm not one to walk about too much with my 5k hooked up via a cable - so can understand that the wear and tear might be an issue over time.

That said, if you aren't that type, then I can attest that the fiio cable is a good and working solution.

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #4,464 of 4,830
How is the latency on this little device? Can i watch youtube and movies normally? Ive never had a bluetooth audio
I watch YouTube videos all the time on it. No egregious lag that I’ve noticed. Probably dpends on how sensitive you are to lag. But if you’re watching YouTube vids, I’d wager you’re not too concerned with audio (or video) quality. So… fine?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #4,466 of 4,830

I have been using Hidizs LT02 for several months with great result. My iPhone does need to reboot after a recharging, to recognize an audio device. I also got a similar Fiio short lighting cable, and it gave up working in just couple days.

Hopefully the newer USB-C iPhones won't be so picky about cables.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #4,468 of 4,830
Just got the qudelix 5k and ive noticed that my cables are braided as opposed to the ones i see on the internet. Do i have some newer itteration or smt?
The 5k doesn't have any special cables, and I don't think Qudelix themselves ships it with any cables, just the device in a tiny box. Maybe they were a bonus pack-in from the retailer you purchased it from?

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #4,469 of 4,830
The 5k doesn't have any special cables, and I don't think Qudelix themselves ships it with any cables, just the device in a tiny box. Maybe they were a bonus pack-in from the retailer you purchased it from?
It definitely comes with USB cables. I recall mine came with them when I got my 5K. Pretty sure they were not braided but I don't remember at this point since it was years ago at launch. The Qudelix producr page shows it still comes with USB cables.

https://www.qudelix.com/products/qudelix-5k

After all these years, it is still working well with some minor expected battery degradation (knock on wood). Definitely have gotten my money's worth and one of the best audio related purchases I have made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back