The Qudelix-5K thread
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #4,261 of 4,811
I received my T71 today, I am thrilled with the increase in power over the 5K (so much so that I plan to use it as a replacement for my Topping DX7 Pro+ and keep the 5K for portable use) but I have been even more surprised by the multichannel capabilities, it is definitely not gimmicky, I have tested it with Forza Horizon 5 on PC and the sonic result was spectacular to me.

Beyond that, I would have also liked to have a volume wheel, but they have said that the decision to remove it has been to implement the 4.4 output, so one thing for the other.

I'm really excited to see new features and fixes in the future, the people behind Qudelix are on another level and never cease to amaze, they are the antithesis of snake-oil in the audio world.

Some quick pictures I uploaded to the official Qudelix forum, as I don't think anyone has posted an unboxing so far (plus, size comparison with the 5K):

Very nice photos!
I Totally agree. While most companies just releases the same kind of product again and again just with 0 innovation, Qudelix is one the few that release products that makes a real difference.
They just don't use the excuse of a new delta sigma chip to make a product.
It's refreshing to see a company like that in a hobby full of snake oil...

I thought that the multichannel features were going to be a bit of a gimmick too, but it actually makes a big difference while watching movies/series with surround audio and playing games. You get a moren immersive experience and better positioning of the sounds.

Definitely looking forward for new updates and features tha they can add. It has an amazing potential.

Sep 29, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #4,262 of 4,811
You certainly ran into a bug.
If you have the latest FW and the defect is repeatable,
you could open a ticket with QUDELIX.
Thanks. I just checked the forum and they recommend using lock mode for gaming. I am going to give it some tike and might e-mail them if the problem happens again. Last night I also noticed that It makes some noises while starting or swapping songs while using UAPP on my phone. It's very subtle and it disappears while the song is playing, but still not ideal and never had it with the 5k.

Hope it's all firmware related and not a problem with my unit.

Sep 29, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #4,263 of 4,811
Very nice photos!
I Totally agree. While most companies just releases the same kind of product again and again just with 0 innovation, Qudelix is one the few that release products that makes a real difference.
They just don't use the excuse of a new delta sigma chip to make a product.
It's refreshing to see a company like that in a hobby full of snake oil...

I thought that the multichannel features were going to be a bit of a gimmick too, but it actually makes a big difference while watching movies/series with surround audio and playing games. You get a moren immersive experience and better positioning of the sounds.

Definitely looking forward for new updates and features tha they can add. It has an amazing potential.

Not only that, but you can also take advantage of spatial audio from Dolby Atmos content in Apple Music and it also sound great (depending of the content of course, but most classical and electronic music sound amazing compared with traditional stereo mixes).

The last album from Kraftwerk for example, 3-D The Catalogue, sounds like it was made for multichannel audio in mind because of the way it sounds with Dolby Atmos, miles ahead of the stereo mix.

I confess I even had no interest in the T71 when they announced it back in November 2021 thanks to that massive multichannel emphasis , but now seems to me by far the best of the features it has, definitely the folks at Qudelix knew what they were doing since the very beginning.

Saludos, Tano!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #4,264 of 4,811
Not only that, but you can also take advantage of spatial audio from Dolby Atmos content in Apple Music and it also sound great (depending of the content of course, but most classical and electronic music sound amazing compared with traditional stereo mixes).

The last album from Kraftwerk for example, 3-D The Catalogue, sounds like it was made for multichannel audio in mind because of the way it sounds with Dolby Atmos, miles ahead of the stereo mix.

I confess I even had no interest in the T71 when they announced it back in November 2021 thanks to that massive multichannel emphasis , but now seems to me by far the best of the features it has, definitely the folks at Qudelix knew what they were doing since the very beginning.

Saludos, Tano!
Same here. I wasn't interested in multichannel at all, but having more power and not caring about bluetooth at all, I considered the T71 as a Qudelix 5k 2.0, that's why I bought it. But I gotta admit that the multichannel implementation won me since the first try.
I don't have Apple music, but I know what you mean. I've listened to some test multichannel music and it goes really well, specially with electronic music.

Por cierto, no sabías que eras mexicano. Un saludo grande, compañero :)

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #4,265 of 4,811

Saludos, Tano!
Hi! Very basic question, can I try dolby with cans? Being only left and right would it be stereo anyway?
Thank you

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #4,266 of 4,811
Same here. I wasn't interested in multichannel at all, but having more power and not caring about bluetooth at all, I considered the T71 as a Qudelix 5k 2.0, that's why I bought it. But I gotta admit that the multichannel implementation won me since the first try.
I don't have Apple music, but I know what you mean. I've listened to some test multichannel music and it goes really well, specially with electronic music.

Por cierto, no sabías que eras mexicano. Un saludo grande, compañero :)

Ya te digo, peregrinando entre los distintos foros terminamos por encontrarnos de todo.

Un placer leerte compañero, que no es fácil encontrar personas con buen criterio en esto del audio, menos en Head-Fi (y que hablemos castellano es una bonita coincidencia).

Hi! Very basic question, can I try dolby with cans? Being only left and right would it be stereo anyway?
Thank you

Of course! Much of the appeal of this new T71 lies in that.

In the end what the device does is detect multichannel content natively (one channel for each DAC it has for a total of 8 channels) and through a proprietary algorithm developed by Qudelix, create a binaural mix that positions those different channels in space convincingly, without further loss of dynamic range and overall detail, according to Qudelix.

Even though we are at the birth of this product, I can safely say that the results definitely speak for themselves. :)

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #4,268 of 4,811

Saludos, Tano!
sorry for my question i m newbie
if i use this with my phone as usb dac and connect to flat earbud , will be any music (non spatial made ones) sound difference from regular usb dac( mean surround or 3d effect)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #4,269 of 4,811
if i use this with my phone as usb dac and connect to flat earbud , will be any music (non spatial made ones) sound difference from regular usb dac( mean surround or 3d effect)

No, it does not (at least for now).

The cool thing about this T71 is that it automatically detects stereo content (2 channel) and multichannel (5.1 or 7.1 content) in order to apply the surround algorithm, so it's not faking stereo content whatsoever, it works with real multichannel content directly.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #4,270 of 4,811
No, it won't make a difference. If you are only going to listen to music with buds, you might be better going with the Qudelix 5k, saving some money in the process. The T71 is better suited for other use cases.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #4,271 of 4,811
Go mine... on Android so far only UAPP can output 7.1 to T71. Disney hotstar doesn't output multichannel even if I selected dolby Atmos audio.
IMG-20230929-WA0048-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back