The Rarest Wood Headphone In The World
May 3, 2021 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

John Massaria

Member of the Trade: JM Audio Editions/Headphone Modifications
THE RAREST WOOD HEADPHONES IN THE WORLD

Unetitled.png

Bog Oak – The Rarest Wood in the World​

ABOUT BOG OAK (Quoted from external source): "The bog oak is unique material and has no analogues (unique in time that can not be reproduced in the future because of the climate conditions at that time unique in time and environment)... Bog Oak timber has been preserved from decay because of the anaerobic + acidic conditions within the bog. Bog oak was preserved in the ground in a period roughly between 3000 to 7000 years ago. ... The bog lands of Kildare and the Bog of Allen are vast living treasure troves for this precious and most coveted material."
Most bog oak comes from the British Isles, Northern Europe or Russia. But the most famous deposits are the peat bogs of Ireland and the fens of East Anglia, in the southeast of England. While bog oak can form over as little as 1,000 years, it can also be almost unbelievably ancient. Specimens are regularly radiocarbon dated to between 2,000 and 5,000 BC. This means some trees were alive during the building of the Egyptian pyramids or Stonehenge, at the very dawn of human history!

2000 years old Bog OAK.jpg

The fact that Valentin is so modest estimating the age and rarity is a testament to his modest and honest personality I think...​

ancient-wood-bog-oak-supplier.jpeg

A log out of the bog basking in the sun after 2 thousand years submersion.​
mining-extracting-bog-wood.jpg

BOG OAK IS SO SOUGHT AFTER THAT PEOPLE MAKE JEWELRY FROM IT

img_6122-768x1024.jpeg
img_6141-769x1024.jpeg
bog-wood-wedding-ring-zirconium-ring-wedgewood-wooden-ring.JPG

Bog Oak ... Completely submerged for many years without any exposure to oxygen. In Russia there are many beleifs about the "healing properties" that Bog Oak contains. The wood is commonly used to heal people... this valuable wood "emanates a type of living energy" that people absorbed involuntarily, thus speeding up the process of healing.

Rognir-bog-oak-3.jpg

old-mortqa1.jpg
bog-oak-board-4459070_big.jpg
Uneitled.png

BOG OAK: a treasure unearthed
from the middle ages of Stonehenge to the era of the Egyptian pyramids.

The bog oak is unique material and has no analogues (no comparable descendants today/ environmental conditions will never be recreated due to time line global climate conditions). Its formation takes place over thousands of years, and the result is amazing. The bog oak is strength, hardness and nobility. In addition, it is more dense than normal oak (15-20%), which provides phenomenal durability. And it is beautiful, its natural pattern, like a fingerprint, is unique. The color of the bog oak is not only black, it varies from ashy and reddish-brown to mottled "leopard" options.

2000 years old Bog OAK2.jpg
THE WOOD KENNERTON CHOOSES IS NEVER USED WITHOUT REASON
MAKING EACH KENNERTON SERIOUS COLLECTORS ITEMS BUILT WITH NO EXPENSE SPARED FOR PERFECTION

Untitfled.png
BURN IN ROOM FOR DAYS AND NIGHTS AS THEY SAY IN THE VIDEO

Untitled.png
stabf.jpg
stab.jpg

I decided to write this to honor the dedication Kennerton has made to our hobby. I personally own many Kennerton headphones and understand their dedication to providing something not found else where. A unique treasure among the sea of available headphones; Kennerton is always making things better and better with improvements. The fact that I 'discovered' the hidden rarest of rare woods called Bog Oak - and the fact that Kennerton is using it for their select limited run of headphones makes me know I am in the presence of greatness and collect-ability like no other in this great hobby I know of...

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 3
I thought that you have posted here that kid with wood headphones that you posted here :beyersmile:

Ufff... Rögnir... I think a few of us are waiting eagerly @ithilienrp and @Strayngs impressions about... (I don't know if someone else has pull the trigger) :wink:

May 3, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I thought that you have posted here that kid with wood headphones that you posted here :beyersmile:

Ufff... Rögnir... I think a few of us are waiting eagerly @ithilienrp and @Strayngs impressions about... (I don't know if someone else has pull the trigger) :wink:
BYCsFHR.jpeg

I think those are are a one of a kind headphone of a very different kind lol-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back