The Return Of The Thread Gallery Feature!
Mar 31, 2020 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
After we had to transition from our previous forum platform (Huddler/Wikia) to XenForo, one of the biggest challenges we faced was porting over the myriad integrated features that were built into the very full-featured well-integrated Huddler platform over to our XenForo installation. Among the most requested features that we hadn't heretofore ported over since the transition was the Thread Gallery -- the in-thread box that let's you easily see all the images posted within the thread you're in.

Well, finally, the Thread Gallery is back! Here's a screenshot of one thread example to show you where to look:

Thread-Gallery-Screenshot_02.jpg

We'll continue to develop and improve the Thread Gallery over time, and will continue working on fixes, tweaks, and additional features for the site.

Thanks to Head-Fi staffers @HF_Ryan, @warrenpchi, and @joe for developing the new Thread Gallery for us!

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 14
the next feature is to keep trolling in check and proper credits to contributors ! Lol

god-farside.jpg

BTW sorry if this was explained somewhere already, why the migration to new forum software? Was the last platform EOL with no options except abandoning? Seemed like you guys made it pretty good over time.

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #10 of 14
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #11 of 14
Long story short, Huddler was shutting down the platform. Jude went into detail in this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/why-we-switched-forum-platforms.846861/
Ohhh, that was 2 years ago. I'd seen some other wonky recent changes so I thought you migrated again. It's a lot more difficult now IMO than a few months back to see subscribed threads what's updated and get to the watched button. I'll adjust... Anyways the feature on this thread, it's anice feature. I've forgotten about it from the old forum.

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 14
Actually, there was a change at the beginning of February, which was moving from the previous version of the platform to the next version of it, and was a mandatory change. Doing so, however, has allowed us to bring back the thread gallery, as well as get the list of reviews a member has written in our Head Gear section to be viewable from their profile. We're not done yet. We have more coming. :)

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 14
Actually, there was a change at the beginning of February, which was moving from the previous version of the platform to the next version of it, and was a mandatory change. Doing so, however, has allowed us to bring back the thread gallery, as well as get the list of reviews a member has written in our Head Gear section to be viewable from their profile. We're not done yet. We have more coming. :)
Love that the Thread Gallery feature has returned, but it is also very, very helpful that member reviews now show up properly in our profiles. Great for those of us who write reviews regularly.

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #14 of 14
BRAVO for the return of the Thread Gallery !! houra ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back