The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Nov 14, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #361 of 775
You may need to run the update again. As a last resort go back to the FW that last worked for you.
I already tried. The thing is that when I click "update firmware", the player just reboots and no changes.
And the same reaction to other menu items, "Music", "Playlist" .....
The instructions say that need to install the original firmware, but I do not know where it can be taken.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #362 of 775
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #364 of 775
does not help, just reboots. And that is all.
When the player is connected to the computer, it also starts to reboot.
may be there is any way to flash not through the system menu?

Try doing a reset.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #365 of 775
Are you following these steps:
 Firmware Update:
▲IMPORTANT NOTE: Misoperation during firmware update will cause serious damage to the
player. Please read the update instruction carefully before updating the player.
1) Download the firmware named as “update.upt” from the website below.
2) Insert a Micro SD card into Rocker and connect it with the computer by a USB 2.0 cable. Copy
the file(update.upt) into the Micro SD card of Rocker.
▲Note: Please make sure there is only ONE firmware in the Micro SD card.
3) Power on Rocker and find “Firmware Update” under “Settings” in the main interface. Enter with the middle button and
choose to start updating. Rocker will power on automatically after the firmware is successfully updated.
▲Note: Please make sure that Rocker has enough power during the updating.
To download the firmware and learn more, please visit: http://www.agptek.com/blog/?p=1246
 About This Player:View the name, model, card memory, available card memory and firmware version.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #366 of 775
I already tried. The thing is that when I click "update firmware", the player just reboots and no changes.
And the same reaction to other menu items, "Music", "Playlist" .....
The instructions say that need to install the original firmware, but I do not know where it can be taken.

There is Benjie firmware not Agptek from :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker.834797/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sel0j3p7ve7vpb/update.upt

See if it helps, and use other micro sd if available

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #368 of 775
Nov 15, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #369 of 775
does not work(((.
when trying to update the firmware, the player reboots, there is no indicator of the firmware process

Have you done a reset?

Nov 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #370 of 775
Simple question as I'm expecting a T6 from Ali Express (42Usd): do I need to do anything specific with the sd card or can I just upload my albums to the root folder?

Nov 19, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #371 of 775
Simple question as I'm expecting a T6 from Ali Express (42Usd): do I need to do anything specific with the sd card or can I just upload my albums to the root folder?
You can organize it however you want. What I usually do is make a bunch of genre folders then throw everything into those. You might want to do it different it's up to you!

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #373 of 775
In theory, A35 would be better, given Sony's experience in audio, as well as hardware and firmware wise. Plus, the price reflects they are not in the same league. If DAP is your primary audio source and you are willing to spend 200+ bucks for a player I think A35 is preferable. T6 has rather poor display, but it holds a great deal of value for money. My ears no longer allow me listen through earpiece for a long period so soundbar is my main thing now. So A35 is a no go for me. Be cautious touchscreen lag was mentioned in a review so do a little more digging before making final decision.

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #375 of 775
At the Agptec Blog there is a new FW Version 1.2 (11/2017) available, what is a real 1.2 and not such cruel stuff as above.
It has a cool feature: The Rocker nowe can play DTS-CDs.
I down know what it really makes out of 5.1 channels, but all can be heared at the right position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back