The Ultimate Headphone Discussion -- General Discussions, Impressions and Content Sharing. Full-Size Headphones and Related Gears Only.
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

pradiptacr7

100+ Head-Fier
🎧Welcome to The Ultimate Headphone Discussion🎧

Whether you’re a seasoned audiophile or just dipping your toes into the world of high-fidelity sound, this thread is your gateway to exploring the realm of full-size headphones. Let’s dive in and uncover the nuances of these magnificent audio companions. We are here to share impressions, participate in discussions, ask queries and clear them, and provide motivation for this hobby and community.

Thread Expectations:

1. Respect and Kindness: Treat fellow participants with respect and kindness. We’re all here to share our passion for headphones, so let’s keep the atmosphere friendly and welcoming.
  2. Stay On Topic: While we love a good tangent, let’s try to keep our discussions related to full-size headphones and related gears. Nothing is "Off Topic" as long it relates to it.
  3. Be Constructive: If you disagree with someone, express your thoughts constructively. Healthy debates are encouraged, but personal attacks won’t be tolerated.
  4. Share Your Knowledge: Whether you’re a seasoned audiophile or a newbie, share your knowledge! If you’ve discovered a hidden gem or have tips on headphone care, enlighten us.
  5. Avoid Price Wars: We all have different budgets. Instead of arguing about price points, let’s focus on the merits of the headphones themselves.
  6. Civility in Debates: If we discuss wired vs. wireless, sound signatures, or build quality, let’s do so with civility. Everyone has their preferences, and that’s what makes these discussions interesting.
  7. Ask Questions: Curious about a particular feature? Wondering if a certain headphone is worth the investment? Ask away!
  8. Have Fun: Lastly, enjoy the journey! Whether you’re a casual listener or a hardcore audiophile, this thread is your space to geek out about headphones. 🎶

Reasons for Starting the Thread:

I want to have a dedicated thread where we can discuss anything related to Full-Size Headphones, not only Open Back or Closed Back, but everything and everything related to it. We already have two solid and lively threads (if not many) for portable audio. We have threads for sharing photos of headphones as well. I would request everyone in this hobby who is into Full-Size Headphones and Desktop gear to kindly join the thread and participate.

Feel free to jump in, share your thoughts, and let the headphone symphony begin! 🎧🎵

Remember: Good headphones make great music even better! 🎧

P.S. Don’t forget to burn in your new headphones – it’s like seasoning a fine dish for your ears. 😉

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 21
Sharing my review of @AuneAudio AR5000. True Reference Tonality and effortless highs. Fun things can be run at full potential with a decent dongle only.
Lastly premium look and feel. Read more here,

- https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aune-ar5000.26908/reviews#review-33245

1713300662198.png

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 21
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 21

Afternoon Rundown,
DD vs Planar

Two similar-priced products came to face each other today. Aune AR5000 is priced at $299 and Hifiman Deva Pro at $269. Both are being paired with Dethonray Listening M1 as a source.

I can say from my subjective opinion, that both are very capable sets. In overall tonal balance and detail retrieval AR5000 can rival some kilobucks Headphones and certainly replicate the evergreen Sennheiser HD6x0 series. Someone could think of AR5000 as all the goods taken from HD650 and make it even better.

Where surprisingly for a Hifiman's Planar driver, the bass response of Deva Pro is outstanding. The sub-bass rumble is very much present and textured better than AR5000. The overall tonality is on the warmer side and the trebles are well extended but inoffensive, making it away from a V-shaped sound signature.

Where Deva Pro certainly benefits from high-power delivery, AR5000 can be one of the easier Headphones to drive in the market if not the easiest.

Stay tuned for full review of Hifiman Deva Pro.

1713301102183.png

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 21
I'll keep sharing and request others to share your thoughts, showcase your gears, and share the news from the market.

Also, inviting the brand representatives to be involved in the thread. The main motto is to create a dedicated thread for everything going on in the Headphone world.

Thank you. :relieved: :beyersmile::beerchug:

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 21
@MOONDROP launched Cosmo at US 899$. Boasting a full-size 100mm planar driver.

1713339835303.png

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 21

Afternoon Rundown,​

DD vs Planar

Two similar-priced products came to face each other today. Aune AR5000 is priced at $299 and Hifiman Deva Pro at $269. Both are being paired with Dethonray Listening M1 as a source.

I can say from my subjective opinion, that both are very capable sets. In overall tonal balance and detail retrieval AR5000 can rival some kilobucks Headphones and certainly replicate the evergreen Sennheiser HD6x0 series. Someone could think of AR5000 as all the goods taken from HD650 and make it even better.

Where surprisingly for a Hifiman's Planar driver, the bass response of Deva Pro is outstanding. The sub-bass rumble is very much present and textured better than AR5000. The overall tonality is on the warmer side and the trebles are well extended but inoffensive, making it away from a V-shaped sound signature.

Where Deva Pro certainly benefits from high-power delivery, AR5000 can be one of the easier Headphones to drive in the market if not the easiest.

Stay tuned for full review of Hifiman Deva Pro.

1713301102183.png
Sick ! I wonder how low powered equipments can drive the 5000s.
How big is the difference ?

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #9 of 21
Sick ! I wonder how low powered equipments can drive the 5000s.
How big is the difference ?
It can be run by a descent dongle. There is no need to get powerful Dongles like FC6 or Questyle M15 for AR5000.

However it can scale with powerful driving power but the difference is not as drastic as the HD6x0 series.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #11 of 21
Apr 17, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #12 of 21
How many of you still use your old phones as your music storage or streamer?

1713365098738.png

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #13 of 21
Thoughts on Yamaha's first high-end headphone amplifier HA-L7A??

1713532899898.png

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #14 of 21
it's never been bad to have another thread.
discourteous
disorganized
redundant

By ignoring the prior existing thread you ignore your expectations of others.: #1, and possibly #2, and #3

🎧Welcome to The Ultimate Headphone Discussion🎧

Whether you’re a seasoned audiophile or just dipping your toes into the world of high-fidelity sound, this thread is your gateway to exploring the realm of full-size headphones. Let’s dive in and uncover the nuances of these magnificent audio companions. We are here to share impressions, participate in discussions, ask queries and clear them, and provide motivation for this hobby and community.

Thread Expectations:

1. Respect and Kindness: Treat fellow participants with respect and kindness. We’re all here to share our passion for headphones, so let’s keep the atmosphere friendly and welcoming.
  2. Stay On Topic: While we love a good tangent, let’s try to keep our discussions related to full-size headphones and related gears. Nothing is "Off Topic" as long it relates to it.
  3. Be Constructive: If you disagree with someone, express your thoughts constructively. Healthy debates are encouraged, but personal attacks won’t be tolerated.
  4. Share Your Knowledge: Whether you’re a seasoned audiophile or a newbie, share your knowledge! If you’ve discovered a hidden gem or have tips on headphone care, enlighten us.
  5. Avoid Price Wars: We all have different budgets. Instead of arguing about price points, let’s focus on the merits of the headphones themselves.
  6. Civility in Debates: If we discuss wired vs. wireless, sound signatures, or build quality, let’s do so with civility. Everyone has their preferences, and that’s what makes these discussions interesting.
  7. Ask Questions: Curious about a particular feature? Wondering if a certain headphone is worth the investment? Ask away!
  8. Have Fun: Lastly, enjoy the journey! Whether you’re a casual listener or a hardcore audiophile, this thread is your space to geek out about headphones. 🎶

Reasons for Starting the Thread:

I want to have a dedicated thread where we can discuss anything related to Full-Size Headphones, not only Open Back or Closed Back, but everything and everything related to it. We already have two solid and lively threads (if not many) for portable audio. We have threads for sharing photos of headphones as well. I would request everyone in this hobby who is into Full-Size Headphones and Desktop gear to kindly join the thread and participate.

Feel free to jump in, share your thoughts, and let the headphone symphony begin! 🎧🎵

Remember: Good headphones make great music even better! 🎧

P.S. Don’t forget to burn in your new headphones – it’s like seasoning a fine dish for your ears. 😉

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #15 of 21
from By ignoring the prior existing thread you ignore your expectations of others.
Could you explain how I ignored it? I was unaware because I never saw it as long as I was active in the entire FORUM. I have explained it before in a simple word. All the time what I saw the activities on Grado thread, HD660s2 threads, Hifiman's threads, thus I wanted to make a consolidated thread. If I was aware of the mentioned thread I would have joined before creating one and since I have created already thus I thought not to close it.

Secondly,
discourteous
I don't know how you've felt with my reply. I was never rude, even I went to the thread and joined.

Third,
disorganized
I tried to start a thread and I saw most of the replies is from me only. What is a point of questioning organization when there is not enough participation?

I hope I can make you understand, but to be honest facing this sort of reactions for making an independant thread is kind of sad to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back