The Ultimate MC/MM phono stage, F-117, Nighthawk...
Dec 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

Ray Samuels

Member of the Trade: Ray Samuels Audio
We call it the giant killer, as there is nothing small about it, beside the size, when it comes to the quality of the sound it produces. Lithium Ion powered, with amazing play back time. Around six days of play back @ 8 hours per day from a single charge, with a sound to die for. It drives all cartridges from the lowest gain to the highest ones, MC & MM. Gain range from 40db-75db in six increments. The load is 30 Ohms-47K. The Nighthawk is absolutely noiseless at the highest gain. Here are some pictures of the first two units ever made and we are hoping to get the chassis by the end of the year.

Our main aim is to put this high end phono stage in every head-fier's home so you will truly enjoy your vinyl. The price is going to be so affordable that the F-117 Nighthawk will set new standards in the phono stages industry when it comes to sound quality/price ratio. We have compared this little baby with thousands of dollars phono stages using HRX turn table with Shelter X90 cartridge & the results were amazing.
RSA.

DSC_6134.jpg

DSC_6135.jpg

DSC_6136.jpg

DSC_6137.jpg

DSC_6138.jpg

DSC_6141.jpg

DSC_6142.jpg

DSC_6143.jpg

DSC_6144.jpg

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 210
I have not heard the final version in a case but the stand alone board has always sounded very good at the after Head-Fi meet listening sessions at Ray home. The adjustable external gain control for each channel is something that to me will be fantastic. My current phono stage only has a MC or MM and it is inside with dip switches. I recently purchased a new lower voltage MC cartridge (Benz LP-S) and this gain control would be a great addition to control the output. I can't wait to hear the final version of this and hope the price will be affordable.

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 210
Looks very good, but what I really want is a unit that can take inputs from 2 turntables as I have one with a MC and one with a MM cartridge.

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #13 of 210
Looks very nice indeed! Small size, and with the benefit of battery operation.
smile.gif

If I only had a vinyl player.. he he

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #15 of 210
We are inviting every head-fier to own one of the best phono stages ever designed by RSA for a price that is so tempting, specially when you realize how expensive phono stages are, yet don't have the flexibility of this phono stage, when it comes to adjusting the load or the gain on the fly while you are listening to you vinyl.
The Into price for the Nighthawk is $650.00 ONLY. If you are looking into buying a phono stage for your existing rig or building your new vinyl rig, I would highly recommend this piece of art, it will put the biggest smile on your face. I use it with my $10,000.00 VPI HRX turn table & $4,000.00 Shelter cartridge. The F-117 even though being so little, as it is dwarfed by the size of the HRX, it Holds it's own & demands respect when it plays with the big boys.
RSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back